Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Sep 2014, 00:09 (Ref:3453046)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Mr Ambrose is returning to the series that made him famous next season, does anyone else think the crowd might be increased at the test day event...

Old 14 Sep 2014, 00:18 (Ref:3453048)   #52
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Betty is going to insult the people that are paying her a million dollars a year?

Betty is going to publicly insult the organisations that give her sponsors an opportunity to be seen in public?
I dont think anyone (SVG or Betty) is insulting anyone - asking questions of the decisions and showing disappointment shouldn't stamped out.

V8SC behaving like the Chinese Government by preventing drivers from being disappointed in the decision - asks some serious questions about their mentality & real reasons for scheduling the test day.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 00:19 (Ref:3453049)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BTSID. $10k fine. Sorted
Old 14 Sep 2014, 05:52 (Ref:3453111)   #54
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
I really hope a storm is a'brewin over this...
Old 14 Sep 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3453170)   #55
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
V8SA trying to mute drivers and teams is a storm in a tea cup DSG? We live in a democracy dont we?

If its true what V8SC say that this clash was out of its control and unavoidable - why are they going to such extreme lengths to stop people speaking up?

I can only think if this was AFL or NRL - many here would be singing a different tune?
Old 14 Sep 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3453194)   #56
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A company defending its business and being unhelpful, might I say even obstructionist, to a competitor. My god, call in the constitutional lawyers, democracy and the very fabric of society is under siege.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3453196)   #57
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A company defending its business and being unhelpful, might I say even obstructionist, to a competitor. My god, call in the constitutional lawyers, democracy and the very fabric of society is under siege.
NRL, AFL, Cricket etc etc... are the competitors to Motorsport, of which V8Supercars are just a part of.

V8Supercars should be working with motorsport as a whole, not infighting against eachother.

What looks sexier to a news outlet reporting for the 6pm News on a Sunday in early February? An international motor race at the mecha, Bathurst, featuring Australia's leading drivers would surely be something worth reporting on.

Is a test session and some new paint jobs at Eastern Creek going to get people's attention in the same way? And by the same token, a motor race at Bathurst with, in all due respect, no-names isn't going to get all that much attention to the general media either.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3453204)   #58
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
V8SA trying to mute drivers and teams is a storm in a tea cup DSG? We live in a democracy dont we?

If its true what V8SC say that this clash was out of its control and unavoidable - why are they going to such extreme lengths to stop people speaking up?

I can only think if this was AFL or NRL - many here would be singing a different tune?
AFL and NRL players done tweet negative things about the AFL and the NRL, if they do they get issued with please explains. and big fines.

The only evidence that V8SA have told SVG to remove his post is in your mind, there is zero other evidence to support your case. The most likely scenario is that it came from employer or his sponsor
Old 14 Sep 2014, 11:59 (Ref:3453207)   #59
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
NRL, AFL, Cricket etc etc... are the competitors to Motorsport, of which V8Supercars are just a part of.

V8Supercars should be working with motorsport as a whole, not infighting against eachother.

What looks sexier to a news outlet reporting for the 6pm News on a Sunday in early February? An international motor race at the mecha, Bathurst, featuring Australia's leading drivers would surely be something worth reporting on.

Is a test session and some new paint jobs at Eastern Creek going to get people's attention in the same way? And by the same token, a motor race at Bathurst with, in all due respect, no-names isn't going to get all that much attention to the general media either.
the test session will get just as much and probably more media attention than the 12 hour. it is likely that the crowd will be bigger also
Old 14 Sep 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3453208)   #60
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Is there anyway we can separate the discussion on the date clash (that we had back in June and there are no new arguments) from discussion on the calendar? Seems to warrant its on thread
Old 14 Sep 2014, 12:28 (Ref:3453218)   #61
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
the test session will get just as much and probably more media attention than the 12 hour. it is likely that the crowd will be bigger also
Your scenario there has absolutly nothing to do with what i was talking about. But thank you for your input as ever. I'll leave it i think
Old 14 Sep 2014, 16:00 (Ref:3453274)   #62
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
Quote:

Lemonade, Ginger Beer and Passiona the competitors. Coke and Pepsi should be working together for cola as a whole, not infighting.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 23:40 (Ref:3453355)   #63
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
I was speaking more of the silencing of the drivers as an area of concern?

On your description above, you are acknowledging that Bathurst 12 Hour is a strong competitor of V8SA? Are V8SA now manufacturing a new internal competitor when as others are saying - they should be focusing on Cricket, NRL, AFL, A League, Rugby Union etc
Old 15 Sep 2014, 01:28 (Ref:3453402)   #64
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
Quote:

On your description above, you are acknowledging that Bathurst 12 Hour is a strong competitor of V8SA? Are V8SA now manufacturing a new internal competitor when as others are saying - they should be focusing on Cricket, NRL, AFL, A League, Rugby Union etc
Yes, V8SA are silencing drivers just as AFL, NRL, CA and other sports silence their players on social media. It's business protecting the brand from criticism. Nothing new and happens everywhere. Move along.

The Bathurst 12 Hour is a competitor to V8SA. Strong? Probably not yet but why provide headline stars to any competition, bearing in mind that V8SA is the series that made these drivers "stars" in the first place.

Seems like V8SA wanted a kickback for making the drivers available but the B12h people weren’t interested. Again why would a business give the competition a freebee? Last time I looked V8SC, just like Yeehah Events Pty Ltd weren’t set up as charities.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 04:26 (Ref:3453436)   #65
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

D.R.T - I'm curious - why do you think it's V8SA that asked for the van gis tweet to be removed? You seem to be very definite about it & I'm keen to know why.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 04:30 (Ref:3453437)   #66
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, V8SA are silencing drivers just as AFL, NRL, CA and other sports silence their players on social media. It's business protecting the brand from criticism. Nothing new and happens everywhere. Move along.
I think there was an article only 2 or 3 weeks ago discussing V8SA saying that it wanted drivers and teams more active on social media to help promote the category.

The comments from SVG were hardly disparaging or critical of V8SA either - clearly just saying that he was disappointed that he couldnt race at the Bathurst 12 Hour.

Quote:
The Bathurst 12 Hour is a competitor to V8SA. Strong? Probably not yet but why provide headline stars to any competition, bearing in mind that V8SA is the series that made these drivers "stars" in the first place.
If it wasnt a strong competitor - why would they go to such lengths to basically now create a situation where there is such bad will towards V8SC?

Especially in the climate where the new tv broadcast deal has been poorly accepted?

Quote:
Seems like V8SA wanted a kickback for making the drivers available but the B12h people weren’t interested. Again why would a business give the competition a freebee? Last time I looked V8SC, just like Yeehah Events Pty Ltd weren’t set up as charities.
Kickback - it was more of a takeover wasn't it?

Definitely not charities - but the active attempt to prevent the development of motorsport in Australia is disappointing from my view.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 04:32 (Ref:3453438)   #67
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
D.R.T - I'm curious - why do you think it's V8SA that asked for the van gis tweet to be removed? You seem to be very definite about it & I'm keen to know why.
There was Alex Davison's tweet which doesnt leave much to the imagination and the added chat from many who were in pitlane on Friday morning all point in one direction.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 04:38 (Ref:3453439)   #68
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
OK -so a tweet from A Davo that's included in this thread & which is totally non-specific plus some pit lane rumours? Riiiiiight - not remotely definite. I'm not a fan of muzzling drivers in most cases but blaming V8SA in this case is simply a shot in the dark. Might be right but just as likely not.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 04:43 (Ref:3453441)   #69
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
OK -so a tweet from A Davo that's included in this thread & which is totally non-specific plus some pit lane rumours? Riiiiiight - not remotely definite. I'm not a fan of muzzling drivers in most cases but blaming V8SA in this case is simply a shot in the dark. Might be right but just as likely not.
Everyone has there own opinion, but I would suggest in the balance of probabilities - one is whole lot more likely than the other.

Who else would have asked him to remove it. Teckno, VIP or his mum?
Old 15 Sep 2014, 05:00 (Ref:3453444)   #70
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Everyone has there own opinion, but I would suggest in the balance of probabilities - one is whole lot more likely than the other.

Just to be clear under what law or rule can V8SA force someone to remove a tweet?

I would suggest in the Balance of probabilities that it was either Teckno, or VIP that asked him to remove it

They are the one that would have rules and laws on their side
Old 15 Sep 2014, 05:02 (Ref:3453445)   #71
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:

Yep, everyone has their own opinion - to me Teckno is more likely but I'm not going to slag them off based my opinion, innuendo, conjecture or rumour.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 05:41 (Ref:3453457)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Yep, everyone has their own opinion - to me Teckno is more likely but I'm not going to slag them off based my opinion, innuendo, conjecture or rumour.
Has Mr Quinn managed to get his GT series on the V8SC bill as yet?
Old 15 Sep 2014, 05:45 (Ref:3453458)   #73
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Has Mr Quinn managed to get his GT series on the V8SC bill as yet?
4 of 6 rounds are on the bill next year. up from this year. the other two are special marquee events that would not suit a v8SC round

2015 Calendar

Proposed 2015 Australian GT Championship presented by Pirelli calendar*
Rnd#1 – Clipsal 500, Adelaide, South Australia**
Rnd#2 – Phillip Island (enduro), Victoria
Rnd#3 – Townsville, Queensland**
Rnd#4 – Sydney Motorsport Park, NSW**
Rnd#5 – Sandown, Melbourne, Victoria**
Rnd#6 – Highlands Motorsport Park, NZ
* dates to be confirmed by V8 Supercars
** V8 Supercar events
Old 15 Sep 2014, 07:02 (Ref:3453474)   #74
one five five
Veteran

Quote:

So what we are saying now is that drivers who race in the V8Supercar Championship are defined as V8Supercar drivers now, not racing drivers?

How is a one-off event held each year a competitor to a series that competes all year?
Old 16 Sep 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3453819)   #75
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
So what we are saying now is that drivers who race in the V8Supercar Championship are defined as V8Supercar drivers now, not racing drivers?
The other part that interests me - is the seamless move from this being a Foxsports vs Channel 10 driven agenda to now it being V8SA protecting their drivers from direct competitors?