Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Mar 2015, 13:00 (Ref:3511137)   #7951
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hope is just a test configuration... those bugatti veyron style headlights are disgusting
Old 3 Mar 2015, 14:32 (Ref:3511181)   #7952
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
Also anybody notice the little winglets above the windscreen..
Is that a limp pitot on the nose or is it tubing headed to underneath the cover?
Old 3 Mar 2015, 16:53 (Ref:3511231)   #7953
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Why are they running #1? Could this be an updated 2014 car? The headlight cluster is crude, you can tell its not 'finished'; that may tie in to my thought of a 'hybrid' '14/15 car. At the rear fenders, they have holes on the top and the inside, look here

The rear deck has a new shape also.
I think the holes on in the inside of the rear fenders is sponsorshop from Akrapovic who had a logo there last year. But due to the angle you can't read the words. Now that we had seen all 4 major manufacturers cars, we just to need to find out what MJ category that they will all be racing in! However looking at the pictures of the front of the Audi, then if that is for extra cooling then a step up in hybrid class would seem to make sense
Old 3 Mar 2015, 17:34 (Ref:3511240)   #7954
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Woah...

LOL...Jalopnik.com just posted this screen cap
http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/new...mp1-1689171679
Old 3 Mar 2015, 21:55 (Ref:3511353)   #7955
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
It's not that radical really. 2014 car was already cutting away that part of the fender, this is just drawing attention because they cut away enough to have to change the headlights and put a painted turning vane (which may just be a legality panel) out there.

Probably trying to maximize the front wing area.

Looks like the brake ducts are in the leading edge of the top panel like the original testing version of the 919 and the ARX-04 now though.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 22:01 (Ref:3511358)   #7956
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
I think the holes on in the inside of the rear fenders is sponsorshop from Akrapovic who had a logo there last year. But due to the angle you can't read the words. Now that we had seen all 4 major manufacturers cars, we just to need to find out what MJ category that they will all be racing in! However looking at the pictures of the front of the Audi, then if that is for extra cooling then a step up in hybrid class would seem to make sense
Yeah, youre right! Thats a sponsorship logo. Just had a look on the TV youtube app, its clearer when its bigger.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 22:55 (Ref:3511379)   #7957
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
The car sounds quite different. I wonder if they have changes the displacement of the engine, or have a different turbo/exhaust configuration (ERS-H?). Also gotta applaud the effort, the front of the car is completely different, very aggressive.
Its plausibly a petrol motor.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 3 Mar 2015, 23:13 (Ref:3511386)   #7958
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
To me, it doesn't sound much different than the R10, which was a diesel. There's been reports that Audi diesel LMP1 cars have sounded different depending on exhaust exit location: R15 sounded different with its periscope exhaust, the R18 sounded different with it's rear exit exhaust, 2013 R18 sounded different with it's EBD DRS exhaust, '14 R18 sounded different with it's fin mounted exhaust.

And now it's pretty apparent that Audi are running a Toyota or LM'14 inspired periscope exhaust.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 23:43 (Ref:3511402)   #7959
msd76
Rookie

msd76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the exhaust is the same set up as they had on the long tails at Le Mans last year.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 23:45 (Ref:3511403)   #7960
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here's more video from today, taken from around the perimeter of the track so you can hear the acceleration better. It was windy there today as it often is, so you'll hear a lot of that also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8ELPDSi-mk
Old 4 Mar 2015, 00:01 (Ref:3511411)   #7961
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Here's more video from today, taken from around the perimeter of the track so you can hear the acceleration better. It was windy there today as it often is, so you'll hear a lot of that also.

Many thanks again !
Old 4 Mar 2015, 00:08 (Ref:3511412)   #7962
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
Quote:

Hey Lanky you might want to have a word with the boys over at jalopnik. They are using your original vid without giving credit where credit is due. At a minimum they owe you that. I'm not registered there or I would.

PS. It looks like your up in my neck of the woods. I'm in Altamonte Springs. Be on the lookout for my silver Stage 3 2001.5 B5 S4! We should grab a beer some time
Old 4 Mar 2015, 00:14 (Ref:3511413)   #7963
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Thanks Lanky Turtle.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 01:03 (Ref:3511426)   #7964
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd have thanked some fast safe car on YouTube but they tried to make me create a channel. So, screw it---the spindly amphibian gets no thanks.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 01:24 (Ref:3511431)   #7965
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969MGCGTdriver View Post
Hey Lanky you might want to have a word with the boys over at jalopnik. They are using your original vid without giving credit where credit is due. At a minimum they owe you that. I'm not registered there or I would.

PS. It looks like your up in my neck of the woods. I'm in Altamonte Springs. Be on the lookout for my silver Stage 3 2001.5 B5 S4! We should grab a beer some time
Old 4 Mar 2015, 02:37 (Ref:3511453)   #7966
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UGLYEST..AUDI..EVER..!!
Old 4 Mar 2015, 02:42 (Ref:3511454)   #7967
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

The Audis seem to have that low-end grunt and powerful torque sound to them even when they are at high speed.

Great video of the two Audis together in front of Chateau Panoz - Sebring.

Thanks!
Old 4 Mar 2015, 02:58 (Ref:3511457)   #7968
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
The Audis seem to have that low-end grunt and powerful torque sound to them even when they are at high speed.

Great video of the two Audis together in front of Chateau Panoz - Sebring.

Thanks!
The second car is ESM's HPD
Old 4 Mar 2015, 09:56 (Ref:3511576)   #7969
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The lip on the front diffuser looks to curl up at an incredible angle, meaning to push even more air under the car in between the front wheels.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 13:44 (Ref:3511641)   #7970
Jetinder
Rookie

Jetinder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was looking at the Joest site and found this about the 2014 car:

http://www.joest-racing.de/en/index....e-tron-quattro

In addition to the internal combustion engine, the powertrain concept, for the first time, features the integration of two hybrid systems. As in the past, a Motor-Generator-Unit (MGU), during braking events, recovers kinetic energy at the front axle, which flows into a flywheel energy storage system. For the first time, the turbocharger of the internal combustion engine is linked to an electrical machine, which makes it possible to convert the thermal energy of the exhaust gas flow into electric energy – for instance when the boost pressure limit has been reached. This energy also flows into the flywheel energy storage system. When the car accelerates, the stored energy can either flow back to the MGU at the front axle or to the innovative electric turbocharger, depending on the operating strategy.

Last years car didn't use exhaust gas flow energy recovery did it ? I thought that was the 2nd hybrid system they abandoned. It also states they were already using an electric turbocharger.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 13:51 (Ref:3511643)   #7971
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
500+ HP...Other than the AWE exhaust, 18" BBS look-a-likes and lowered Stasis tracksport suspension she looks bone stock. The ultimate sleeper

Sorry for the OT.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 14:22 (Ref:3511661)   #7972
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

http://themotorsportdiaries.com/2015...-sebring-test/
Old 4 Mar 2015, 14:51 (Ref:3511669)   #7973
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the thanks guys! One word about the sound of the Audis, they always sound louder on track by themselves but once they're out there next to some loud pipes they get completely drowned out and all you hear are some whooshes. The HPD ARX-04b was noticeably louder and that car is not really very loud itself. The Audi didn't sound any different to me than last years car, but then again I think I'm partially deaf thanks to some late 80's Mazda GTP cars at Daytona (and possibly from seeing Motorhead and the Ramones a few times standing in the front row).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969MGCGTdriver View Post

I don't really mind other sites using the videos. I think it's kind of neat to see them. I remember recording the Porsche RS Spyder debut test at Sebring and then watching it over and over at home. It never occurred to me at the time to get it out there for other people to see it.

I frequent the WoB in Altamonte sometimes so that would be a good place. Although I think my car is the opposite of yours, a 1979 Volvo with about 103HP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I'd have thanked some fast safe car on YouTube but they tried to make me create a channel. So, screw it---the spindly amphibian gets no thanks.
Haha, that's ok, I think they do it like that to try to cut down on the filthy comments some videos get. Almsfans may be gone but palindromes live on.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 15:03 (Ref:3511673)   #7974
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
The bodywork in front of the rear wheel looks like it melted.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3511691)   #7975
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The more and more I look, the more I think the reason for the holes in the front fender is actually to feed more air than typically possible to the front wing buried under there.