Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 14 Oct 2003, 14:06 (Ref:750898)   #51
filmig
Rookie

filmig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Comment for Peter Mallett

Mallett suggested that JV is a washed out and nobody misses the 27 number of GV maybe you´re right!? But here is one for you... who do you miss? Appart from Ayrton Senna who´s on the same level of Gilles and oftenly quoted him?!

Keke Roseberg - Who won the championship with a single victory (the way Raikkonen Ice/dirt Man wished) in the year when to of the most promissing drivers ended GV DP

Niki Lauda - The guy who doesn't speaks to the man who pulled him of the flames (did he ever won a Poleposition)

Alain Prost? - The 24hrs Le Mans driver

Damon Hill? - The guy who spined in a straight line

Mika Hakkinen - The crybayby and the eastwick witch

Money makes the world go arround but no one will spend it if there's no show or crazyness!!! Do you get it!?!?!

If you need a drawing say so...!

:confused:
Old 14 Oct 2003, 14:18 (Ref:750906)   #52
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We get plenty more "crazyness" and "Show" from Montoya alone thanks.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 14:27 (Ref:750912)   #53
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sheese filmig, this is getting ridiculos.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 14:30 (Ref:750915)   #54
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's gotta be Craig hasn't he?!
Old 14 Oct 2003, 14:36 (Ref:750921)   #55
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmm - I'm not sure this topic has much further to run.....
Old 14 Oct 2003, 14:38 (Ref:750924)   #56
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alright.

In the real world, there's no chance for this happening. Ferrari never spoke about hiring or having Jacques linked to the team. What happened to his father alongside Ferrari, belongs to history now, and I don't think there are people still working at Ferrari from that time.

Discussion ended.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 14:38 (Ref:750927)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Filmig.

We started off talking about the possible marketing opportunities open to Ferrari if they were to employ somebody with the name of Villeneauve. All I did was help you to open the debate and yes I expressed the opinion that JV is washed up. (Harsh but an honest opinion). Then you decided to reply with a rant involving past racers who are in no postion nor are they looking to (where possible) drive for Ferrari.

To clarify. My postion is that your theory doesn't stack up because it relies on the memory of something that finished over twenty years ago and the thirty somethings that form the marketing man's aims in this life (i.e. those with loads of dosh and little responsibility) do not remember these things.

If you are really just looking for a means of comparing JV (that's not Verstappen the F1 driver with those initials by the way) with anybody you can think of then rubbishing those memories then I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place.

Obligado.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 14:45 (Ref:750939)   #58
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Wow, how did I miss this thread?! Guess I was lucky
Old 14 Oct 2003, 14:49 (Ref:750943)   #59
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually Filmig's theory isn't too far away from what Lotus did in '69. They produced Elans in the Guards World Championship colours. And of Course Jochen Rindt was the first and thankfully only, postumous World Champion.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 14:53 (Ref:750950)   #60
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
If you are really just looking for a means of comparing JV (that's not Verstappen the F1 driver with those initials by the way)
Would it be simpler if we referred to Jacques as: JV-ntF1d? (Jacques Villeneuve - not the F1 driver).

BTW: Keke Rosberg was every bit as flamoyant and exciting a driver as ever graced the grid - he might have only pipped the championship whe his time came but that is no more reflection on his talent as the fact that Villeneuve senior never got the WDC at all is.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 15:02 (Ref:750958)   #61
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Would it be simpler if we referred to Jacques as: JV-ntF1d? (Jacques Villeneuve - not the F1 driver).
No because its difficult to type JV=n-tF!d. See what I mean?

And Keke? Top bloke!
Old 14 Oct 2003, 15:17 (Ref:750964)   #62
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
How about JVXF1?
Old 14 Oct 2003, 15:23 (Ref:750971)   #63
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
How about JVXF1?
You got it!

I've just realised that we missed the chance of having "Jacques off" as a thread title when the time was right!

All a bit unfair - I honestly do want him in F1. Funny though.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 15:23 (Ref:750972)   #64
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
How about making Tim happy and moving this thread in Historical forum? :whistles innocently:
Old 14 Oct 2003, 15:29 (Ref:750977)   #65
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm going to attempt to get on topic here !

Filmig - maybe you'd like to start a topic on the significance of the No 27 GV Ferrari and merits of past champions in the historic forum, so people can add their views there.

http://tentenths.com/forum/forumdisp...&referrerid=18

On the current likelihood of seeing Jacques in a Ferrari, I think his most likely (if any) ports of call will be with former employers. Williams still have a soft spot for him, both Patrick Head and Sir Frank Williams have been vocal in the press with their support for him. This doesn't mean they will sign him, but shows they haven't written him off either.

I'm sure Renault still consider him as 'their champion' and Flav has made some positive comments in the press as well.

Not that it is likely to happen, but JV in a Ferrari would heap massive pressure on him anyway, due to the inevitable comparison.

Last edited by Super Tourer; 14 Oct 2003 at 15:31.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 15:31 (Ref:750979)   #66
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Red - just suggested the filmig may like to start one over there. If we don't get anymore interest on this topic here, I can move elements of it over to the historic forum if anyone is interested.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 15:31 (Ref:750980)   #67
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
I've just realised that we missed the chance of having "Jacques off" as a thread title when the time was right!
Someone asked which JV I was refering to in a conversation the other day, and I responded "the washed up hack".

They still did'nt know which one I was talking about.

What was the topic here again? Ah Yes, The V name and Ferrari. Romantic yes, but not only does Gilles deserver the seat more, his chances are better of getting it IMO.

JV certainly (and almost regetably) does not fit the F1 image of today, regardless of his incedible and/or missing pace.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 15:36 (Ref:750989)   #68
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Sorry ST, I made a joke, and I admit, perhaps not the best joke seen in F1 forum.

PS: But he is history.. D'oh, I did it again, sorry, couldn't resist!

Last edited by Red; 14 Oct 2003 at 15:37.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 15:40 (Ref:750994)   #69
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Red- we've heard that one before !
Old 14 Oct 2003, 17:37 (Ref:751158)   #70
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah Red... so easy to laugh jokes when they don't refer to Michael, isn't it...?
Old 14 Oct 2003, 17:51 (Ref:751174)   #71
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Crikey...
Old 14 Oct 2003, 18:05 (Ref:751184)   #72
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
I think we've exhausted this topic.....

Closed.