Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Feb 2010, 11:37 (Ref:2641900)   #51
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Just a quick Twitter survey...

Team Vodafone = 447 followers

SBR = 564 followers

JBR = 964 followers

FPR = 1559 followers

kelly racing = 768 followers

jamiewhincup = 1725 followers

mwinterbottom = 1261 followers

craiglowndes888 = 450 followers

etc etc...
I know I am missing the point of my own thread here, but I wouldn't pay too much attention to the Twitter figures. I follow just about all of these, even the ones I dislike intensely (hate is such an ugly word) - it is a useful way to keep a finger on the pulse, so to speak. I use Twitter to keep up to date with a range of people from a range of areas, some of whom I like, some of whom I don't, but all of whom I am interested to hear what they think (even if I know some of the politicians will just make me angry).
Old 28 Feb 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2641905)   #52
Venom XR
Racer

Australia
Venom XR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jim Beam Racing (official) has 5876 fans on Facebook. Triple 888 has 2K+ but I don't believe it's officially run. SBR and Kelly Racing have nearly 2K each. JBR have more because they actually engage the fans.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2641912)   #53
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Following on from your post, i hope they don't bring in success ballast etc, i'm a big supporter of the best driver and team winning. If that happens to be a whitewash for the years (like it almost has been for 3 years) then so be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime View Post
I actually agree
Old 28 Feb 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2641936)   #54
samoaair707
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
samoaair707 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom XR View Post
Ford head office is in Broadmeadows genius. They only make I6 engines, stamp/sub-assemble panels and do some product engineering and track/emissions/crash testing out Geelong way.

Otherwise, yes, Ford did give away 888. It is getting a bit tired reading fellow Ford fans claim it was Holden $$$ and not Fords own negligence that was behind the move.
Broadmeadows,Geelong-who really cares when they come from if you want to be that petty and pathetic,they are morons and get what they deserve,iene of their ex teams running away with the championship
Old 28 Feb 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2641964)   #55
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm more worried its going to give the ford whingers merit to want an other parity change.
Pretty confident that this demonstrates complete parity. Doesn't matter which model you start with if you build and run it properly. 888 can dominate with either model.

Maybe they should be the official parity test team of V8SA and run one of each?
Old 1 Mar 2010, 02:18 (Ref:2642387)   #56
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by samoaair707 View Post
Now I bet you these apologists that are asking for success ballast or more parity change would have had a different tune if Whincup was still driving for their camp,but alas,he is in a Holden so suck it up.

...So what do you do,hobble the whole field of Holden's because one driver is such a good stick,or do you just put a ball and chain on one driver because he is so talented.

I just think that it is funny as well as pathetic that when Whincup was winning and dominating in a blue oval it was ok with these people on this forum,but now he has switched camps its not on.

Well it is on,get over it,suck it up and move on
i don't actually believe anyone on here (Holden or Ford headlight supporter - sorry Stealthy ) have actually requested a parity adjustment, there was only a suggestion that someone wasn't looking forward to any whinging about parity - something that is yet to be raised - by anyone...

so not quite sure who you are aiming at
Old 1 Mar 2010, 02:54 (Ref:2642403)   #57
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone thought of questioning in this discussion the viability of Skaife proposed COT??

From the way I look at it, VESA are wasting there time getting Skaife to look at the whole project. By the end of the year T8 would have amassed enough data to be able to compare the two cars and provide VESA with an answer. Not to mention that they've taken the Project Blueprint regs and given them a good going over.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 03:53 (Ref:2642428)   #58
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Blood runs blue, through and through i have been and always will be a Ford Fan, i have supported DJR since i can remember.

With that said i have always followed the career of Craig Lowndes with great intrest.
I know that he once was Red, Then Turned Blue, Then Turned Red Again. However so did the Later Peter Brock one whom i also followed.

I will be at the Supercarnival This Year in My new DJR Jim Beam Gear thats a givin but come race day i will still have a soft spot for Lowndes.

And come time for the Great Race if Courtney or Johnson Cant take the win, the only person that i want to see lift that trophy will be Lowndes.

Holden or Not, Still a top notch driver and a top notch bloke to match.

He has emulated the relationship with his fans much like his late mentor brocky.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 06:32 (Ref:2642456)   #59
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
I loathe T888.......I ditched vodafone (doesn't hurt vodafone but makes me feel better)......after lowndes performance at the end of last year I now support Rick for denying him a championship and as lowndes drives for T888, I think of him as triple LLL (low life lowndes) as Ford did him one of the biggest favours of his career when they signed him and to treat them as he did when he left was disgraceful.......I urge all Ford supporters to ditch vodafone.
I want to retract my above comments and unreservedly apologise to any forum members that may have been offended by them.......just because I'm having a downer I shouldn't take it out on others.......I'll try to "get a life".
Old 1 Mar 2010, 06:55 (Ref:2642460)   #60
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
I want to retract my above comments and unreservedly apologise to any forum members that may have been offended by them.......just because I'm having a downer I shouldn't take it out on others.......I'll try to "get a life".
You did seem a little emotional "blue". "Kudo's" to you.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 07:03 (Ref:2642461)   #61
gemini4
Rookie

Australia
Van Diemens Land
gemini4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
888 Changed ???

Quote:
If it was a proper brand change, then maybe threads like this would have merrit. There isn't much difference between the cars (thanks blueprint).
You ain't kidding ...by the time the 'Car of The Future' project is dropped on us we'll may as well follow Nascar.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 07:07 (Ref:2642462)   #62
gemini4
Rookie

Australia
Van Diemens Land
The Twitter numbers make sense ...people follow winners to make themselves feel good. Watch them change over the course of 2010. Curious to see the December 2010 tally
Old 1 Mar 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2642553)   #63
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini4 View Post
You ain't kidding ...by the time the 'Car of The Future' project is dropped on us we'll may as well follow Nascar.
As long as they turn left and right sounds fine with me.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2642624)   #64
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the money and back that 888 have, i would like to see them enter a car in the Fujitsu series. They have one of the biggest budgets and yet they don't field a car.

if some teams can do it why can't they. Lets see how there cars add up with a devolopement series driver.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2642925)   #65
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom XR View Post
Ford head office is in Broadmeadows genius. They only make I6 engines, stamp/sub-assemble panels and do some product engineering and track/emissions/crash testing out Geelong way.

Otherwise, yes, Ford did give away 888. It is getting a bit tired reading fellow Ford fans claim it was Holden $$$ and not Fords own negligence that was behind the move.
Does it matter where the decision was made, Geelong, Broadmeadows or in the Golden Hands Male Relaxation Centre ?

It was a rubbish decision at the time and still is.

$$$ to Flame Prevention Racing makes sense, (except for S Richards)

Ditto Sprung Breaking Rules ( as long as they keep the Giz)

But DJR- with Steve & Crashney they may as well burn the money. At least they'll have warmth & light for the long Melbourne winter
Old 1 Mar 2010, 23:34 (Ref:2643005)   #66
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1 View Post
However....

888 would have been hoping that their Ford fans would follow them across, and that Holden fans would welcome them aboard.
Why would they care?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 06:25 (Ref:2645296)   #67
gemini4
Rookie

Australia
Van Diemens Land
Quote:
I'm more worried its going to give the ford whingers merit to want an other parity change.
Its hardly Ford fans behind parity squeals ...remember splittergate ?
Wonder if 888 have that fitted to their crummodore ?

Grid parity is a bigger issue for the sport in 2010.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2645308)   #68
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini4 View Post
Its hardly Ford fans behind parity squeals ...remember splittergate ?
Wonder if 888 have that fitted to their crummodore ?

Grid parity is a bigger issue for the sport in 2010.
I think you missed the sarcasm.

What grid parity? Theres 29 racecars. What else do you want in a one make series.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 10:18 (Ref:2645396)   #69
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
With the money and back that 888 have, i would like to see them enter a car in the Fujitsu series. They have one of the biggest budgets and yet they don't field a car.

if some teams can do it why can't they. Lets see how there cars add up with a development series driver.
Presumably 888 are funding the Greg Murphy Racing VE Steve Owen will race in round 1.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 22:38 (Ref:2645850)   #70
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
Gaz, while I can't argue that Roland simply followed the support (After all, sponsorship is key, and Holden gave them a bag of money), I think the mercenary way in which he conducted himself post the Ford bust up shows poor form.

Instead of conducting his business behind closed doors, he and his star J-Dub went on a fairly vicious campaign against Ford. Meanwhile, Dick Johnson and the DJR crew simply said "Things change, and we might be back in the fold one day".

Perhaps if 888 were patient, they too would have been ushered back into the family like DJR were.
Valid point. I just don't see any reason to cut loose your most successful team. If I was in Ford HQ I would have done everything possible to not let the situation get that far.

Last edited by Gaz170; 5 Mar 2010 at 22:47.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 23:12 (Ref:2647104)   #71
aussiemuscle308
Rookie

aussiemuscle308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoaair707 View Post
And for any of you Ford whingers that have got the willy's with Roland Dane and 888 racing,dont get the ****s with them,blame those idiots at Geelong that decided they would not give any funds to the most successful team.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't holden's policy to ONLY support two teams financially, i presume HRT & T8 (but they include all holden teams technically and with parts). Ford were supporting all ford teams financially. . Last year, Ford decided to follow Holden, and have been put down by both ford and holden supporters because of it. it seems hypocritical to me.

edit: maybe their initial choice to support SBR instead of t8 was poor in hindsight, but it's not like t8 were struggling.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 00:51 (Ref:2647143)   #72
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think you'll find that Ford was not only looking at the performance of the teams but also how easily they could work with them. From what I'm told from within is that Dane /888 were a pain in the butt to work with. FPR were always going to get the gig for obvious reasons, leaving a choice between SBR and DJR. Whilst DJR were the long standing loyal Ford team, they weren't looking financially viable at the time leaving SBR as the other Ford supported team. That's my take on it for what it's worth.

Last edited by billy bigtime; 8 Mar 2010 at 00:52. Reason: Spelling.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 02:57 (Ref:2647174)   #73
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime View Post
I think you'll find that Ford was not only looking at the performance of the teams but also how easily they could work with them. From what I'm told from within is that Dane /888 were a pain in the butt to work with. FPR were always going to get the gig for obvious reasons, leaving a choice between SBR and DJR. Whilst DJR were the long standing loyal Ford team, they weren't looking financially viable at the time leaving SBR as the other Ford supported team. That's my take on it for what it's worth.
Would it really matter that Dane/888 were a pain in the arse to work with when achieved what they did ?
Old 9 Mar 2010, 00:05 (Ref:2647836)   #74
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
You know, that having been said, Rick Kelly took the negative reaction to his championship win very personally and cleaned up his act considerably, to the point that now his fellow drivers rate him as the cleanest driver in the series.
Not sure what you base that on, but while we're at it, they considered him one of the cleanest drivers at the time it happened. I recall the comment being made by one of the drivers on the telly.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 00:44 (Ref:2647847)   #75
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Not sure what you base that on, but while we're at it, they considered him one of the cleanest drivers at the time it happened. I recall the comment being made by one of the drivers on the telly.
But with Morris and Richards still diving (at the time), how could Rick have a chance at dirtiest driver?