Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who could grow the best beard?
Webber 50 84.75%
Vettel 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Oct 2009, 23:44 (Ref:2564150)   #1201
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They need a beard-off to decide.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 01:22 (Ref:2564191)   #1202
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
beard-off
Old 19 Oct 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2564203)   #1203
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a great result for Webber. Actually was also a good result for Vettel considering where he qualified.

Well done to Jensen, he didn't wilt under the pressure after all... and he did enough to earn the title.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 02:30 (Ref:2564217)   #1204
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Strong win.

Webber for WDC '10 ?

Not implausible, certainly unlikely... Let's see if Newey turns out a Toyota/Renault/Cosworth/Mercedes/Ferrari/Asiatech powered rocket.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 04:07 (Ref:2564237)   #1205
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
...if Vettel faulters in the last two GPs he needs to be there to take the win or bluntly hand Vettel a position in final pit stops etc.
Phase I of Mission Redemption complete. Lets see if Webber can now take the final result away from Vettel in Abu Dhabi! Coem on Webz!
Old 19 Oct 2009, 04:36 (Ref:2564242)   #1206
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah,

Whats going to be under the engine cowl come 2010, is merc still on the cards?? Or are RBR going Cossi with KERS?? Mabye a switch to Ferrai and leave STR with Cossi??
Old 19 Oct 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2564598)   #1207
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My gut feeling is Renault again. Alot of the comments I have been hearing or reading from Red Bull are starting to talk the Renault up again, I think even Webber mentioned it in the post race conference.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2564618)   #1208
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh it certainly looks to be sticking with Renault.

Selby
Old 19 Oct 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2564843)   #1209
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
My gut feeling is Renault again. Alot of the comments I have been hearing or reading from Red Bull are starting to talk the Renault up again, I think even Webber mentioned it in the post race conference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Yeh it certainly looks to be sticking with Renault.

Selby
I have read (Joe Seward) that McLaren have copped the needle about Merc's love affair with Brawn and have veto'd Merc supplying Red Bull.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2565021)   #1210
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
After Abu Dhabi, can we agree that in the races Vettel and Webber have been quite evenly matched, Vettel didn't destroy Webber the way lots of people thought he would, then close the thread and regroup for Webber vs Vettel 2010?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 Oct 2009, 23:36 (Ref:2565099)   #1211
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
After Abu Dhabi, can we agree that in the races Vettel and Webber have been quite evenly matched, Vettel didn't destroy Webber the way lots of people thought he would, then close the thread and regroup for Webber vs Vettel 2010?
Here Here #1211 Posts, 1 F1 Season and Still No Definate Answer to the Question, bring on 2010. However i still doubt we will be any closer. I'm still liking the Beard Off Idea
Old 19 Oct 2009, 23:52 (Ref:2565107)   #1212
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Vettel has more points, will finish higher in the championship, has more wins than Potsie. These are the facts.

Doesnt make Potsie a dunce though...
Old 20 Oct 2009, 14:16 (Ref:2565479)   #1213
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ooops.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2565615)   #1214
Canberra>karter
Rookie

Canberra>karter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Vettel has more points, will finish higher in the championship, has more wins than Potsie. These are the facts.

Doesnt make Potsie a dunce though...
Cetainly neither driver lost any value in 2009, and I suppose we can still look forward to next race to see if Webber can square the ledger in race wins or not.

They do win the best driver package in my mind though and everyone will again be interested in who can come out on top next year!
Old 20 Oct 2009, 21:57 (Ref:2565785)   #1215
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mark held his own against Sebastian this year (even if Sebastian seems to have the greater ultimate pace), and considering people were touting Sebastian as a future great before the season began, this can't have done Mark's stock any harm.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 01:53 (Ref:2565891)   #1216
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another vote for beard off.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2566202)   #1217
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The thing that I find interesting about their respective performances this year is that going into the season Webber was known as a qualifying ace, yet he has been comprehensively out-qualified by Vettel.

On the other hand, people said that Mark's race pace was not as good as his qualifying, yet this year it has been much better and at times outstanding. He did a great job last Sunday, for example, even if it was understandably overshadowed by other events.

The concern for Mark is that when Vettel doesn't make mistakes in races or suffer from unreliability he is pretty awesome and can only get better.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2566575)   #1218
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
The concern for Mark is that when Vettel doesn't make mistakes in races or suffer from unreliability he is pretty awesome and can only get better.
Perhaps so, but as with all hot tips for the future, we don't know when they've reached their potential for a while. He may be almost there, or there already.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:08 (Ref:2566582)   #1219
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He may be on the way down!
Maybe.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:16 (Ref:2566589)   #1220
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

What I mean though is that most drivers show their ultimate speed quite early on. They don't get that much quicker, even in F1. This might be as quick as Vettel gets.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2566591)   #1221
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
This might be as quick as Vettel gets.
He doesn't need any more pace - he needs experience and mechanical reliability. More of either and the title could have gone his way this season.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2566594)   #1222
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quite. Better to be quick and reckless. Easier to learn how to calm down than how to be quick.
However, I think Vettel has a lot of rough edges at the moment. Probably not in speed, as you say.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2566620)   #1223
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I certainly wasn't thinking he needed much more speed. I still think the jury's out a bit on him. He's not that much quicker than Webber, who no-one rates as one of the greatest (although I rate him very highly).

Oh dear- I think I just opened that can of worms again.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2566625)   #1224
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
If "he's not much quicker than Webber" then it is no wonder that "no-one rates as one of the greatest".
Old 22 Oct 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2567199)   #1225
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I give that round to Webber as a 10 - 8 over Vettel, with Vettel still ahead on points overall on my judges scorecards.

Final round coming up, and it looks like not even a knock down will be enough to see Webber as the better driver for 2009.

This last one will be for pride.