Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jul 2010, 12:31 (Ref:2729571)   #76
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I've said it here before and someone didn't like my suggestion, can't remember who it was but I personally think he has early stage dementia.
I don't. I think he knows exactly what he's doing. Which pleases me. If it were dementure I'd have to feel a little bit sorry for him, but as long as it's cold, calculated ugly face of capitalism I can continue to dislike him with a passion.

If only F1 was run by people who cared about the sport and the fans at least as much as the power and money. Actually, not just F1, it's increasingly the case further down the line.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 12:33 (Ref:2729573)   #77
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'm shocked this topic is still on-going, tbh.

It's pretty obvious its the usual Bernie posturing. If Bernie was insane he wouldn't have the sheer amount of money he has. And besides, radical statements/proposals are hardly a change of behaviour from Ecclestone..

Selby
Old 20 Jul 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2729585)   #78
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose it shows how fed up people are with him and his continuing management of the sport.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2729595)   #79
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I guess. But whilst Bernie's about, things won't change.

Selby
Old 20 Jul 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2729625)   #80
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I've said it here before and someone didn't like my suggestion, can't remember who it was but I personally think he has early stage dementia.
Yes and i agreed with you.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2729641)   #81
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I guess. But whilst Bernie's about, things won't change.

Selby
Very true Selby, but the only way things get changed is by people saying something. I know people moaning on here won't get him removed but at least it makes us feel better!
Old 20 Jul 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2729672)   #82
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Fair point

Selby
Old 23 Jul 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2731286)   #83
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Very true Selby, but the only way things get changed is by people saying something. I know people moaning on here won't get him removed but at least it makes us feel better!
Don't worry. He's old. Like all dictators he'll eventually die.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2731347)   #84
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post
Don't worry. He's old. Like all dictators he'll eventually die.
Fidel seems to keep on trucking though.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2731348)   #85
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Fidel seems to keep on trucking though.
I thought his bro was running the show.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2731399)   #86
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I haven't read the thread, so apologies if someone has said this already, but I am fed up with Bernie going through this pantomime routine whenever a circuit is coming to its renewal date.

There's more chance of him disappearing than of Monaco dropping off the F1 calendar.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2731418)   #87
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I thought his bro was running the show.
Well, ofcourse.
Doesn't mean he's dead, though.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 21:37 (Ref:2731477)   #88
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Why don't they just knock down some of those old buildings and widen the track?.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2731490)   #89
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
... with the added complications of advanced megalomania.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 22:14 (Ref:2731496)   #90
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I haven't read the thread, so apologies if someone has said this already, but I am fed up with Bernie going through this pantomime routine whenever a circuit is coming to its renewal date.

There's more chance of him disappearing than of Monaco dropping off the F1 calendar.
I know Monaco has some special dispensation regarding fees, which is what the Extortionist want's to revoke but I didn't know it was now subject and renewel dates?
Old 23 Jul 2010, 23:35 (Ref:2731538)   #91
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps it is a spiteful jab from Bernie over the fact that at the time of the FOTA breakaway threat Monaco indicated their interest in going with FOTA as opposed to staying with whatever the FIA/FOM series did, on the basis that F1, regardless of what it was called under FOTA, was always going to be where the major teams were playing.

On special conditions that Monaco enjoy (and excuse me if this has already been posted) but my understanding is that Monaco is now the only GP that handle their own TV production of the race, and indeed get much of the revenue from trackside advertising.
Old 24 Jul 2010, 04:32 (Ref:2731574)   #92
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Monaoc is covered by French TV.

The Japanese GP at Suzuka is covered by Fuji TV.

Those two are the only ones left that don't have the FOM broadcasting them.
Old 24 Jul 2010, 05:17 (Ref:2731578)   #93
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Monaco is covered by French TV.
My understanding was that it is produced by 'Télé Monte Carlo', which is a private enterprise albeit partly owned by the Monaco Govt.... However I think one of the other major shareholders is TF1 which is indeed a French company (owners of Eurosport and other European Media Interests)

An interesting point regarding the Japanese local production of F1 is that they broadcast to the Japanese market in full HD, something Bernie has yet to offer with his own FOM productions. The rest of the world gets the Japanese GP in SD. He seems to be very technology shy following the short lived 'BernieVision' digital service. It seems the rest of the world will be watching many sports in full 3D before F1 plans to introduce HD!
Old 24 Jul 2010, 10:36 (Ref:2731627)   #94
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Rather than post something lengthy myself,please have a look at second paragraph of this report by Joe Saward.

I particularly liked this comment
Quote:
There is also a fair bit of chat about Monaco and how the race really should pay F1 more money than it does. This is not surprising given that the people in charge of the sport these days do not care about anything other than cash and have no respect at all for the traditions of the sport.
As usual Joe has hit the nail on the head there.
Old 24 Jul 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2731645)   #95
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ecclestone says...
People go giddy...
Ecclestone says...
Heads explode...
Ecclestone says...
Outrage ensues...
Ecclestone wins.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 12:21 (Ref:2732127)   #96
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Ecclestone says...
People go giddy...
Ecclestone says...
Heads explode...
Ecclestone says...
Outrage ensues...
Ecclestone wins.

Too true !
Old 25 Jul 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2732481)   #97
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't blame the money, blame the organ grinder.[/QUOTE]

Here, let me lend you a 'k'...
Old 27 Jul 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2734211)   #98
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We can't afford to lose Monaco..... :S
Old 27 Jul 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2734265)   #99
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2001 View Post
We can't afford to lose Monaco..... :S
Why??
Old 28 Jul 2010, 00:53 (Ref:2734349)   #100
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Why??

Just stop it...