Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jan 2009, 22:11 (Ref:2373027)   #51
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I like the car, more so than the Ferrari, but less than the Toyota.

Noticed the nose is not flat as on last years cars and the two cars revealed already but appears to be rounded. Unusual and a little strange but we'll see how it works in practice.
Old 16 Jan 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2373036)   #52
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I like it, but then I think McLaren's cars over recent years have generally been pretty good-looking. I'm not a fan of the out of proportion wings, but then there isn't a great deal any individual designer can do about that with the regulations as they are.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 16 Jan 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2373056)   #53
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's not bad at all, you get used to it real fast, now let it get some wins and it's the nicest thing around.
Old 16 Jan 2009, 22:56 (Ref:2373065)   #54
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Looks fat and out of shape, seems like they have taken the no wings / smooth bodywork rules too seriously.

If the BMW isn't a winner they might as well crown Ferrari now and get it over with.
Old 16 Jan 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2373079)   #55
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Beautiful looking race car, shame about the front wing...
Old 16 Jan 2009, 23:53 (Ref:2373096)   #56
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedworx
The McLaren is the worst of the 09 cars so far for me. Its maybe the ugliest car I have ever seen McLaren design.
And no surprise there either.

And it should be noted that the MP 4/10 would have looked a whole lot better had it won some races.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 00:02 (Ref:2373100)   #57
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedworx
The McLaren is the worst of the 09 cars so far for me. Its maybe the ugliest car I have ever seen McLaren design.
This is one of the the great thing about Ten-Tenths..The ability to voice ones opinion with out others jumping all over you..
Old 17 Jan 2009, 00:05 (Ref:2373102)   #58
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Maybe ugly is the new black this season ?
Old 17 Jan 2009, 00:28 (Ref:2373115)   #59
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot
Maybe ugly is the new black this season ?

You know what they are doing is trying to make the new regulations work..
Old 17 Jan 2009, 00:44 (Ref:2373128)   #60
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
You know what they are doing is trying to make the new regulations work..
Indeed.I'm a big fan of overtaking and have posted several times explaining how it all should work.I really think that this should have been done a long time ago and maybe then the visual effects wouldn't have been quite so bad.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 01:57 (Ref:2373151)   #61
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I would like to see what andy_b would offer us...I know you are here looking..
Old 17 Jan 2009, 04:06 (Ref:2373176)   #62
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian
So because somebody likes the car, he has to be a McLaren supporter now?
More likely to be Lewis fans, pining for another title, which is fine. Just trying to balance the all positive posts at the start of the thread. For my liking, the McLaren aint the sleekest... It may or may not be quick, for instance the previous Honda's were quite angular and sleek but far from quick cars, whilst their boxy 04 car was a quick piece of kit - the mechanical side of the car and the sophistication of the aero beyond the basic shapes obviously influence the lap pace of an F1 racer
Old 17 Jan 2009, 04:12 (Ref:2373177)   #63
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Can anyone explain the origin of this insult? It just seems a bit weak. Yes, they're a team. And?
Not an insult at all, just another way to refer to McLaren. For instance Honda could be called the 'House of Brawn', Red Bull could be called 'Lolly Water Racing', BMW could be called 'Bimmer', Triple Eight Engineering in the BTCC could be the 'Inn of Eight Balls' for example.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 04:41 (Ref:2373180)   #64
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
I would like to see what andy_b would offer us...I know you are here looking..
? in terms of what? confused
Old 17 Jan 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2373210)   #65
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
A race car...
Old 17 Jan 2009, 08:42 (Ref:2373213)   #66
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
staid davenport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think it looks much better than that thing produced by maranello
Old 17 Jan 2009, 10:09 (Ref:2373241)   #67
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Am I right in thinking that the car will make its track debut today?
Old 17 Jan 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2373266)   #68
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
Pedro is pedalling today.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2373277)   #69
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks
More likely to be Lewis fans, pining for another title, which is fine.
I said I liked the F60 too so what does that make me?
Old 17 Jan 2009, 14:22 (Ref:2373347)   #70
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
Good to see some action.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2373359)   #71
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Ugly nose job on this car, it looks fat!
Old 17 Jan 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2373363)   #72
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
The thing to remember about the 'launch cars' is that they may become almost unrecognizable come the first race.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 15:24 (Ref:2373371)   #73
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Hopefully they will.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2373425)   #74
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
One thing I like about the McLaren is that the paint job complements the shape of the car, is IMHO more integrated and helps it look smoother.

More so than the Toyota or the Ferrari.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2373479)   #75
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Pedro drives McLaren in Portugal and gives first impressions.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72851