Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Mar 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1241367)   #76
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
Yipeeeee!!

Zytek have just released information to Autosport that they have entered Le Mans as a works team, not through backing Jota. With this they have also confirmed thier complete entry into the entire LMES series as well as the Paul Ricard test day..

All i can say is look out Creation and Audi.

PS. Andy Wallace has signed with Creation for Le Mans as well.
great news for Zytek and the European sportscar season, hopefully the black rocket can find some reliability and get a win or 2. it will be interesting to see who runs better with the Zytek chassis: the factory team with the Zytek engine, or the Creation team with the Judd engine...
Old 3 Mar 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1241378)   #77
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or the JOTA....
Old 3 Mar 2005, 17:56 (Ref:1241384)   #78
tblincoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP:Clio51
or the JOTA....
true, but the switch to Dunlops and the results of the team last year lead me to believe they will be the less competitive out of the 3 Zytek squads... although i'm definitely not counting them out for being a force in the LMES, i just need some proof first
Old 3 Mar 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1241391)   #79
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is the Zytek works entry in conjunction with Arena? I seem to recall reading that Arena was rumoured to be entering a Zytek this year. Just wondering...
Old 3 Mar 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1241435)   #80
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, the Arena entry for Le Mans has been withdrawn by the factory as they concentrate on getting an entry with John Nielson ( Autosport today)
Old 3 Mar 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1241454)   #81
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy
No, the Arena entry for Le Mans has been withdrawn by the factory as they concentrate on getting an entry with John Nielson ( Autosport today)
So again no Arena car at the grid?
Old 3 Mar 2005, 18:55 (Ref:1241457)   #82
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I don't think Nic and Jamie enjoyed the experience very much!! Sounds like they spent the day wishing they'd signed for a team with a tintop.
... or for Paris-Dakar !
Old 3 Mar 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1241519)   #83
tblincoe
Veteran

there is a piece on the Nielson Zytek program in DSC as well with a computer generated livery pic of the car... is this in conjunction with the factory Zytek program or a seperate program with another Zytek (bringing the likely Zytek entries to Le Mans up to 4?)
Old 3 Mar 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1241524)   #84
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I am not trying to sound negative but is this not a Zytek car runned by Zytek people but paid by Nielsen & co? I don't think this "works team" label makes the car much faster of more reliable. Of course it's good to see Nielsen back in a LMP and Zyteks commitment to sportscar racing.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1242593)   #85
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic entry for SPA.

Its good to see the high quality in each class. LMP1, although not huge, is packed with the kind of quality we have not seen for a long time in Europe, with all teams having an eye on the podium.

LMP2 is continuing to impress, with a high probability that some of the class front runners will step upto LMP1 in 2006 when the new Lola and Courage LMP1s come on stream!

I'm just a little pi**es off that the first race is the same week I'm off on holiday.

BTW, can anyone confirm what day the Silverstone race is on, Saturday or Sunday?
Old 4 Mar 2005, 22:09 (Ref:1242676)   #86
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
BTW, can anyone confirm what day the Silverstone race is on, Saturday or Sunday?
JAG, the Silverstone race is on Saturday.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1242683)   #87
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe
is this in conjunction with the factory Zytek program or a seperate program with another Zytek (bringing the likely Zytek entries to Le Mans up to 4?)
This IS the factory Zytek.

Just that Essex Invest came along with the euros , like they did last year with Lister.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 22:57 (Ref:1242728)   #88
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With the Zytek factories continued commitment, and obvious enthusiasm, for sportscar racing, and the cash coming in from the A1GP and 'MG' DTM programs, I'm very hopefull that we will see a new LMP1/2 car from Zytek next season.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 08:11 (Ref:1243031)   #89
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic
This IS the factory Zytek.

Just that Essex Invest came along with the euros , like they did last year with Lister.
To the best of my knowledge, there are now no spare 04s chassis's around. Where on earth did the Arena Motorsport stories come from. According to the motoring press they have even applied for entry at Le Mans......
Old 5 Mar 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1243050)   #90
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
To the best of my knowledge, there are now no spare 04s chassis's around. Where on earth did the Arena Motorsport stories come from. According to the motoring press they have even applied for entry at Le Mans......
I think the Arena were pretty serious about buying or leasing the factory Zytek (yes, the last one ). Arena did post a LM entry but withdrew when their deals fell through.

That's when the factory decided to do it on their own.

I should, of course have said Essex Finance bough Kroner not Euros

Mariantic
Old 5 Mar 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1243316)   #91
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
With the Zytek factories continued commitment, and obvious enthusiasm, for sportscar racing, and the cash coming in from the A1GP and 'MG' DTM programs, I'm very hopefull that we will see a new LMP1/2 car from Zytek next season.
Guys, don't think MG are bank rolling the DTM project. I think it's a case of Zytek having the blessing of MGR to use their name. Don't forget MGR are strapped for £'s themselves. SIAC etc takeover plans. No MG ZS from WSR. Why - no money at Longbridge.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 16:31 (Ref:1243405)   #92
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic
I think the Arena were pretty serious about buying or leasing the factory Zytek (yes, the last one ). Arena did post a LM entry but withdrew when their deals fell through.

That's when the factory decided to do it on their own.

I should, of course have said Essex Finance bough Kroner not Euros

Mariantic
So that's two years running that Arena have withdrawn from Le Mans (I know their 2005 entry had not yet been agreed, but even so!). Thank goodness for the Danes. I feel sure now that the ACO will invite Zytek to the party! There's every chance another chapter of Danish Le Mans history will be written this year, but JN or TK?

Sorry, just realised this is the Spa thread, not the Le Mans thread
Old 5 Mar 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1243438)   #93
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Bentley, you did post in the wrong thread just to test[] me !

sorry, members, just a private joke here
Old 5 Mar 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1243439)   #94
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Bentley, you did post in the wrong thread just to test[] me !

sorry, members, just a private joke here
Oh balls..
Old 5 Mar 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1243441)   #95
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
' was probably mentionned above, but the G-Force Courage C65 shakedown - this one's for Bentley03 - was a success (report on Turbomagazine)

I like the painting too...

Last edited by Fab; 6 Mar 2005 at 07:03.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1243521)   #96
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRF
Guys, don't think MG are bank rolling the DTM project. I think it's a case of Zytek having the blessing of MGR to use their name. Don't forget MGR are strapped for £'s themselves. SIAC etc takeover plans. No MG ZS from WSR. Why - no money at Longbridge.
Its well know that ITR are funding the 'MG' DTM project, but either way Zytek will be being paid for their work.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1243549)   #97
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Its well know that ITR are funding the 'MG' DTM project, but either way Zytek will be being paid for their work.
Agreed. Wish MGR were pumping money into the project but sadly this is not the case.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1243610)   #98
tblincoe
Veteran

another impressive livery for the 2005 season... this along with the new Rollcentre livery and i think that all the teams have done a really nice job with their cars for this year.
Old 12 Mar 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1250385)   #99
JAG
Veteran

England
Its on DSC that Emotional Enginering will run their second Monaro in the last 4 LMES races after Spa.

Will be good to see how it performs.
Old 12 Mar 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1250398)   #100
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
A Monaro ? You mean an Holden Monaro ? The Australian touring car ?