Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Oct 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2551878)   #1101
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Not only Alonso starts wiyh not much fuel from the back...
No, but he was the only one that pitted obscenely early...
Old 1 Oct 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2551911)   #1102
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
No, but he was the only one that pitted obscenely early...
Ultimately that's the point. He was called in to make a very early stop, something which seemed odd to the casual observer and unless he was in on it, would surely have seemed odd to Alonso too. As we've seen many times in the past, if Alonso is not convinced of the why's/wherefore's of a call, he will not act on it. He does not blindly do what he's told to do from the pit wall.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2552134)   #1103
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Someone made a point about the lack of explanation as to how he knew nothing. I began thinking about how I would react in his position if I had a lot of the world suspecting I knew. I would be defensive and be sure to state as many of the factors in my defence as I could think of. Maybe he doesn't mind the perception. Or there is a good chance he is lying.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 18:28 (Ref:2552141)   #1104
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
There is one possible factor that tells in Alonso's favour, though; the start of the decline in relationship between him and McLaren was Monaco, where Hamilton moaned that he had been brought in early because of the risk of a safety car in the next few laps. If Alonso were called in unexpectedly early, given that he was on a race-loser strategy he may have sussed that there would be a few laps' grace for a safety car to come out and make it work. Even ignoring his magnetically-attracted-to-walls team-mate's appetite for destruction, someone else may easily have binned it.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2552145)   #1105
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Or there is a good chance he is lying.
There's a good chance that he knew without anyone 'involved' knowing that he knew.If you get my drift.

But anyway that's 'old hat' now because the next scandal is already 'revving up' nicely.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2552162)   #1106
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Don't really step away Martyn. I like puns the same way I like dodgy one-liner jokes.

I didn't get your drift unfortunately. Can you explain?
Old 1 Oct 2009, 18:54 (Ref:2552169)   #1107
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Can you explain?
Err....see new thread.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 19:51 (Ref:2552219)   #1108
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
It seems that Massa is the latest driver to claim victory in the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

A theft, Felipe? Ah well, you bagged a victory in Belgium that shouldn't have been yours. Swings & roundabouts.

I can't tell you what is more like a joke, if the way that the british press handle foreign news given in a non-english language, literally lost in the translation, or the way that the whole press like to throw this bs at the fan...

Yeah, it was a theft, there you go... give us some more.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 06:51 (Ref:2552458)   #1109
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post

I can't tell you what is more like a joke, if the way that the british press handle foreign news given in a non-english language, literally lost in the translation, or the way that the whole press like to throw this bs at the fan...

Yeah, it was a theft, there you go... give us some more.
If you are suggesting that Massa's comments have been lost in translation then why not explain what you believe he actually meant?
Old 2 Oct 2009, 14:21 (Ref:2552693)   #1110
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If you are suggesting that Massa's comments have been lost in translation then why not explain what you believe he actually meant?
Hey mate, I answered that in the other thread. Sorry !
Old 2 Oct 2009, 15:21 (Ref:2552717)   #1111
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was kind of disappointed this morning during Speed's coverage of P2. They had Alan Permaine on chatting with Matchett and not a word was said about "crashgate". What made it worse was the technical stuff they taked about didn't really reveal anything worth discussing.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2552729)   #1112
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Renault said in a statement before the Singapore race that they wouldn't talk about it anymore this season. A pity for those of us who want answers, but maybe the journalists know it'd be like getting blood from a stone. Mind you, they didn't stop asking Teflonso about Ferrari all year.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2552959)   #1113
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Why again do we call him Teflonso?
Old 2 Oct 2009, 22:38 (Ref:2552966)   #1114
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Why again do we call him Teflonso?
Despite having some significant proximity to a number of controversies in the teams he drives for, none of the mud ever seems to stick to Mr Alonso.

So he seems to have a teflon-coated suit... no eggs, or mud, or effluent, can stick to him...

With apologies to Dupont.... Teflon + Alonso = Teflonso...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Oct 2009, 07:30 (Ref:2553070)   #1115
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another one for the FAQ perhaps...
Old 5 Oct 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2554529)   #1116
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Some thoughts about Nelson Piquet..

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/
Old 5 Oct 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2554552)   #1117
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Grosjean's poor efforts? I think he's done better than Piquet already.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with rejecting Piquet because he was a bad driver, but to do so because he blew the whistle on Briatore implies dishonesty on the part of those making such decisions.
Maybe some are rejecting him not for being a "whistleblower" but for doing it in the first place. I think most just don't want him though because he was crap. Simple.

He seems to be being considered more since Crashgate came out than before, which isn't right. It shouldn't necessarily be held permanently against him, but nor should it give him more chance of getting a drive. Him being back in the spotlight seems to be giving him that chance. You take your chances when you get them, I suppose and he may get another shot partly because people remember who he is.
Old 5 Oct 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2554556)   #1118
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I hope Grosjean is kept on by Renault for 2010. He hasn't set the world alight but with a full winter testing programme I reckon he'd be on it. That and a haircut.
Old 5 Oct 2009, 21:40 (Ref:2554800)   #1119
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Saward
Standing up and doing what he did took real guts and a very grown-up acceptance that he had made a grave mistake in his life and wanted to make up for it.
Hm, given that his standing up came when he was out of a job, not so much. Had he stood up there and then, yes...
Old 6 Oct 2009, 01:32 (Ref:2554866)   #1120
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I hope Grosjean is kept on by Renault for 2010. He hasn't set the world alight but with a full winter testing programme I reckon he'd be on it. That and a haircut.
His driving is okay, but the hair what's up with that?
Old 6 Oct 2009, 07:59 (Ref:2554960)   #1121
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
His driving is okay, but the hair what's up with that?
When he has his cap on he reminds me of Lyndsey from The Fast Show.

Lyndsey: Let's off road!
Simon: That's what Flav said.
Old 6 Oct 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2554972)   #1122
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
HAHAHAHAH

Selby
Old 15 Oct 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2561863)   #1123
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It looks as though Massa agrees with us that Alonso HAD to know about it.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79435
Old 15 Oct 2009, 11:15 (Ref:2561865)   #1124
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
There's another thread just started on this subject.Maybe they can be merged or something?
Old 15 Oct 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2562179)   #1125
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartracer41 View Post
It looks as though Massa agrees with us that Alonso HAD to know about it.
Can you change that to some of us