Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Closed Thread

Old 4 Mar 2015, 20:21 (Ref:3511787)   #76
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whenever I try to watch a live GP I tend to fall asleep sitting up, And that's if I don't have a beer! Must be an age thing.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 05:17 (Ref:3511900)   #77
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chris - just do what you can! I am spending time in the doorway throwing hair to the wind, so it doesn't clog up the plughole.

Lovely to see you both and even lovelier getting that discount. A Marshal's best friend getting to eat out so cheaply! As said in text and despite your comment, at least Bill had some other company than me.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 05:19 (Ref:3511901)   #78
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I forgot to add: the flowers are absolutely wonderful and the lilies are now coming out. Thank you all again.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3512167)   #79
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
I forgot to add: the flowers are absolutely wonderful and the lilies are now coming out. Thank you all again.
I wasn't involved in their purchase, although I would have been if I'd been asked, but.....

Keep an eye on the lilies as apparently they are dangerous to cats,

and dogs,

and babies,

and humans ........

eeeek!

But don't care.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3512181)   #80
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
No pets, and Bill is too useful to be put into that category!

He has dug out the camera so I have a couple of photos to post but it won't let me, so I have Woolley the Mod on the case.

Just woken up as my mother phoned. Wondered what she was doing up at 4am but it turns out it was only 6pm! Must have been sound asleep. GOOD. They call it "Cognitive Confusion" and is part of the side effects of the radiotherapy. That's my excuse for now although I'm sure I've been suffering from it for years !!!!!
Old 6 Mar 2015, 08:33 (Ref:3512365)   #81
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He has dug out the camera so I have a couple of photos to post but it won't let me, so I have Woolley the Mod on the case.
I thought he was a rocker?
Old 6 Mar 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3512482)   #82
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You have a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsquirrel View Post
I thought he was a rocker?
Most definitely not
Old 6 Mar 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3512565)   #83
Paul Newns
Veteran

Off his rocker, maybe! But aren't most of us?
Old 7 Mar 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3512783)   #84
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0498.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	44596[/ATTACH]

Not sure what I'm doing but hope the pictures work!

Flowers from you all and my scary mask.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0497.JPG  
Old 9 Mar 2015, 00:18 (Ref:3513108)   #85
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
All the lilies have now bloomed and the flowers just look fantastic.

Thank you all so much for them.

I'm wondering about using the scary mask as a planter - daffodils through the eyeholes!
Old 9 Mar 2015, 13:21 (Ref:3513282)   #86
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm wondering about using the scary mask as a planter - daffodils through the eyeholes!
Genius, that has to be done. They'll probably glow in the dark when they come up!
Old 9 Mar 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3513379)   #87
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Genius, that has to be done. They'll probably glow in the dark when they come up!
Well, I am having a nuclear impact bone density scan later this week! They inject you then you have to wait a few hours for it to go through the system - avoiding small children and pregnant women. I've had one before and Bill was quite upset when I didn't glow green in the dark!

I'm up for suggestions as to what flower to put in for coming through the mouth - they must be "clean"!!!
Old 9 Mar 2015, 21:16 (Ref:3513449)   #88
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I'm up for suggestions as to what flower to put in for coming through the mouth - they must be "clean"!!!
Maybe not so much flowers but:

(S. trifasciata laurentii)

Take your pick of if the options ....

I think you can dust them if they get dirty.

Very glad to see your sense of humour seems to be running as strong as ever ... or at least I hope it is.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3513494)   #89
Paul Newns
Veteran

You could mount it on the front of the car, paint some ping balls as eyes. That would scare the bejeezers out of little kids and grannies. Instead of Mad Max we'd have Mad Pie Lady!
Old 10 Mar 2015, 00:19 (Ref:3513510)   #90
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
I was wondering about a red nose for Comic Relief.

Not sure about "snake plant", and I've certainly never been a mother-in-law! But a great thought. Scary mask, scary plant (if only by name).

BTW: what is "dusting"?
Old 10 Mar 2015, 01:32 (Ref:3513523)   #91
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
BTW: what is "dusting"?
Beats me.

Something to do with cakes and puddings I think. Involves icing sugar quite often.

How that helps with dirty plants I have no idea.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 10:49 (Ref:3513625)   #92
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
avoiding small children and pregnant women.
Sound advice whatever the circumstances!
Old 10 Mar 2015, 12:47 (Ref:3513665)   #93
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
avoiding small children and pregnant women
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Sound advice whatever the circumstances!
Even better if you reverse the order and add a few months...
Old 10 Mar 2015, 12:56 (Ref:3513668)   #94
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
You could mount it on the front of the car, paint some ping balls as eyes. That would scare the bejeezers out of little kids and grannies. Instead of Mad Max we'd have Mad Pie Lady!
Instead of ping pong balls you could mount LEDs and a PA system! "Warning, Warning, ....... Mad Pie Lady approaching. I'll fade your genes!"

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 13 Mar 2015, 04:06 (Ref:3514678)   #95
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Well, a turn up for the books. I've been granted the enhanced rate for both elements of PIP (Personal Independence Payment) which includes an amount for mobility - and it has been backdated.

So, next week we collect "new" car, having traded in both his and mine - well, he can only drive one at a time and we decided to "upgrade"! I pay for the petrol etc but we also get free road tax!

And, as indicated by the name of the benefit, I am now the proud owner of a "stroller" - a push along walker complete with attached shopping bag plus a seat with back rest so I can have a sit down if required. The brakes are pretty good, which is just as well as we live on a hill. If it means I can go out on my own to buy the newspaper or whatever at the little shop around the corner then I will start to feel more independent. Just got to figure out how to attach the walking stick so I can leave the stroller outside. Will have to be "up for it" because otherwise Bill drives me down there and back and that only takes moments and is a complete waste of everything.

I also got a new phone on contract, so I'm not worrying about topping up the PAYG. One of those finger swipy things. Apologies to Paul Newns for accidentally ringing him - although it was lovely to speak to him! Lots to learn for the girl who's had a really old style Nokia for years and years and years..... Only problem is that the signal ain't so good in the house.

Nuclear scan done and, yet again, no glowing in the dark.

And I've finished the steroid tablets so am now hoping that I will start deflating and at least get rid of the treble chin and chipmunk cheeks!
Old 13 Mar 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3514727)   #96
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And, as indicated by the name of the benefit, I am now the proud owner of a "stroller" - a push along walker complete with attached shopping bag plus a seat with back rest so I can have a sit down if required. The brakes are pretty good, which is just as well as we live on a hill. If it means I can go out on my own to buy the newspaper or whatever at the little shop around the corner then I will start to feel more independent.
Just need to get your yellow square and black cross on your back and you'll be let loose!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 13 Mar 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3514728)   #97
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I can leave the stroller outside
If you did that in Luton some toe rag would have it away, strip it and it would be in Pakistan within a week.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3514874)   #98
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
If you did that in Luton some toe rag would have it away, strip it and it would be in Pakistan within a week.
Thank goodness we live in Gnosall, although I confess I want Bill to unearth an old bike lock for me.

Nobody nicks the dogs that get left outside.#]
Old 13 Mar 2015, 22:46 (Ref:3514936)   #99
Paul Newns
Veteran

Does it have a hooter? Maybe one of those brass ones with a rubber ball on the end?
Old 14 Mar 2015, 02:17 (Ref:3514977)   #100
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
Does it have a hooter? Maybe one of those brass ones with a rubber ball on the end?
I think I have one of those on my sad old bike in the garage. Will get Bill to look. I was never very good on said bike - only did "flat" so Silverstone was great. No chance now to use it, I really would just topple over!

Anybody want a pink bicycle that needs some TLC? It has gears, I believe, although I doubt I ever used them.

Seriously, have a think about it, but you would have to collect.

Is this now turning into Shelagh's E-Bay? Except I don't charge.