1 33 16.84%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 15 Mar 2010, 09:02 (Ref:2652444)   #76
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
6. Not as bad as some people are making it out, but not brilliant either.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2652460)   #77
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
mickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disregarding rule changes and silly attempts to spice up the show:

Abu Dhabi race was a massive anti climax to an otherwise good year. Bahrain race was a massive anti climax to a very exciting build up to the season.

These 2 venues lack passion, character and atmosphere. It is difficult to feel part of the spectacle when there is no one there who cares.

These venues do not belong at the start and end of a season as they simply kill any excitement or thrill stone dead.

Australia and Brasil should open and close the year. Sandwich these non races in the middle lumped with valencia and Barcelona. We can get all the tedious races out of the way in summer!
Old 15 Mar 2010, 09:50 (Ref:2652469)   #78
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The field didn't get spread out fast enough for you? (Said by someone who has been to six times as many LM24 as GP).

Seriously though, switching? Are you contemplating this? Why?
Not at all, merely contemplating adding F1 back into the mix. But I have seen nothing to make me reconsider my decision from 20 years back. Too much aero, not enough power... Gilles was right!
Old 15 Mar 2010, 09:52 (Ref:2652470)   #79
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
How can ANYONE rate that procession above a 3? Spending under 2 hours comparing aero tweaks is a definite game for the anally retentive.
My sole interest was in Lotus making the finish. If they hadn't, I would be looking at a 1...
Old 15 Mar 2010, 11:10 (Ref:2652521)   #80
neiltb
Racer

Scotland
toronto
neiltb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there was a race on?

Old 15 Mar 2010, 11:26 (Ref:2652536)   #81
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I'll go and get myself committed as I must be nuts waiting 4 months for that!!!

A "2" and I the only reason it wasn't a "1" (as I couldn't vote a zero) was because some of the new teams were ragged and on the edge and "racing" and, whats that word... ah yes! "overtaking", at the back of the field.

God help us, I think they need to rub F1 out and start again.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2652578)   #82
Daimlerman
Racer

England
West Sussex - England
Daimlerman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nearly went to sleep!!!

Only gave it a 3 as I was interested to see what was wrong with Vettal's car.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 12:32 (Ref:2652581)   #83
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2/10

Dull dull dull.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2652596)   #84
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just watched the race after spending the weekend marshalling at Snetterton (and seeing some real racing!). Fell asleep after 10 laps, watched the last 10 on fast forward waiting for something to happen. It didn't. Such an anti climax-really hope it picks up. Given it a 3 and that's pushing it.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2652600)   #85
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Not at all, merely contemplating adding F1 back into the mix. But I have seen nothing to make me reconsider my decision from 20 years back. Too much aero, not enough power... Gilles was right!
Yes, agreed. I'd rather watch endurance racing any day, I only watch F1 as it is the dominant form of motor racing on TV. F1 needs a serious rethink in my opinion, surely it must be possible to make these cars aerodynamically easier to overtake? I am no aerodynamics expert, but I feel that if all these little appendages were outlawed (front wings for instance, have many elements), the resulting airflow would be a lot cleaner, therefore making it easier for a following car to overtake.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 13:10 (Ref:2652622)   #86
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I saw the start and was glad that all the field got round the first corner without too much drama. After about 6 laps I actually did go to sleep and only saw the last few laps because my other half woke me up ! I gave it a 2 but I suppose I shouldn't have given it anything. Its a great shame because it is the pinnacle of motorsport with all the razmataz, but it just doesn't work, especially on the TV where long lenses slow it down.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Mar 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2652630)   #87
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been watching F1 for nearly 30 years now and that was dreadful. Completely the wrong track to start the season at. Have to question why it's even on the calender, as it's a poor track and there was hardly anybody there, oh yeah I forgot their paying Bernie more money than anybody else. I'm not cynical, honest!
Old 15 Mar 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2652666)   #88
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not exciting and not boring for me...an extremely common and average GP. that is to say i enjoyed it but will not feel the need to watch it again.
sadly though i feel a lot of the comments aimed at saying how processional this race (a strange comment since that statement pretty much sums up every F1 race i have ever watched) were misplaced as it was the lack of destruction that would have been caused if the new teams fell flat on their faces that created the rather predictable outcome.
sadly that probably would have made me vote it higher too
Old 15 Mar 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2652732)   #89
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't really say, I fell catatonic at about lap 21 and only woke at 7am EST today. Can anyone fill me in?
Old 15 Mar 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2652776)   #90
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
Fell asleep after 10 laps, watched the last 10 on fast forward waiting for something to happen. It didn't. Such an anti climax-really hope it picks up.
I think we are in for more of this during the course of the season.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2652782)   #91
diddy100
Racer

England
Within ear shot of Snetterton !
diddy100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
boring track - even more probs with overtaking - just hear Button's comments etc - stuck behind people - lets hope things improve - but well done Lotus - best thing for me was going to the 750MC meeting at Snett in the afternoon - now thats racing - perhaps F1 should be short sprint races
Old 15 Mar 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2652797)   #92
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I think we are in for more of this during the course of the season.
Anywhere hard on tyres, the same will occur
Old 15 Mar 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2652800)   #93
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We shall see.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2652890)   #94
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy100 View Post
boring track - even more probs with overtaking - just hear Button's comments etc - stuck behind people - lets hope things improve - but well done Lotus - best thing for me was going to the 750MC meeting at Snett in the afternoon - now thats racing - perhaps F1 should be short sprint races
I saw an entertaining football match this weekend. Perhaps F1 should do away with cars, split the drivers into two teams and have them try to kick a leather ball into a net.

Sorry to be facetious, but F1 is F1 and club racing is club racing. I enjoy both, but get different things from each.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2652896)   #95
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
[QUOTE=diddy100;2652782 perhaps F1 should be short sprint races[/QUOTE]

That's effectively what it was with the pit stops. Now you're seeing what it's like without them.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2652899)   #96
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember I gave it a 2 so I can hardly be accused of wearing rose-tinted spectacles - but let's just hope that some of the tedium can be attributed to people being cautious because it was the first race under the new rules, and because noone was really forced to take a risk. Button seemed quite capable of overtaking when he had to last year in Brazil. Fingers crossed ...
Old 15 Mar 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2652904)   #97
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Time to adapt the format familiar to all kart racers (and most F1 drivers have been).

Three heats and a final! Every car gets to start a heat from the front rows, the back rows and the middle of the grid.No need for pointless qualifying sessions either.Have 2 heats on Saturday and then the third and Grand Final on the Sunday.Starting position for the Final is based on the points you secure across the three heats! Would be great fun!
Old 15 Mar 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2652970)   #98
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
A generous 4 from me. I think we could be in for worse at other tracks this season so I need scope to give lower scores, and I added a point because I was pleased to see Lotus finish. But "Formula Tyre Management" isn't really doing it for me.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 15 Mar 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2652991)   #99
brian_bury
Racer

England
crumpsall manchester
brian_bury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only a 4

if we are not having refueling then lets get rid of some wheel changers just have one 1 man on each wheel then the time in the pits will be longer and then the teams will have to think more about bringing the cars into the pits

this race was so boring and i can not see the next being any more exciting
Old 16 Mar 2010, 00:28 (Ref:2653121)   #100
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave this event a 5... I feel confident that all the folks involved in F1 will figure out what the problem is sooner or later..

It has to improve...
Closed Thread