Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 25 Jun 2003, 22:22 (Ref:643172)   #51
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paddy
Senna is the best I've seen, but I loved the era before him. Derek Daly, David Kennedy, Steve South,Derek Warwick etc. Huge entries and great racing. 1600s will never be beaten in my view.
Yes!! Marvellous days!
I remember when David Kennedy lived in his transporter. It was a black converted bus with a small living space up front. We always laugh about that when I bump into him now and then. A lot of the FF circus lived like Gypsies in those days. Now the FF drivers have managers, nice hotels etc etc ...don't know they are born!
Time to dig out some photos I think and start a 70s/80s FF1600 photo thread. What do you all reckon?
Old 25 Jun 2003, 22:30 (Ref:643180)   #52
Dunzer
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Dunzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been looking through the various search engines for such photos with little success so go for it Andrew!
Old 25 Jun 2003, 23:18 (Ref:643224)   #53
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK. I've started a photo thread called 'The 70s/80s FF1600 thread' in the Historic Racing & Racing History forum. Take a look, wonderful memories. Please add some photos if you have some. Click on this link:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=40077
Old 26 Jun 2003, 15:49 (Ref:643836)   #54
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Maybe not the best ever but.........

Quote:
Originally posted by ghinzani
who won? I can remember Bob sticking people over the pit wall - he was hard, but so was Gavin.
I'l answer my own question - Kevin won - no sign of Bob in the results and Gav was at Mallory so a no show. shame.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 17:29 (Ref:643912)   #55
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry - I missed your question the first time around.

no Gavin Wills, David Male decided not to race, Adrian Coterill was a non starter as was bob Higgens and Johnny Hutch, shame really, however the Parsons / Mills scrap was a good one. If the race had been 12 laps instead of 10 (as origionally billed) I think it would have been the toss of a coin to seperate them
Old 26 Jun 2003, 17:33 (Ref:643915)   #56
Junior Senior
Racer

Junior Senior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top idea Andrew, if anyone has a decent shot of Magnussen in his Foundation RF92 could they stick it on! Another good site to take a look at is "The Good Times", It has been put together by ex Amity Racing boss Alan Mitchell and it contains some great photos from the 70's and 80's.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 17:36 (Ref:643916)   #57
Junior Senior
Racer

The address for Alan Mitchell's site is the-goodtimes.co.uk
Old 27 Jun 2003, 07:21 (Ref:644412)   #58
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by darcym
sorry - I missed your question the first time around.

no Gavin Wills, David Male decided not to race, Adrian Coterill was a non starter as was bob Higgens and Johnny Hutch, shame really, however the Parsons / Mills scrap was a good one. If the race had been 12 laps instead of 10 (as origionally billed) I think it would have been the toss of a coin to seperate them
Shame they all seemed to bottle out, except Gavin who was at Mallory...

Was looking forward to it but thought Mills would win no matter who entered.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 07:33 (Ref:644424)   #59
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JR Ewing
Shame they all seemed to bottle out, except Gavin who was at Mallory...

Was looking forward to it but thought Mills would win no matter who entered.
I cant imagine bob bottling anything!

Gavin and Kevin never really raced each other at their respective peaks.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 09:42 (Ref:644542)   #60
darcym
Veteran

I don't think its was a case of bottling, I think the rumour mill just went into over drive. eg: Bobs return at the last race made everyone "think" he would do this race, bobs rumoured entry suggested Adrian would race etc etc etc. The castlecombe website suggested Adrian and Johnny Hutch return etc etc.

The race was a joy to see. Its a shame there where not more of the list of names racing as expected, Kevin and Robin did not dissapoint, I think not been in the cars for a long time, and to turn up and get 1-2 qualifying and 1-2 race and fastest lap shows how good they really are.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 13:47 (Ref:644775)   #61
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

whats Bob driving these days? also is Richard Carter from Cornwall still racing there?
Old 27 Jun 2003, 18:32 (Ref:645002)   #62
darcym
Veteran

Bob was in an RF91 last time he turned up at combe.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 01:31 (Ref:645747)   #63
gillestrois
Rookie

gillestrois should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Apex
Agreed. I have never seen anyone do things like that with a with a FFord - 1600 or Zetec - since.

ps: 1600s always ruled, always will.
NO COMPLAINS. THE BEST - AYRTON "SILVASTONE" - EVER.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 17:48 (Ref:646264)   #64
F1naWeb
Rookie

F1naWeb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best not only in F-Ford, in fact...
Old 9 Jul 2003, 18:48 (Ref:657194)   #65
Junior Senior
Racer

So according to you lot, Ayrton Senna was the best FF1600 driver ever, with Fionn Murray and Bernard Devaney tied for second place........... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and it was a lively debate!!
Old 11 Jul 2003, 22:46 (Ref:659247)   #66
Séamas M.
Racer

Northern Ireland
Lurgan,County Armagh
Séamas M. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayrton Senna??? Didn't he chicken out of a Formula Ford Festival.......????? which was then won by Tommy Byrne (in Senna's car).

What would that make Tommy then???
Old 12 Jul 2003, 11:03 (Ref:659479)   #67
Edgar Jessop
Rookie

Edgar Jessop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Patch won that Festival As it did most years until they gave it to Steven Robertson

Tommy was wild enough to be pretty good but then you'd have to add Rob Tennant to the list on the strength of that last lap race they had round Thruxton.