Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 17 Jun 2023, 06:52 (Ref:4164091)   #1026
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Random shots from a car park:
Attached Thumbnails
20230616_113436.jpg   20230616_113445.jpg   20230616_113717.jpg  

20230616_113849.jpg   20230616_113856.jpg   20230616_113903.jpg  

Old 17 Jun 2023, 07:30 (Ref:4164093)   #1027
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Living in Italy? I had one 6 Series and always found the soft top design to be almost perfect compared to the coupé. I've been caught not far from Milano by Carabinieri for over speeding but instead of fining me, they just asked for a burn out saying "ma che bella maccina"! Almost same thing with a Boxster few years before (car property of Porsche AG). The italians are wonderful people (and courntry).
Old 18 Jun 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4164384)   #1028
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Part two from the car park:
Attached Thumbnails
20230616_113910.jpg   20230616_113953.jpg   20230616_114008.jpg  

20230616_114059.jpg   20230616_114418.jpg   20230616_114439.jpg  

Old 18 Jun 2023, 18:12 (Ref:4164446)   #1029
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Part three from the car park:
Attached Thumbnails
20230616_113601.jpg   20230616_113648.jpg   20230616_113654.jpg  

20230616_113827.jpg  
Old 19 Jun 2023, 04:50 (Ref:4164554)   #1030
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Love the variety of cars they have in that car park. And of course you can't beat a good Martini livery!
Old 19 Jun 2023, 05:58 (Ref:4164559)   #1031
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Part four from the car park:
Attached Thumbnails
20230616_113637.jpg   20230616_113938.jpg   20230616_114249.jpg  

20230616_113944.jpg   20230616_114305.jpg   20230616_113728.jpg  

Old 20 Jun 2023, 05:27 (Ref:4164730)   #1032
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Part five of the car park:
Attached Thumbnails
20230616_114029.jpg   20230616_114037.jpg   20230616_114104.jpg  

20230616_114119.jpg   20230616_114200.jpg   20230616_114236.jpg  

Old 20 Jun 2023, 08:53 (Ref:4164740)   #1033
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for all the pictures, crmalcolm, all very nice indeed.

Can I simply assume it was not an ordinary day in the car park but that it was a coffee and cars meeting or something similar?
Old 20 Jun 2023, 08:58 (Ref:4164741)   #1034
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Thanks for all the pictures, crmalcolm, all very nice indeed.

Can I simply assume it was not an ordinary day in the car park but that it was a coffee and cars meeting or something similar?
Yes, a little bit more than just random gathered cars. It was a little bit of a meet to celebrate Italian Liberation Day. Hence the Lancia, Ferrari and Alfa (to come) focus.

In Campania - Pizza and Cars!
Old 21 Jun 2023, 01:34 (Ref:4164838)   #1035
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't take credit for this, but my dad saw this in a shopping center parking lot and talked to the owner. Holdens aren't normally in the us, and this one had suicide doors!
Old 21 Jun 2023, 14:06 (Ref:4164889)   #1036
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I can't take credit for this, but my dad saw this in a shopping center parking lot and talked to the owner. Holdens aren't normally in the us, and this one had suicide doors!
That is unusual. Where did the owner find it or did he not say? You don't see many Holdens around Britain, let alone the US. But yes, that door opening is strange to say the least!
Old 21 Jun 2023, 14:42 (Ref:4164893)   #1037
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In Campania - Pizza and Cars!
Et très jolies femmes aussi! Tout est beau en Italie. Au nord surtout… Slightly disapointed, no Prova nbr plate tho… As to suicide doors, its a common trans like Lambo doors are. Back in the day, suicide doors allowed une femme habillée en robe ou jupe de descendre en étendant ses jambes en toute élégance, sans montrer ses dessous ou alors juste le minimum pour aguicher sans vulgarité. After the ban, in Italy again, they had those beautiful legs and elegance in mind. Happily, la Fiiiiat had the answer. Who can remember la Fiiiat 1100 TV Spiiiider and the rotating passenger seat? https://www.stolzeclassiccars.nl/aan...00-tv-spider-/
Old 21 Jun 2023, 15:46 (Ref:4164901)   #1038
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love the paint colour; can't make up my mind whether it's Cerise or Magenta. Whatever, I think it's great and suits that Fiat.
Old 21 Jun 2023, 16:16 (Ref:4164906)   #1039
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dunno the color but very much doubt it's the original one. Can you smell the perfum of dolce vita, Riviera and so many beauties? I love Italy.

I think they used the same chassis for the Osca version. And if you too appreciate the coupés more than cabs' -yes convertibles!- the 1600 S was a pure wonder. And the Innoncenti 950S was better looking than its english base I feel.`https://www.ciclootto.it/innocenti-c...e-dimenticata/
I wont mention this one:https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neckar_St_Trop
Old 21 Jun 2023, 17:53 (Ref:4164915)   #1040
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Cool! There is a company, I think in Colorado, that is called Left Hand Utes that do the conversions of GTOs and G8s. As the Pontiacs get more rare, most conversions are from retired police Caprices.

However, that car is RHD, so I have no idea how it was imported, much less registered on the road. Must be some "show and display" and VIN magic happening.
Old 21 Jun 2023, 19:23 (Ref:4164925)   #1041
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Cool! There is a company, I think in Colorado, that is called Left Hand Utes that do the conversions of GTOs and G8s. As the Pontiacs get more rare, most conversions are from retired police Caprices.

However, that car is RHD, so I have no idea how it was imported, much less registered on the road. Must be some "show and display" and VIN magic happening.
Quote:
I caught one at the event I was at last week. I'm trying to figure out how to get photos back to my phone so another screen shot
Old 21 Jun 2023, 20:23 (Ref:4164931)   #1042
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I caught one at the event I was at last week. I'm trying to figure out how to get photos back to my phone so another screen shot
For info SP Tools were the major sponsor on the Supercars works Holden Racing Team in 2014.

Old 22 Jun 2023, 02:49 (Ref:4164945)   #1043
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci pour la photo Chris, très sympa. Don't you think the roaring lion has been, over the years, looking similar to Pug's one? Which reminds that I dont want any Opel or a 3008!
Old 22 Jun 2023, 06:24 (Ref:4164956)   #1044
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Merci pour la photo Chris, très sympa. Don't you think the roaring lion has been, over the years, looking similar to Pug's one? Which reminds that I dont want any Opel or a 3008!
Les trois lions sans rugissement!

No longer even a wimper from Holden, Opel are no longer available (in Aus anyway) and I think Peugeot is more a meow nowadays.

Certainly the Peugeot Sport and Holden Racing lion heads logo could have come from the same pen.
Old 22 Jun 2023, 09:45 (Ref:4164974)   #1045
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Les trois lions sans rugissement!Certainly the Peugeot Sport and Holden Racing lion heads logo could have come from the same pen.
They can only bite the dust…
Old 22 Jun 2023, 10:15 (Ref:4164982)   #1046
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
En parlant de délicieuse excentricité italienne, est-ce que tu connais ça? Je l'ai vue in the flesh, c'est une merveille sur roues:https://www.stolzeclassiccars.nl/aan...rodynamic-rhd/ Original moel was the first car ever to be displayed at NY musée d'art moderne. Respect!
Old 22 Jun 2023, 14:13 (Ref:4165008)   #1047
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Part 6 from the car park:
Attached Thumbnails
20230616_113409.jpg   20230616_113424.jpg   20230616_113529.jpg  

20230616_113538.jpg   20230616_113705.jpg   20230616_113813.jpg  

Old 22 Jun 2023, 14:23 (Ref:4165011)   #1048
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
I see that you managed to get along to the pleb's end!
Old 22 Jun 2023, 15:57 (Ref:4165019)   #1049
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
At last real plates showing Firenze, Perouse or Torino. Thanks, great. And oops, Topolino early version? Reminds my Dad at Monte Carlo rallye driving a Simca 5. Very moving. There's no place like Italy. Specially the north side.
How many Ritmo cabrio survied, I wonder. And the ADO16 looks better than my Morris.
Old 22 Jun 2023, 16:25 (Ref:4165028)   #1050
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
I loved Italy, but sadly haven't been back since the 80s. However, their driving, certainly in and around Milan is just beyond crazy. I and my wife were taken out to dinner one evening by the boss of a company that I was looking at in a view to making an investment.

His driving scared the life out of my wife and I certainly wasn't too impressed. He picked us from our hotel overlooking the Centrale Station and drove us to a restaurant somewhere near Linate airport, and seemed to only recognise one speed, which was almost flat out, and didn't even stop for traffic lights at red.

Just as well that I found another company that was a better prospect for my purposes. I couldn't have endured another drive like that one; I almost offered to take a taxi back, but that might have been just as bad. At least he didn't resort to driving on the pavements, which I, my wife and two boys experienced in a taxi in the centre of Paris in the 70s!