Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Sep 2004, 13:33 (Ref:1108306)   #51
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by raul_iulian
Anyway, who really likes RS!!???
This does sound like GOOD news!
If AD get's a drive, that will be more than great!!!! maybe AD is made of something new for F1!!! who knows!!!!
Likes?????? so now the teams should have popularity polls with the fans and see who they 'like' the most and give them the drives....

and the galling thing is that according to what Theissen said RS hasnt done anything wrong this weekend... he was miles quicker than JPM ...
this is just plain bashing!!!!
Old 27 Sep 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1108340)   #52
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now thats an idea for a thread - the Eddie Irvine comeback !

By the way what's wrong with bashing Ralf ?
Old 27 Sep 2004, 14:45 (Ref:1108371)   #53
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
Likes?????? so now the teams should have popularity polls with the fans and see who they 'like' the most and give them the drives....
Is it just possible that if fans "like" a driver then they will be loyal fans who might make the sponsors' investment more worthwhile...?

So, yeah, sack all the unpopular and personality-less ones. And bring back Johnny Herbert.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 14:46 (Ref:1108372)   #54
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This forum surely does not exist for the "bashing" of any driver, I'd have thought.

Constructive criticism is more interesting than bashing.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1108377)   #55
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No....bashing is much more fun

More seriously.This is pretty much a beat up.I'm surprised a supposedly half decent site like grandprix.com is speculating on what a few grumpy team members are mumbling
Old 27 Sep 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1108394)   #56
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
Full circle - I agree about grandprix.com and one of the reasons I started this thread is they were the first to suggest Trulli had been sacked
Old 27 Sep 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1108395)   #57
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i dont mind bashing from time to time.... bashing without reason is just well..... umm dunno how to put it.... cant find the right words...... not good..
Old 27 Sep 2004, 15:38 (Ref:1108418)   #58
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bashing is not good. Period. Of course that doesn't stop anyone criticising a driver. Yes, I know there's a subtle difference that not everyone has fully grasped, but please try your best.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 16:41 (Ref:1108489)   #59
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ralf won't be sacked.......he did very little wrong at Shanghai.

However, I do think he should have been sacked at the end of last year.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 16:47 (Ref:1108495)   #60
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's only back for the final 2 races and he's leaving for Toyota and there isn't really anyone good enough to take his place for the 2 remaning races exept Trulli but that would be a waste of time.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 18:01 (Ref:1108600)   #61
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering the poor timing of Ralf's difficulties, the resulting confusion in the pits is somewhat understandable, but it is not the first time recently that it has been a bit of a gong show in the Williams pit. Sam Michael hasn't had a good season at all since taking the helm from the Head. He's likely looking forward to Webby and le Bouton, and some fresh air.

Are Frank and Patrick angry enough to sacrifice points in the constructors race with McLaren, and the possibility of millions of dollars that go with it, when they're going to lose him in 2 more races? Only if they like Pizzonia that much. I hope they do it anyway.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 20:26 (Ref:1108796)   #62
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With better luck Ralf would've finished 5ht, ahead of Montoya, and he did a good job all wekeend, so why would they sack him? It's unfortuante that grandprix.com didn't check the facts regarding his retirement from the race, and didn't try to empathise with a driver getting over a life-threatening injury, who can be excused for not wanting to drive around for nothing in a car that may not be 100% right.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 20:45 (Ref:1108816)   #63
acf8181
Racer

acf8181 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one of the golden rules about motorracing is that YOU NEVER EVER GIVE UP. you don't know what can happen, what if cars had suddenly started blowing up and crashing...drivers have been in the points despite being two laps down before (albeit not recently). i suspect he would only have lost a lap though, the team had to wait for monty to pit then would have worked on ralf's car.

i don't think the accident would be playing in his mind, if it was he shoudl walk away from F1 right now. i've had a mechanical failure in a race car (ffirst suspension failure at woodcote corner at silverstone), yes admittadly i didn't get to the wall but it wasn't fun. however, when i went back out in a fixed car it didn't even cross my mind...thats the way it should be.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 20:53 (Ref:1108831)   #64
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Hope team Toyota hire a decent psychiatrist next year...LOL.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 00:01 (Ref:1108963)   #65
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Ralf was quoted as saying during practice that the thought of an accident/danger etc wasn't a factor for him so it shouldn't be considered a factor in his withdrawal on Sunday.
That means the withdrawal was due to mechanical or motivational factors and it wasn't the latter according to Thiessen so that leaves only one possibility...
Old 28 Sep 2004, 00:09 (Ref:1108966)   #66
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
According to Pitpass' (and Williams sources) Ralf will race in Japan.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 13:35 (Ref:1109344)   #67
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
Thats only because Pizzonia has hurt his ankle apparently and can't drive !

Last edited by josvandeperre; 28 Sep 2004 at 13:35.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 13:43 (Ref:1109353)   #68
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, it's because Ralf is the contracted race driver.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1109364)   #69
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by martyn bott
Hope team Toyota hire a decent psychiatrist next year...LOL.
Best comment so far on this thread.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 15:24 (Ref:1110474)   #70
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams stick by Ralf
Old 29 Sep 2004, 15:46 (Ref:1110494)   #71
Kicking-back
Veteran

No surprise, that.

This was always the usual storm in a tea-cup.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 16:04 (Ref:1110501)   #72
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
Thats only because Pizzonia has hurt his ankle apparently and can't drive !

its because RS should pace in shanghai!!