Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 May 2005, 09:03 (Ref:1314435)   #76
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice riddle. Typically filled with GTR's own blend of fuzzy clarity....
Old 30 May 2005, 09:29 (Ref:1314452)   #77
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Nice riddle. Typically filled with GTR's own blend of fuzzy clarity....
We cant make it too easy for the Auto Fictionists can we
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 30 May 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1314455)   #78
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Scared they will use your copy as their copy again?

You should really spill - Auto Action is an incredibly rare magazine in NZ. You could be depriving your fan base of knowledge.....
Old 30 May 2005, 09:40 (Ref:1314465)   #79
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have a fan base??

On a more serious note, on the subject at hand... there are at least 3 squads who would be more than happy to walk away from the sport for $20m. Asking jokingly of course... it would be hard to get away from somethink that you have been a part of most of your working life...

... how do you retire from something like that... the inactivity would likely see the principals sieze up and do themselves an unfortunate mischief....

In any case, it is preferable to have some genuine racers still around the sport...
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 30 May 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1314472)   #80
Just Do It!
Veteran

So you were speculating. That won't add to your fan base
Old 30 May 2005, 10:34 (Ref:1314503)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Not speculating... I asked directly... for $20m, I know that at least 3 would be begrudging, yet satisfied sellers
Old 3 Jun 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1318867)   #82
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just checking the BigPond site for next weeks times and apparently there was an eposide of the PanelBeaters tonight instead of next week (from China)

All i can say the these BigPond f#@$&^@$ must think we are mind readers.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 3 Jun 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1318873)   #83
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BigPond Broadband Schedule
PanelBeaters, Shanghai, China 10 - 12 June. Shown in local track time

Friday 3 June
18:00 - 19:30 PanelBeaters

Saturday 11 June
10:45 - 11:30 Qualifying
11:45 - 12:15 Top 10
13:20 - 16:10 Race 1
Sunday 12 June
10:20 - 11:30 Race 2
13:30 - 16:40 Race 3

All times subject to change

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 3 Jun 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1318883)   #84
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Thats handy...

The SEN corporate entitty's failure earlier in the week cant be a help to Cromley's desire to move this show to the mainstream....
Old 3 Jun 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1319265)   #85
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
There is a unique franchise ownership structure in place for the Dynamik licences at the moment... and the only way to unwind that is to sell the pair of them, to remove the encumbrance....
OK, I must be behind the times again, and baring my ignorance for all to see (again), but, care to elaborate on this Mr Magic, for the benefit of those couple of us who actually care about this team and whatever future they may have? Please?
Old 3 Jun 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1319297)   #86
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Know this is not panelbeaters, but may be of interest....

V8 SUPERSTARS

Catch the first program for the year this Sunday on TEN. V8 Supercar drivers go head to head discussing the finer points of the V8 Supercar championship. Expect the unexpected!

Tune into Network TEN this Sunday from 2.30pm.

Panel members:
Mark Skaife - Holden Racing Team
Russell Ingall - Caltex Racing
Greg Murphy - Super Cheap Auto Racing
Brad Jones - Team BOC
Garth Tander - HSV Dealer Team
Craig Baird - WPS Racing
Paul Dumbrell - Castrol Team Perkins Racing
Steve Johnson - Westpoint Racing
Old 4 Jun 2005, 01:53 (Ref:1319635)   #87
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
Just checking the BigPond site for next weeks times and apparently there was an eposide of the PanelBeaters tonight instead of next week (from China)

All i can say the these BigPond f#@$&^@$ must think we are mind readers.

Bugger i missed it too, i was working anyway Does anyone know what we missed? Anything interesting?

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 4 Jun 2005, 03:32 (Ref:1319656)   #88
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Thats handy...

The SEN corporate entitty's failure earlier in the week cant be a help to Cromley's desire to move this show to the mainstream....

How so ...... long bow!!

SEN have not run Panels since last season.

SEN do run a motorsport program in the same time slot hosted by luminary Shbexter - like SEN, it continues unassociated with Coch0s mob SEL.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 06:15 (Ref:1319703)   #89
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
How so ...... long bow!!

SEN have not run Panels since last season.

SEN do run a motorsport program in the same time slot hosted by luminary Shbexter - like SEN, it continues unassociated with Coch0s mob SEL.
Its not a long bow at all.

The plan for this show is to make it a commercial program, networked around Australia on conventional free-to-air radio. To expand the customer base beyond those people using Bigpond... into the mainstream universe...

SEN was the cornerstone to this... and helped prove it could be done. Although the ratings were never discussed.

That SEN has had difficulty probably precludes them from being involved in the long term solution.

No long bows at all....
Old 4 Jun 2005, 09:27 (Ref:1319799)   #90
Just Do It!
Veteran

Out of interest, does anyone have any solid figures on what a show like The Panelbeaters would be worth to a radio station in Australia?

How many stations would give, or be able to give, the national coverage that was required?
Old 4 Jun 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1319835)   #91
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:
Its not a long bow at all.

The plan for this show is to make it a commercial program, networked around Australia on conventional free-to-air radio. To expand the customer base beyond those people using Bigpond... into the mainstream universe...

SEN was the cornerstone to this... and helped prove it could be done. Although the ratings were never discussed.

That SEN has had difficulty probably precludes them from being involved in the long term solution.

No long bows at all....
That SEN has had financial troubles seemed to be part of your argument GTR, not acknowledging SEN had not continued with Panels since 04 - if SEN does not continue with the program it could hardly be a cornerstone .....
Old 4 Jun 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1319876)   #92
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From our friends at dictionary.com

"cornerstone, n, the fundamental assumptions from which something is begun"

SEN as the first free to air non-internet broadcast conveyance makes it a cornerstone in the development of the panelbeaters concept to be shared on a national radio network.

The plan was to progress with the show on SEN this year... it didnt happen... then SEN falls over.. does one thing have something to do with the other? Perhaps not directly, but it is interesting nonetheless.

I am aware Panelbeaters hasnt been on SEN this year. The people I have told to listen to the show who arent web enabled like to gently remind me of this when the show doesnt come on air over their 'wireless' on race weekends.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1319908)   #93
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG
Bugger i missed it too, i was working anyway Does anyone know what we missed? Anything interesting?
Me too this week >WHY DONT THEY ARCHIVE IT ON THE NET FOR A WEEK???
Old 9 Jun 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1324129)   #94
Just Do It!
Veteran

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We have been heard. Go to www.v8supercar.com.au!!!

There is an ARCHIVED COPY of last week's show!!! Excellent!! Well done BigPond!!
Old 10 Jun 2005, 08:27 (Ref:1324625)   #95
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
***reminder***

Old 10 Jun 2005, 09:12 (Ref:1324646)   #96
Just Do It!
Veteran

It seems I have b0ll0ckseded it up - the repeat replay is on as we speak.

Good on you Retro for reminding us all. I jumped on the net as I thought we could listen at anytime.... Doh doh doh doh doh!

Last edited by Just Do It!; 10 Jun 2005 at 09:14. Reason: God doesn't like the word "b0ll0cksed"
Old 10 Jun 2005, 10:06 (Ref:1324666)   #97
cavvy
Veteran

SEN are kicking on

I took in SENs motor sport show in the car on the way home from toil.

Heard Cromley in China on the morning show with Kevin Bartlett (no he doesnt limp, this KB is a legend of AFL & a real lover of all sport).
Old 12 Jun 2005, 06:27 (Ref:1326073)   #98
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
If your interested BigPond is running a lap chart.

Old 1 Jul 2005, 05:45 (Ref:1344433)   #99
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
.................reminder for tonight

Old 1 Jul 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1344815)   #100
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like SEN's Motorsport show (MotorTotrque) is already gone, wasn't on tonight anyway, perhaps it's a victim of SEN's well publicised money problems or they couldn't find sponsors.
Either way it's a blow as outside of TEN, Speedweek and dare I say it In Pit Lane for the Melbourne viewers (and we're a week to week proposition) there's not much electronic media coverage out there.
(BTW this week om IPL Improved Production from Phillip Island)