Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 May 2009, 20:25 (Ref:2471159)   #51
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
"*******"'s.... oops!
Old 28 May 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2471175)   #52
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
I say!

As I remember,it took the gendarmerie's timely intervention or else these *******'s car had gone up in flames(turned out to be their moms car even!).

Lads,we're camping at Houx annexe this year again. It's been two years since we camped there. It seems now all the lots are numbered and ranked. How vigillant are the camping guards in enforcing the exact placings?
You see,our party didn't order all the tickets at the same time,so we have our tickets spread in three batches. Ofcourse you can imagine that we'd love to have all of them togethet to be able to employ our camp at its best...
I dont get the connection to my post?????
We are a private members hospitality campsite and as such we provide our own security for our members. What has that to do with a burning car?
Old 28 May 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2471186)   #53
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Bas has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Lads,we're camping at Houx annexe this year again. It's been two years since we camped there. It seems now all the lots are numbered and ranked. How vigillant are the camping guards in enforcing the exact placings?
You see,our party didn't order all the tickets at the same time,so we have our tickets spread in three batches. Ofcourse you can imagine that we'd love to have all of them togethet to be able to employ our camp at its best...
If you ordered with the same agency there's a good chance the three batches are at least close together.

The ACO campsite people are OK, if you speak some French and treat them with respect than my experience is that they will be very helpful.

Forget about nicking somebody else's plot, they will make you move your stuff or do it for you (and rightfully so), we saw some great examples of that 2 years ago at Maison Blanche
Old 28 May 2009, 20:58 (Ref:2471189)   #54
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89 View Post
I dont get the connection to my post?????
We are a private members hospitality campsite and as such we provide our own security for our members. What has that to do with a burning car?
LOL! I thought you were in Bleu nord last year were a group of young french thiefs robbed a tentload of stuff from campers all around. At the end they were spotted by someone and some sort of an excorsism happening followed. These guys were allmost lucky that the gendarmerie came to pick 'm up. Afterwards,all what was left of their shabby "camp" was used to cool the hot tempers on...
Served them right though...
Old 28 May 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2471190)   #55
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bas View Post
If you ordered with the same agency there's a good chance the three batches are at least close together.

The ACO campsite people are OK, if you speak some French and treat them with respect than my experience is that they will be very helpful.

Forget about nicking somebody else's plot, they will make you move your stuff or do it for you (and rightfully so), we saw some great examples of that 2 years ago at Maison Blanche
Nice one. I'll bring a bottle of something tasty for them to drink,that usually does it .
Old 29 May 2009, 04:13 (Ref:2471344)   #56
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, ok. Not us. Speedchills are located in Beausejour and Bleu Sud. But you're right its amazing what some people will try to get away with! Retribution is usually swift and sometimes painful!
Old 29 May 2009, 07:21 (Ref:2471397)   #57
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We are usually free from trouble at tertre rouge but one year a young gentleman tried to get into the campsite via the wall from the motorway, unfortunately he got tangled up in the barbed wire on the top and in his struggles only made things worse, he may well have just lost his pass to get back into the campsite but it was very difficult to understand him as he appeared to be in some pain.

After some time whilst everyone discussed the situation including the camp marshalls, and he continued to scream in a language unknown to evryone, the local plod were called and eventually he was cut free and taken into custody, although the state of him indicated that he might require some medical attention. There was little simpathy for him from the large group of people watching who by them were all sharing beer and food in a almost party atmosphere.
Old 29 May 2009, 07:23 (Ref:2471400)   #58
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
my pass finally arrived
LM here I come

Ciao Marco
Old 29 May 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2471748)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We are usually free from trouble at tertre rouge but one year a young gentleman tried to get into the campsite via the wall from the motorway, unfortunately he got tangled up in the barbed wire on the top and in his struggles only made things worse, he may well have just lost his pass to get back into the campsite but it was very difficult to understand him as he appeared to be in some pain.

After some time whilst everyone discussed the situation including the camp marshalls, and he continued to scream in a language unknown to evryone, the local plod were called and eventually he was cut free and taken into custody, although the state of him indicated that he might require some medical attention. There was little simpathy for him from the large group of people watching who by them were all sharing beer and food in a almost party atmosphere.

It never ceases to amaze me the entertainment that the ACO lay on for us spectators at Le Mans.......
Old 29 May 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2471827)   #60
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm avoiding the whole problem sunday night, as soon as the race is over I'll be making a break for a Hotel in Rouen and a hot shower and comfy bed. I feel I'll need it by then.
Old 30 May 2009, 00:11 (Ref:2471925)   #61
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I have rooms booked Sunday night in Boulogne.
It's a haul, but worth it, short drive for the ferry in the morning.

Should I be getting nervous? There seem to be a lot of comments re French 'chavs' nicking gear. I guess the decent mountain tent stays home!
Old 30 May 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2471989)   #62
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The problems in the unguarded campsites do not start until Sunday afternoon, if you are heading back to boulogne on Sunday, you will pack up the car Sunday morning so it will be safe.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2476074)   #63
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Campsite access may be issue if you arrive during practice. The building work for the new football stadium looks likey to have closed the access road from the terte rouge (stella) bar that passes under the track and then leads to the Houx and Houx annexe sites.

Does any one know if the access has been lost?
Old 5 Jun 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2476145)   #64
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Even if that route is closed, you should be able to access Houx and Houx Annexe via the road up past the Karting Nord and Technoparc areas.

Also, Re: thieving gippoes on the Sunday. I'm sure the tent itself would be safe but be advised the 'security' knock off sometime after lunchtime on Sunday, so unless you're sleeping over on Sunday pack your stuff away. Even if you are staying Sunday put anything worth taking (or indeed anything you are planning on taking home) in the car.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2478172)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Early reports from Le Mans suggest that some of the campsites are not exactly ready, very long grass and some flooding in those sites near the porsche curves, according to the Club arnarge site they are struggling to get everything ready for the main arrivals from tomorrow.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 09:58 (Ref:2478243)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it's a tough job isn't it to get them ready - after all, they've only had a year to do it.......
Old 9 Jun 2009, 10:10 (Ref:2478257)   #67
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
In 2000 I arrived on the Tuesday. Not only could my mate find an open gate and have a quick drive down the start finish straight in his Cobra, but ACO staff were busy painting the rumble strips at the Ford chicane! I love the fact that the ACO always seems to be taken by surprise by their own event!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 11:00 (Ref:2478292)   #68
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems there is a problem with Houx as well, reported on Beermountain site today.

Might only affect people with non numbered (us) tickets, again boggy ground, uncut grass etc.

Still everything will be OK by Wednesday PM when the heatwave starts
Old 9 Jun 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2478301)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's the spirit!!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2478324)   #70
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hmmm. Maison Blanche? Anyone heard any news re sinking?
Old 9 Jun 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2478357)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, they've re-christened it the Titanic campsite.......
Old 9 Jun 2009, 12:47 (Ref:2478360)   #72
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It's the same story every year, thats why I always book tertre rouge, camp on high ground it's good advice.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2478365)   #73
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the sites are on sand, so should drain fairly well.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 00:44 (Ref:2478810)   #74
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Mr no bloody rain... Now he tells me!
Old 16 Jun 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2484434)   #75
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Our campsite Tertre Rouge was very quiet this year, heard a few romours of touble on some of the others but wondered how everyone's camping was this year.

Tags
2009 le mans