Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jun 2013, 10:52 (Ref:3271143)   #76
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
and while Webber successfully portrayed himself as a "no nonsense" guy which I always found remarkable considering his constantly defiant attitude and whining
this...

it's like di resta painting himself as an optimistic, happy-go-lucky type of bloke.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3271145)   #77
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Has anyone thought about Red Bull sponsoring Porsche or at least being a potential partner?
... ah yes... I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
In terms of Webber's move to Porsche. Given the fact that it's been an open secret for so long, I wonder if Red Bull will be sponsoring Porsche in 2014 ?
Old 28 Jun 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3271147)   #78
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Show me a top F1 driver who doesn't play mind games....... It's part of the make up.
You're absolutely right. In fact Kimi's probably one of the more prolific of them.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3271156)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, but he only plays them with his own engineer.......
Old 28 Jun 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3271171)   #80
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It's a boon for WEC to have Webber and let's face it he's switching, not retiring! Looking forward to how he gets on with the Porky.

I love it when F1 loses one of it's star drivers because they're so ****ed off with all the BS!!!

Same with JPM a few years back, it got the point where he was wasting his time fighting his corner bit like Mark. Difference is at the precise time they announced they were leaving Mark is in the best car and Monty palpably was not.

Like bella I hope we see fresh blood in the other RB next year. It's time for someone else to figure at the front, or at least get the opportunity? It' not as thought they need to rely on both cars winning, Vettel's been doing most of that on his own the last few seasons so why not give JEV and Dan half a season each.

Kimi is a star driver but it's better to keep him leading the Enstone lot for both his and their sakes and he really wouldn't challenge Vettel i'm afraid.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3271176)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Kimi is a star driver but it's better to keep him leading the Enstone lot for both his and their sakes and he really wouldn't challenge Vettel i'm afraid.
You really do think that, don't you.....?

I formally then register my disagreement.......
Old 28 Jun 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3271178)   #82
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the last thing i want to see in that car is another webber clone (which probably rules out ricciardo). i want to see someone who makes vettel uncomfortable and changes what he needs to do and the person he needs to be. i don't think jev has the extra tenths a lap that he'd need to do that.

the only person i see able to do that really is kimi. and if they can't get kimi... take jev.

but then we have to look at the second toro rosso seat, and is afdc ready? eeehhhh... this season so far has suggested possible not.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3271183)   #83
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I agree. We need someone who will be able to (and be allowed to) take on the blessed one - otherwise - who cares who it is, it won't matter a jot.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3271212)   #84
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

dont really care who partners Vettel, let's face it, unless he moves and drives another car he will never be rated as highly as he should be as he won everything in one car in an era where that matters more than it ever has,
hmmmm....not really. The competition is closer than it's ever been. If you were watching F1 in the late 80's and 90s, you might have been forgiven for thinking that there were only 2 cars in the race, 1988 being the most obvious example of one team turning up to a race knowing that, bar some extreme bad luck, it was taking all of the trophies back home.

If Red Bull have no intentions of letting go of Vettel, and Vettel has no intentions of going elsewhere, then there are probably very good reasons for that. IMO, he'd be a fool to go elsewhere whilst ever Red Bull are slightly ahead of everyone else.

Also, let's not forget that Webber isn't exactly a 'plodder' when it comes to driving F1 cars.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3271254)   #85
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the last thing i want to see in that car is another webber clone (which probably rules out ricciardo). i want to see someone who makes vettel uncomfortable and changes what he needs to do and the person he needs to be. i don't think jev has the extra tenths a lap that he'd need to do that.

the only person i see able to do that really is kimi. and if they can't get kimi... take jev.

but then we have to look at the second toro rosso seat, and is afdc ready? eeehhhh... this season so far has suggested possible not.
Quote:
I agree. We need someone who will be able to (and be allowed to) take on the blessed one - otherwise - who cares who it is, it won't matter a jot.
We all would like to see that... but would it really happen ??????????
Old 28 Jun 2013, 15:33 (Ref:3271257)   #86
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
I'm really not sure there's anyone among the current bunch that could deal with Vettel if placed in the second Red Bull. I appreciate it may not be what people here want to hear but Vettel is very very good... and over the next few years is only going to get better. It's not inconceivable that by the end of next year he could have 5 WDC under his belt - that's par with Fangio !
Old 28 Jun 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3271259)   #87
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Webber could make the rest of the season really tricky for Vettel. RBR won't want to keep Webber back because they need him scoring points for the Constructor's championship.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3271260)   #88
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Webber could make the rest of the season really tricky for Vettel. RBR won't want to keep Webber back because they need him scoring points for the Constructor's championship.
Has that ever been different?
Old 28 Jun 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3271268)   #89
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I'm really not sure there's anyone among the current bunch that could deal with Vettel if placed in the second Red Bull. I appreciate it may not be what people here want to hear but Vettel is very very good... and over the next few years is only going to get better. It's not inconceivable that by the end of next year he could have 5 WDC under his belt - that's par with Fangio !
Well, you're entitled to your opinion - it's not one I share......
Old 28 Jun 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3271269)   #90
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Has that ever been different?
Multi-21 springs to mind.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3271272)   #91
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think any driver/rider feels the need to prove himself

Seb right now is in the early process of just wanting to win, but I am sure in time he will want to move on and see if he can win in another car.

In the past guys like Clark, Stewart, Hakkinen never moved much.

But others did, Emmo, Lauda, Fangio, Hill.

Depends what Seb wants, if he just wants to win above all and prove little he will stay where he is, but lets see what happens if another car looks to gain ground and become dominant, then he will be trying his hardest to be there I reckon
Old 28 Jun 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3271275)   #92
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Closest examples were Montoya to NASCAR and several drivers like Montagny who moved to LeMans P1/P2/GT experiencie. Hope Mark will be proud for his move.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3271278)   #93
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Multi-21 springs to mind.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they trying to hold Vettel back?
Old 28 Jun 2013, 17:17 (Ref:3271290)   #94
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they trying to hold Vettel back?
Yes but it didn't happen.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3271295)   #95
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think we've been here before.......
Old 28 Jun 2013, 23:53 (Ref:3271426)   #96
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Webber free now to disobey team orders??? As Reutemann did in 1981.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 00:13 (Ref:3271430)   #97
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Is Webber free now to disobey team orders??? As Reutemann did in 1981.
He has been since multi 21 - how well has it been working for him?
Old 29 Jun 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3271433)   #98
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I think any driver/rider feels the need to prove himself

Seb right now is in the early process of just wanting to win, but I am sure in time he will want to move on and see if he can win in another car.

In the past guys like Clark, Stewart, Hakkinen never moved much.

But others did, Emmo, Lauda, Fangio, Hill.

Depends what Seb wants, if he just wants to win above all and prove little he will stay where he is, but lets see what happens if another car looks to gain ground and become dominant, then he will be trying his hardest to be there I reckon
Most of them moved to better teams, and then worse ones as their careers faded.

Poor Rindt moved despite his better judgement, and look how that worked out.

If you have everything you need to win races, and he is the only driver that has ever won for RBR on that basis; beating the RBR drivers in an STR (2008); why should he move? He has proved himself, RBR is fundamentally his team; he developed them into race winners!

Why does he need to move to prove anything?
Old 29 Jun 2013, 00:24 (Ref:3271434)   #99
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought people got tired of winning the same thing over and over.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 00:36 (Ref:3271442)   #100
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
I thought people got tired of winning the same thing over and over.
Frighteningly, I think he is still learning!

The only reasons for moving would be greed (he is well paid by any measure), to obtain success or personality issues in the work place.

If he wants a new challenge I would suggest he does something else - not motor racing.