Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Apr 2008, 13:57 (Ref:2178914)   #51
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Bell runs the car for Michael Fux(Fuchs). Money is an issue only if he does not want to spend it! He is creating a pedigree for one of his collection. Google is our friend.

L.P.
Oh he's one of those huh?

Well I should take out a ad in Autoweek and say -

"If you buy #008 Aston Martin from a Micheal Fuchs, make sure you get a CarFax Report..." I think its been in a accident or two...
Old 16 Apr 2008, 15:08 (Ref:2178964)   #52
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
I don't have to be informed do I?

He's a Caucasian with money, I didn't have go Google that did I?

I said he set a budget, I didn't say he was BROKE.

When money is involved TIME is no issue, clearly, money was involved because I would say Joel's car was almost a write-off at St Pete and he's still on the entry list.

They said "no" to Long Beach almost 8 days before it was to be ran.

Maybe they don't wanna wreck it again? That could be the case. I'd say Lord Drayson takes his racing much more seriously.

Even if the Bell car never shows up again, they win the IMSA Cup and an Automatic Bid to Le Mans.

Save money DUDE, stay home.
Well evidently the qualifiers explains it all!
There is a difference in how the two chassis are constructed and the Aston is a little more complex to repair and if it needed such repair would only, more than likely, be allowed by the car owner to be done by AMR/Prodrive.

L.P.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 15:51 (Ref:2178997)   #53
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also as to competing in Long Beach, the Viper was a write-off! It will be a different chassis than the one that was run in St. Pete.

L.P.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2179010)   #54
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every good team has a budget, not open ended deep pockets. SOme budgets are larger then others.

anyone WITH money uses Money wisely and budgets the use of that money vs the ROI. Wealth ppl do not spend frivolously. Or they would not have money for very long.

LB is a long haul each way from Miami. Could just be a logistics choice. as in Mid May is Utah, another long haul from Miami.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2179021)   #55
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
The Spotters Guide has been updated for Long Beach and now online at the usual place www.spotterguides.com

Mainly corrections from V1, but also some wheel, tyre and small livery changes.

Enjoy
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:22 (Ref:2179024)   #56
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Thanks, Andy.

L.P.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2179046)   #57
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
The Spotters Guide has been updated for Long Beach and now online at the usual place www.spotterguides.com

Mainly corrections from V1, but also some wheel, tyre and small livery changes.

Enjoy
Me hopes you make the correction that several teams where on Dunlops when actually they were on a Korean tire. Be glad they come from the friendly side of Korea or do I have to remind you that they have nukes too?

I kid because I care (I think) companies don't like when misinform the public, though the ALMS crowd is quite a small "public"
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:52 (Ref:2179057)   #58
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
umm, now I'm confused I hope I'm 99% correct, but I know I forgot to change the Autocon and Intersport car to Dunlops

Last edited by andy_b; 16 Apr 2008 at 16:56.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2179119)   #59
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm confused - is the Korean thing an allusion to Corsa switiching tires? Because if it is, Andy's correct - the car is now on Dunlops for the time being ,though interestingly free of Dunlop decals, contractual issues being what they are...

Andy, really minor correction - the sponsor of the VICI Racing Porsche is 'TORNOS", not "TORINOS". It would not even irk me if it wasn't a classic sponsor from the 962 era!
Old 16 Apr 2008, 17:47 (Ref:2179129)   #60
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I'm confused - is the Korean thing an allusion to Corsa switiching tires? Because if it is, Andy's correct - the car is now on Dunlops for the time being ,though interestingly free of Dunlop decals, contractual issues being what they are...

Andy, really minor correction - the sponsor of the VICI Racing Porsche is 'TORNOS", not "TORINOS". It would not even irk me if it wasn't a classic sponsor from the 962 era!
Thanks, I hadnt noticed that. too many late nights working on this. Again, one for the next update

The Corsa car did have some small Dunlop branding btw
Old 17 Apr 2008, 03:17 (Ref:2179455)   #61
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk

CMK, I actually found errors on this one (Andy has since corrected them) and the one on Planet Lemans is wrong as well.

Now it has nothing to do with Corsa actually. but if I remember the Doran GT40 is on Kumho's, like VICI and LG Motorsports, Andy put in the guide they were on Dunlops (before the correction). If Kumho and Hankook were based in North Korea, if some very well dressed Korean dudes with sunglasses show up at Andy's doorstep I would be concerned -
Old 17 Apr 2008, 03:51 (Ref:2179462)   #62
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't have to be informed do I?

He's a Caucasian with money, I didn't have go Google that did I?

I said he set a budget, I didn't say he was BROKE.

When money is involved TIME is no issue, clearly, money was involved because I would say Joel's car was almost a write-off at St Pete and he's still on the entry list.

They said "no" to Long Beach almost 8 days before it was to be ran.

Maybe they don't wanna wreck it again? That could be the case. I'd say Lord Drayson takes his racing much more seriously.

Even if the Bell car never shows up again, they win the IMSA Cup and an Automatic Bid to Le Mans.

Save money DUDE, stay home.
First off, WTF does him being a Caucasian have to do with anything??? If your argument is about money, then thats green, no matter who owns it...

As stated, you can't compare the wrecked Aston Martin to the wrecked Viper, as the Viper team is running a different chassis for Long Beach. For Long Beach, the transporters have to be parked by Wednesday, so how many days did that leave the Bell team to fix a wrecked car and transport it across country? Somehow, I can't see money being the problem in that equation...
Old 17 Apr 2008, 04:00 (Ref:2179464)   #63
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
CMK, I actually found errors on this one (Andy has since corrected them) and the one on Planet Lemans is wrong as well.

Now it has nothing to do with Corsa actually. but if I remember the Doran GT40 is on Kumho's, like VICI and LG Motorsports, Andy put in the guide they were on Dunlops (before the correction). If Kumho and Hankook were based in North Korea, if some very well dressed Korean dudes with sunglasses show up at Andy's doorstep I would be concerned -
Andy's guide is correct - the Robertson Racing GT40 is on Dunlops.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2179603)   #64
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
phew....

i might drop the tyre ID if its going to just end up being confusing
Old 17 Apr 2008, 11:55 (Ref:2179750)   #65
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Andy's guide is correct - the Robertson Racing GT40 is on Dunlops.
So wait a minute, they were on Kumho's at Sebring, correct????
Old 17 Apr 2008, 12:32 (Ref:2179777)   #66
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So wait a minute, they were on Kumho's at Sebring, correct????
Nope Dunlop, always has been.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 19:10 (Ref:2180074)   #67
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
From America's storied street circuit the

Schedule

Entry List

Track Map

Timing and Scoring

Hindy @ RLM

IMSA site

Testing/Practice starts today at 3:00pm-4:00pm PDT second session starts at 4:45pm-5:45pm. Times are BST -8

L.P.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 22:30 (Ref:2180243)   #68
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Timing and Scoring is up for the test sessions.

L.P.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 03:41 (Ref:2180329)   #69
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Combined thursday practice times.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 07:22 (Ref:2180411)   #70
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
430 quite a bit faster than the porsche
did Cocker ran the Vantage ??

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Apr 2008, 07:54 (Ref:2180435)   #71
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Johnny & Paul drove the Vantage today...
Old 18 Apr 2008, 10:47 (Ref:2180537)   #72
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at first look yes:

http://www.americanlemans.com/Galler...8233134296.JPG
Old 18 Apr 2008, 15:18 (Ref:2180742)   #73
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Bizarre!

I had to email KABC here in Los Angeles as my Media Center's guide updates every 24 hours and there's still no listing of the ALMS race on either KABC Analog or KABC-DT1 or DT2. Its not listed on Zap2it or Titan TV either.

Its listed under channel 86 which is the WABC in New York feed.

I hope somebody works this out, I have it set to manually record at 9:30am to 10:30am just to make sure. Hookie, I wish they would set these things right, millions of DVR's and Tivo's are going to be off when they are suppose to be recording because the correct information is not provided.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2180770)   #74
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Hindy's up.

L.P.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 16:55 (Ref:2180806)   #75
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
1:12.239 by Luis Diaz, ain't that a track record??

My goodness GT2 is close! Even at the end, the new cars are all running 1:25.xxx

I think 1:19 will be the pole time, I figure more rubber put down, softer tire - GT2

Penske is either struggling a bit or they are searching for a setup, like Dyson.

Qualifying a bit later, nap time..!