Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Nov 2010, 07:54 (Ref:2795517)   #76
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Slower, especially with an old fart like me at the helm.

Looking at fastest lap of JRs B8 at 3hrs this year, my fastest a few weeks before was around 6 secs slower. Slicks can't compensate for weight, saloon aerodynamics and lack of talent!
that makes you about 1.20 which should ensure you romp it! If you go onto the HSCC website and look at the Snet 3 Hour race front running BMW engined Crossle's and Elva's were doing 1.21's and a well driven 26R was doing 1.24 so I would say slicks play quite a large part!
Old 25 Nov 2010, 08:39 (Ref:2795524)   #77
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But the B8 etc. is in the race Simon.
And Mr Vettel himself could not make up 6 secs per lap.

I would imagine one of the main problems of running that car in the race is tyres.

Justifying the cost of buying tyres that have the same dimensions as the slicks...

I think in the interests of 360MRC the car should be allowed to run on slicks. But only because it ran in the inaugural race.
Unless of course, I put an entry in and he punts me off, then he shouldn't be there on slicks
I hope that one doesn't bite me.

After all, its not like a one make class where every detail has to be scrutinised.

My tuppence worth
Old 25 Nov 2010, 08:47 (Ref:2795530)   #78
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
as a casual observer I think if you say no slicks you should stick o it - as soon as you make exceptions you have to let others in....
Old 25 Nov 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2795540)   #79
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
as a casual observer I think if you say no slicks you should stick o it - as soon as you make exceptions you have to let others in....
Just in case there is any confusion anywhere we are talking about the 30 min sprint, not main event!

I will accept whatever is decided by organisers!
Old 25 Nov 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2795555)   #80
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just in case there is any confusion anywhere we are talking about the 30 min sprint, not main event!

I will accept whatever is decided by organisers!

Yes we are talking about the sprint.

I think SAMD put it nicely, Mr Bell was in at the start so he would hold great favour with 360, but thats a discussion for Mr Bell and 360 to have....not on this thread lol

Mike Bell leads me into another news item because I met someone last night Mike who said "I cant wait to tell Mike Bell I've shaken Claire Smiths' hand"...strange man!...but, he was at the FORC meeting and I just want to say a massive THANK YOU to all at FORC last night.

It was great to meet so many of you, too many to mention by name I suppose but i have to say Mr Sears you are indeed a Gentleman, Chris Craft was a heckler in the audience with a difference....he was actually a pleasure and he and Dave Brodie (who was also there) will try to attend the 360 along with Jack Sears if he is available and indeed quite a few at FORC, who will be bringing their wonderful cars for a display that will really make 360 a pleasure for the spectator as well as the competitor.

On behalf of John and I thanks to Bee Bee for rescuing me with a warm coffee, but special thanks to Steve and Norman (its all Normans fault!) and Graham and all at FORC for inviting us along and for showing your support for THE 360
Old 25 Nov 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2795561)   #81
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's FORC?
Old 25 Nov 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2795564)   #82
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
What's FORC?
The Fressingfield Oily Rag Club. One of the nicest motor clubs I've ever come across. Wednesday night - deepest darkest Norfolk/Suffolk border......over 200 people there and their guest list is like a who's who of motor racing.
It was an experience!
Old 25 Nov 2010, 11:11 (Ref:2795582)   #83
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was in the audience of FORC last night.

Guest speaker - Mike Costin (Cos of Cosworth)
Previous Speaker - Tony Jardine

To 360MC please add news@racingexposure.com to your mailing list.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2795585)   #84
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
The Fressingfield Oily Rag Club. One of the nicest motor clubs I've ever come across. Wednesday night - deepest darkest Norfolk/Suffolk border......over 200 people there and their guest list is like a who's who of motor racing.
It was an experience!
Spot on John!
Old 25 Nov 2010, 11:18 (Ref:2795587)   #85
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post

To 360MC please add news@racingexposure.com to your mailing list.
DONE!
Old 25 Nov 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2795595)   #86
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
No slicks in either of races and if the sprint grid has an imbalance because of B8 I will withdraw it.The idea first of all was to fill grid then do balance and other stuff.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2795597)   #87
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
No slicks in either of races and if the sprint grid has an imbalance because of B8 I will withdraw it.The idea first of all was to fill grid then do balance and other stuff.
Totally agree John.....let's not get too hung up about the sprint race regs etc......let's just keep it sensible to attract the maximum competitive grid.
We won't please everyone but if you withdraw, after setting the hare running John, we'll send the boys round!
Old 25 Nov 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2795600)   #88
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Only withdraw B8 if you have full grid and its better for others.

We still have Michael Birch's Elva 160 GT.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2795611)   #89
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Only withdraw B8 if you have full grid and its better for others.

We still have Michael Birch's Elva 160 GT.
No withdrawal please....no need...first come first served basis...you're in

Ta
C
Old 25 Nov 2010, 12:39 (Ref:2795615)   #90
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
So is there a cut off date for this, I have lost the plot along the way? I can do any stickers for reasonable prices but unfortunately no freebies as times is tough in this game now.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2795682)   #91
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
So is there a cut off date for this, I have lost the plot along the way? I can do any stickers for reasonable prices but unfortunately no freebies as times is tough in this game now.
The cut off date is when we reach the circuit licence limit. We're not sure what the will be and it won't be inspected until it's built but we're guessing at the current level plus 'a little bit' - say about 40.
Don't leave it too long Al - we want you there!
Old 25 Nov 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2795683)   #92
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
The cut off date is when we reach the circuit licence limit. We're not sure what the will be and it won't be inspected until it's built but we're guessing at the current level plus 'a little bit' - say about 40.
Don't leave it too long Al - we want you there!
Unless Al is referring to how young the cars can be John????

AL, Ask Graham our Wedding Breakfast Planner
Old 25 Nov 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2795685)   #93
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes thats what I mean, how old do they have to be? or young of course)
Old 25 Nov 2010, 18:30 (Ref:2795730)   #94
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
No slicks in either of races
That's sorted then.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 00:28 (Ref:2795877)   #95
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Ok John T or Peter can we re name this thread to the "360 Wedding Breakfast Sprint" please?
Old 26 Nov 2010, 06:41 (Ref:2795911)   #96
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Done.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 08:03 (Ref:2795926)   #97
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
So still need to know when cut off date is, do I bring my 2nd gen or 3rd gen Chevy, both will be ready.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 09:13 (Ref:2795952)   #98
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just enter one of them Al, it doesn't matter which.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 09:32 (Ref:2795961)   #99
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just enter one of them Al, it doesn't matter which.
Too true...in fact

If they are both ready....bring them both!!!!

If you look at the theme of the main race Al, there is no beginning age cut off and it runs to the end of 1989 so I think we can keep it like that for now.

It is a tricky question because we are saying we will allow replicas, so techically someone could build a car this year and it would be allowed!!...but, being realistic, we would like a grid of interesting, historic (looking if its a replica) cars.

As I stated before, we have handed the wedding breakfast sprint over to our tame 917 racing driver......some say that he will pick the cars for this grid by hand and that if it was up to him....the world would be light blue and orange....we just know him as "our Graham" (I feel like Cilla)

I think that its filling fast judging by the amount of traffic through the site
so you better get in quick Al
Old 26 Nov 2010, 09:38 (Ref:2795963)   #100
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Hope you've got that missfire sorted now Graham,it'll be good to see the car out there again.
Terence,

Yes, all sorted now. It is a pity that it,s not eligible for the 6 hours as i could have done with a second driver with strong nerves and insanity running in the family!

Graham.