Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Oct 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2562553)   #51
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
not appreciated by Holden?

Murph is Holden NZ's poster boy
Old 16 Oct 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2562557)   #52
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Why wouldn't Murph move from the dark side? He has been a loyal holden steerer for his entire career but all they ever seem to do is **** on him. Now they've signed up T8, given factory support to GRM & BJR and left SGR out in the cold. My opinion is that Murph should look elsewhere because he is simply not appreciated by the dark side.

Their loss I recon...

Assuming any of this actually happens...

Yep promax...
lots of Kiwis have supported Murhp one way or another...He is our guy! Red or Blue.

Last edited by Woolley; 16 Oct 2009 at 12:56.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2562625)   #53
dougcharli
Rookie

dougcharli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
greg has no stakes in SGR, and hence has no dollar loyalty to them. He only has his own Greg Murphy Racing Fujitsu franchise to worry about.
My bet is that he will be in a Ford next year, and SGR will be reduced to a 1 car team.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 23:08 (Ref:2563016)   #54
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougcharli View Post
greg has no stakes in SGR
No but his father Kevin does. The evidence seems to indicate the team is winding down, the team manager has left, the ride car is being advertised for sale.

Pity to see the 2nd oldest team in the category potentially shutting up shop. For those too young to know, the team was founded by Trevor Ashby & Steve Reed in 1986 initially operating out of their Lansvale Smash Repairs facility in Sydney. It was sold to Tasman Motorsport in 2004, initially remaining in Sydney before moving to Melbourne.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 23:27 (Ref:2563024)   #55
dougcharli
Rookie

dougcharli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do Ashby and Reed still have any stakes or involvement in the team? Very sad for them as they were the epitomy of good, hard racing privateers.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 00:58 (Ref:2563041)   #56
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
I think Ashby and Reed retained a small shareholding when the team became Tasman Motorsport, but this may have since changed. The cars still carry Lansvale Smash Repairs decals on the rear quarters.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 02:15 (Ref:2563053)   #57
David Brand
Rookie

David Brand should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
I think Ashby and Reed retained a small shareholding when the team became Tasman Motorsport, but this may have since changed. The cars still carry Lansvale Smash Repairs decals on the rear quarters.
Yep, I think the team ownership is between Kevin Murphy, Ashby & Reed, and Ron Harrop?

Interesting times, I'm sure something big is happening but I don't know if Tasman is just going to shut. Seems to me they might move into a merger or move under the umbrella of another team and purchase the cars, while retaining their own component development. With rumours that Perkins wants to offload his licences, Kelly Racing has space to prepare two cars and this might be an option for Ashby, Reed and Harrop.

I get the feeling Kevin Murphy is splitting with his licence, as PCR are losing Bright's licence apparently.

Obviously Greg Murphy will be torn between staying with his Dad's licence or finding another team.

This silly season is building up, lots of movement and I'm sure some big surprises in store. I see Tasman, Bright, PCR and Tony D'Alberto making waves in some form or another.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 04:21 (Ref:2563071)   #58
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I got some ideas

1) Kevin Murphy is taking his licence (#51) to PCR, PCR are taking Bright & his licence's as well (#25 & #26).

2) D'Alberto needs a licence & a sponsor, Ashby & Reed have got a licence & a sponsor. So they merge together
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 04:31 (Ref:2563072)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime back on planet earth....

Unless something fundamental has changed, Mr Boult, Mr Matthias, Mr Murphy, Mr Harrop & Mr Miles are allegedly the shareholders of Tasman.

What happened to Mr Harrop's piece would be interesting to discover. There are a number of stories here, about his relationship to this squad, and the reasons behind the sale of the Harrop Engineering enterprise to AdRad....

Mr Ashby & Mr Reed sold out their franchise licence slots to that entity, on a payment plan, and it is said, are not a part of that legal entity. The Lansvale Smash Repairs branding allegedly appears courtesy of placement of the Taubmans sponsorship.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Oct 2009, 04:31 (Ref:2563073)   #60
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how would PCR run 4 cars?

not sure what Steve and Trevor will do but they don't own the #3 REC they have a share in the wholeoperation. if D'Alberto runs under that licence he would have bought it IMO.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 04:55 (Ref:2563076)   #61
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut7 View Post
Now I got some ideas

1) Kevin Murphy is taking his licence (#51) to PCR, PCR are taking Bright & his licence's as well (#25 & #26).

2) D'Alberto needs a licence & a sponsor, Ashby & Reed have got a licence & a sponsor. So they merge together
It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 05:51 (Ref:2563083)   #62
Kiwikid
Racer

Kiwikid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trevor and Steve have not been shareholders since 2005. Shareholders are Miles, Murphy, Mathias and Bolt. Harrop was a shareholder - but, was taken out in 2007.

According to AA Miles and Cruickshank are school boy mates - my source tells me they worked togther in the UK and are both from same SI town.

Above is from a close mate of Jason Richards. The next bit is purley my guess. The departure of Greech allows Cruickshank to step in as Team Manager. Ford thing is a hoax to get money from Holden.

Team either sells 1 licence and PCR give back Bright licence to be 2 cars - or operates as a 4 car team with Fabian, Murph Patrizi and Bargs.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2563142)   #63
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe we can have a whip around to keep Murph in a Holden? While we're at it let's get him an oz passport as well. This Ford loving Kiwi doesn't want him in a ford, or in NZ
Old 17 Oct 2009, 09:34 (Ref:2563149)   #64
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikid View Post
Trevor and Steve have not been shareholders since 2005. Shareholders are Miles, Murphy, Mathias and Bolt. Harrop was a shareholder - but, was taken out in 2007.

According to AA Miles and Cruickshank are school boy mates - my source tells me they worked togther in the UK and are both from same SI town.

Above is from a close mate of Jason Richards. The next bit is purley my guess. The departure of Greech allows Cruickshank to step in as Team Manager. Ford thing is a hoax to get money from Holden.

Team either sells 1 licence and PCR give back Bright licence to be 2 cars - or operates as a 4 car team with Fabian, Murph Patrizi and Bargs.
just a question so if the Ford thing is a hoax and they will be Holden then do you know whaich chassis they will use???
Old 17 Oct 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2563152)   #65
Kiwikid
Racer

Kiwikid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
just a question so if the Ford thing is a hoax and they will be Holden then do you know whaich chassis they will use???
Hey Pro. As I said - the 2nd part of my post is just a guess. I assume the 1st part is true (good source) - but the 2nd part is my guess - I do not have any secret info to back that up.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 09:50 (Ref:2563155)   #66
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
ok just aking, thanks for the info mate.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2563169)   #67
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So PCR going to Holden as well? Geeeeeeeeeeeez it's gonna look a bit one-sided at Abu Dhabi next year...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 17 Oct 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2563188)   #68
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
1 PCR car to Holden, 1 RNR car to Ford. we are at the same numbers we thought when 888 first announced the switch. still very one sided though.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2563189)   #69
HSVDT
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast
HSVDT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murphy to switch to Ford in 2011 to possibly form an all kiwi alliance with TKR,
Old 17 Oct 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2563213)   #70
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kiwi kid scrap bargs from your line up replace it with murph 2 holdens 2 fords cruicshank can manage one team someone else manages the other and they run under the WSR banner
Old 18 Oct 2009, 03:41 (Ref:2563488)   #71
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
So PCR going to Holden as well? Geeeeeeeeeeeez it's gonna look a bit one-sided at Abu Dhabi next year...
It already is, the 2010 v8 Commodre Series will be its new name
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 18 Oct 2009, 05:14 (Ref:2563506)   #72
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what's the deal with the Red Rooster everywhere around cameras when Skaife and Murphy were at Bathurst, and additional BJTM as well, was that a one race deal or is there some kind of future for that (Like the Wynns cars had K-Mart on them way back when) and is that associated with what is in hold for Tasman?
Old 18 Oct 2009, 06:20 (Ref:2563516)   #73
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
According to MNews Red Rooster was a one off, the Bob Jane is for the rest of the year. Bit of a kick in the teeth for the team's regular sponsors IMO to have a Johnny come lately having the prime racecam signage.

SGR certainly have the 'busiest' livery with the number of sponsors and colours on the car, certainly not a clean car like Jack Daniels where the smaller sponsors have to conform to the white and black.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2563533)   #74
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Teams usually sell specific parts for signage. So those in-car places would have been paid for by Red Rooster. If other sponsors wanted them, they should have paid faster
Old 18 Oct 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2563537)   #75
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was other signage in the pit garage and interior of the car that was totally Red Rooster, or Xbox 360, no Sprint Gas at all, if you didnt know better you would think they were the primary sponsor!

Not to mention that they had their fare share of TV cameras covering Skaife's return!