3 1 1.05%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Apr 2012, 00:56 (Ref:3060623)   #76
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer View Post
one of my favorite moments:

Wheeee...
It goes accordingly to their motto.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:03 (Ref:3060625)   #77
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!

That's why the French call drivers Pilote.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:17 (Ref:3060636)   #78
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not only french...
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:18 (Ref:3060637)   #79
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
So Adrian can you please explain why this car is airborne ?
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:34 (Ref:3060642)   #80
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
It goes accordingly to their motto.

Look at the front suspension movement on landing.
Zip, zero, nada, nothing.

Why does anyone bother with suspensions?

This is a gokart!
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:48 (Ref:3060648)   #81
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Look at the front suspension movement on landing.
Zip, zero, nada, nothing.

Why does anyone bother with suspensions?

This is a gokart!
Is it a bird? Is it a plain? No this is Mark Webber.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3060884)   #82
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Mark Webber wants to have wings...
Old 17 Apr 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3061211)   #83
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I gave it 8. I understand the 9s and 10s: the last 10 or 15 laps was definitely worth a 10 but it was pretty processional in the early stages (after it had settled down).

Why does anyone think that the marbles improved the race? Please explain to me.

Interesting comment on the lack of suspension travel when Webber's RB landed. Every year I am further appalled by the ever worsening geometry of F1 front suspension, but of course it doesn't matter if the suspension never moves.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 23:22 (Ref:3061212)   #84
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wouldn't necessarily say the marbles improved the race, but a lot of passes got done in a few different places where I would have thought offline, cars had been shedding marbles. If so, it demonstrated it was still possibly to make these moves work even if they were a bit on the limit.

Drivers going wide after getting on the marbles also generated some frantic action, although I wouldn't say the marbles in themselves made for an improvement in the race, but just a part of the interesting nature of it.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 03:58 (Ref:3061253)   #85
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it an 8, would have given it a 10 if they started two hours earlier.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3061299)   #86
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Gave it a 9, terrific race, passing on the regular and not just from the DRS. Well done to Mercedes and Rosberg. I knew he'd win.
Had there ever been a doubt as to whom would win the race, I would have given it higher than an 8. It was a great race, for second place... but for example, had Kimi been leading with ten or twelve cars breathing down his neck...
Old 19 Apr 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3062025)   #87
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Interesting comment on the lack of suspension travel when Webber's RB landed. Every year I am further appalled by the ever worsening geometry of F1 front suspension, but of course it doesn't matter if the suspension never moves.
Ever worsening? I was under the impression that some of the best car and suspension designers in the world designed this stuff. And the cars keep getting faster. How can that be worsening?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3063359)   #88
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Ever worsening? I was under the impression that some of the best car and suspension designers in the world designed this stuff. And the cars keep getting faster. How can that be worsening?
Suspension geometry is sacrificed on the altar of aerodynamics. The raised nose obliges the chassis attachment points to be far too high. Thus the roll centre is ridiculously high and there is a lot of transverse scrub as the suspension goes up and down (or at least there would be IF the suspension went up and down).

I think there is a fundamental rule somewhere that says a car must have suspension. Otherwise someone would have built a car with no front suspension by now. It would work just as well and be much lighter and simpler.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3063375)   #89
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I think there is a fundamental rule somewhere that says a car must have suspension. Otherwise someone would have built a car with no front suspension by now. It would work just as well and be much lighter and simpler.
This is what I was thinking.
To accommodate the rules just make the suspension so rudimentary that it is non-existent. It clearly isn't needed at all.