Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Nov 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2796156)   #51
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo is coming back in FR3.5 series.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 18:00 (Ref:2796160)   #52
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf1 Fan View Post
Ricciardo is coming back in FR3.5 series.
Team?
Old 26 Nov 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2796176)   #53
formula_fan
Racer

formula_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
Rumour has it no Red Bull for Tech 1. ??
I'm quite surprised about this. Especially given that we are expecting Ricciardo to return. I would have thought red bull would stick with the same team for continuity. Also I'm not sure carlin will be as strong next year, with the introduction of their GP2 team I suspect they may lose some focus in other series.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 18:43 (Ref:2796182)   #54
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
coming back for a second year could possibly be the biggest mistake... no team mentioned here:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88501
Old 26 Nov 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2796186)   #55
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_fan View Post
I'm quite surprised about this. Especially given that we are expecting Ricciardo to return. I would have thought red bull would stick with the same team for continuity. Also I'm not sure carlin will be as strong next year, with the introduction of their GP2 team I suspect they may lose some focus in other series.
Maybe felt Tech1 made a few to many wrong calls?? Is just an unconfirmed rumour.

Last edited by Mak; 26 Nov 2010 at 19:18.
Old 27 Nov 2010, 01:33 (Ref:2796271)   #56
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not saying this too often in regards to Red Bull, but this is some smart thinking.
They just don't have enough spots in F1 for all their title winning drivers, so why spending many millions in F1 to find who's the best of them when they can put them one against the other in smth "cheap" as WSbR!? They're doing the same with Kvyat & Sainz Jr. in FBMW & Eurocup next season.
My bet is on Vergne, he was pretty impressive in his few outings and he's improving all the time.
Old 27 Nov 2010, 09:59 (Ref:2796364)   #57
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo will most likely be champion as long as he does a full season, as it's quite possible he will be in a STR by mid-season. Vergne will probably fight for top 5.
Old 27 Nov 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2796449)   #58
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vergne won more points per race than anybody this season(incl. Esteban - of course he had major bad luck), from 6 races he won 1, got several podiums and finished 8th overall. Looks like quite a genuine championship contender for next year
Old 27 Nov 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2796485)   #59
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Helmut Marko told to Autohebdo paper version that JEV will race in a british team for 2011 season.
Old 28 Nov 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2796769)   #60
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
Vergne won more points per race than anybody this season(incl. Esteban - of course he had major bad luck), from 6 races he won 1, got several podiums and finished 8th overall. Looks like quite a genuine championship contender for next year

Race win didn't really count Ricciardo got taken out and Esteben got DQ'd for almost nothing. JEV is good but he won't be able to beat Ricciardo. They already have gone against eachother before in Eurocup where Ricciardo finished runner up and JEV got like 5th or something.
Old 28 Nov 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2796774)   #61
alias99
Racer

alias99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A-D.R View Post
Race win didn't really count Ricciardo got taken out and Esteben got DQ'd for almost nothing. JEV is good but he won't be able to beat Ricciardo. They already have gone against eachother before in Eurocup where Ricciardo finished runner up and JEV got like 5th or something.
Whilst I do agree that Ricciardo will come out on top. JEV was in his first year in Eurocup and Ricciardo in his 2nd so its a bit of an unfair comparison. JEV actually did very well to finish 5th in his rookie season and the boy has talent.
Old 28 Nov 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2796909)   #62
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo has little to gain and much to lose by coming back to 3.5 next year. Ok so he needs to keep racing whilst doing the Friday duties for STR but I can't help but think it would've made more sense to put him into the new GP2. Different fields, different circuits at more F1 venues.

Strange decision.

Unless Red Bull are scaling back the sponsorship and like someone mentioned earlier, stick one level of aspirants against the other in all the series they cover and dump the losers at the end of the year or something. Doubt it is like that but you never know.
Old 28 Nov 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2796925)   #63
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
or dump both and end up with an egg on their face if they get beaten by Hartley
Old 29 Nov 2010, 11:11 (Ref:2797111)   #64
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
or dump both and end up with an egg on their face if they get beaten by Hartley
True but unlikely, anyway if Brendon's definitely doing the series next year why has he been testing for so many teams in GP2?

I don't think he'll be confirmed for any series until right at the last minute.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2800838)   #65
formula_fan
Racer

Red Bull don't need to spend the huge sums of money in GP2 for Ricciardo to prove himself, they already know he is good enough for F1 but now it will be interesting pitching him directly against Vergne.
I hope to see both red bull drivers in the same team for a direct fight. Also I think Hartley would be best off getting a budget deal in the series, after all he hasn't looked promising in any of the gp2 running he's done. Would like to see him having a championship challenging campaign alongside the existing red bull drivers
Old 7 Dec 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2800888)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
I hope to see both red bull drivers in the same team for a direct fight. Also I think Hartley would be best off getting a budget deal in the series, after all he hasn't looked promising in any of the gp2 running he's done. Would like to see him having a championship challenging campaign alongside the existing red bull drivers
I suspect Dan and Jean-Eric would rather not compete directly against each other in the same team (unless it's actually in F1) with one of them surely going to lose appeal as a result. Fair do's if they didn't mind though, both would be brave!

The Hartley underperforming in GP2 bit doesn't add up Formula-Fan? The Kiwi looked very strong in the last GP2 race of the season and he certainly hasn't disgraced himself in the previous rounds either.

I suspect he knows what he wants to do know, it's whether he can scrape enough together, otherwise he's got that Grubmuller deal (or whatever 3.5 deal it is) to fall back on.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2800897)   #67
formula_fan
Racer

True, looking at some results he didn't do so badly, but still he's unlikely to be a title contender whilst in 3.5 I think he is probably the only other driver who can take the fight to the red bulls.

Red Bull pitched Hartley and Ricciardo against each other with Tech 1 in 2010 didnt they? Why not do the same with Ricciardo and Vergne, then they would find out who their better prospect for f1 was.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2800966)   #68
alias99
Racer

Quote:
True, looking at some results he didn't do so badly, but still he's unlikely to be a title contender whilst in 3.5 I think he is probably the only other driver who can take the fight to the red bulls.

Red Bull pitched Hartley and Ricciardo against each other with Tech 1 in 2010 didnt they? Why not do the same with Ricciardo and Vergne, then they would find out who their better prospect for f1 was.
IMO they will end up in the same team for sure, looking at previous years in all series' that Red Bull enters their drivers always end up in the same team except for a couple of years in Renault Eurocup when they had 2 teams being used jsut because hey had so many drivers in the same series.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2801009)   #69
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias99 View Post
IMO they will end up in the same team for sure, looking at previous years in all series' that Red Bull enters their drivers always end up in the same team except for a couple of years in Renault Eurocup when they had 2 teams being used jsut because hey had so many drivers in the same series.
From memory it's only more recently in FR3.5 and 2.0 series where they put drivers in the same teams. Drivers were in separate teams in F3, GP2 and some lesser formulae.

It's different now I guess as they look to downsize the bloody programme.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2801037)   #70
alias99
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
From memory it's only more recently in FR3.5 and 2.0 series where they put drivers in the same teams. Drivers were in separate teams in F3, GP2 and some lesser formulae.

It's different now I guess as they look to downsize the bloody programme.
Sorry should have mentioned recently! even in F3 though they have put all their drivers in at carlin except euroseries where they were in a few different ones.

But based on recent trends Vergne and Ricciardo will be in the same team and if Hartley joins in on the fun its going to be quite exciting to see those 3 go up against each other.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2801109)   #71
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias99 View Post
Sorry should have mentioned recently! even in F3 though they have put all their drivers in at carlin except euroseries where they were in a few different ones.

But based on recent trends Vergne and Ricciardo will be in the same team and if Hartley joins in on the fun its going to be quite exciting to see those 3 go up against each other.
I don't get why people keep mentioning Hartley. Ricciardo dominated him last year. Vergne did a much better job when he replaced him, so logically they would both beat him again, especially as they have the might of Red Bull behind them.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 23:53 (Ref:2801143)   #72
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
I don't get why people keep mentioning Hartley. Ricciardo dominated him last year. Vergne did a much better job when he replaced him, so logically they would both beat him again, especially as they have the might of Red Bull behind them.
Very true. But they dropped Aleshin for 2010 and he went and beat Red Bull top gun.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2801277)   #73
JVD
Rookie

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Hartley will find a drive, maybe P1!?

And does Interwetten continues with the series? because they didn't test?
Old 8 Dec 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2801285)   #74
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Yeah but Aleshin and Guerrieri were more than capable of taking on Ricciardo from outside the Red Bull stable?

I think what we might have seen is once again that Tech 1 isn't necessarily the be all and end all and every year we seem to get a new team come through and challenge?
Old 8 Dec 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2801345)   #75
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
And does Interwetten continues with the series? because they didn't test?
italiaracing.net reported (25/11) that Charouz have taken over Interwetten's equipment:

http://italiaracing.net/translatenew...&cat=5&lang=en