Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 16 Mar 2010, 01:27 (Ref:2653160)   #101
Vettel in a Williams
Rookie

Scotland
Dundee
Vettel in a Williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was tempted to give it a 1 but I think that is because I am gutted that Hulkenberg spun out spoiling any chances of a points finish for both Williams and Vettel's extreme bad luck after not turning a wrong wheel all weekend.

In the end I plucked for a generous 6. There was some interesting racing and with it being the first race of the season I'm sure many of the teams were using it as a learning curve and we will have an improved race in Melbourne.

Having said that, if I'm wrong, and we continue to see long drawn out processions, I may switch off before the end of the season.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 03:21 (Ref:2653191)   #102
gossie
Rookie

gossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was too late for me to watch here on Sunday night, so I caught up with some of it on last nights replay at a reasonable time.

I don't intend to rate it, but really just wonder the reason the track is even there.
There seemed to be a few people in the stand but no one at all around the track as we would usually see at a motor race anywhere else in the world.
The recent V8 Supercar event was the same without people.
Do the locals not go for a reason? Is one even allowed to leave the stand and take walk around?
Very strange to me and a huge waste of effort in building it. Or are they waiting for it just to pick up one day.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 03:24 (Ref:2653193)   #103
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I feel confident that all the folks involved in F1 will figure out what the problem is sooner or later..
They all know what it is. But they never change it.

Incidentally, I gave it a 7. I actually quite enjoyed it. But I can see the perspective of others. I guess I took the approach long ago to laugh rather than cry at the persistent tinkering and complete lack of doing the obvious.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 03:46 (Ref:2653199)   #104
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
oh sorry, a 2 and only because Alonso won.
The off season was great this year, new teams and a ton of driver changes, too bad the season had to start.
If I didn't already have tickets, flights, and the hotel booked for Montreal I would be very hesitant at this point. Let's hope it improves... Bernie said to give it 4 races.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2653361)   #105
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Oh I would have thought Montreal would still be a good race, and a good atmosphere for that matter!

Selby
Old 16 Mar 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2653384)   #106
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 2 from me. Mainly because i'd seen a humdinger of a Formula Vee race which, for entertainment blew this into the weeds. And i fell asleep while watching the race which i'd recorded.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2653400)   #107
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Invader View Post
i'd seen a humdinger of a Formula Vee race which, for entertainment blew this into the weeds.
That would be Sunday's race then! I was marshalling at Esses & trying to guess which of the 6 leaders would be in front as they came under the bridge. Fantastic!
Old 16 Mar 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2653405)   #108
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
That would be Sunday's race then! I was marshalling at Esses & trying to guess which of the 6 leaders would be in front as they came under the bridge. Fantastic!
It was, i was on Senna in my oranges. Cracking stuff and made Bahrain seem a bit lame. couldve done with some of their sun though!
Old 16 Mar 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2653446)   #109
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I rated the race very high for the standards, despite how a dull race was... because I was amazed to see a race with no refuelling, like it was in my childhood. Hope this could move organizers and teams to solve the overtaking issue.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2653625)   #110
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
[QUOTE=JeremySmith;2653121]I gave this event a 5... I feel confident that all the folks involved in F1 will figure out what the problem is sooner or later..

Jeremy? That is EXACTLY the problem with F1... They'll all huddle round the wind tunnel, and all come up with the same answer.
Stalemate again.

This needs a freeing up of some elements, and a complete ban on others.

Me, I suggest a "Total Energy Consumption" race. Whatever fuel they want, however they want to use it. So long as they use no more than X KWatt Hours during the race.

You never know, they might make green racing exciting. Then again, it IS F1...
Old 16 Mar 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2653641)   #111
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a snooze fest, i ended up watching some paint dry. Ugly cars, featureless, boring track and no atmosphere as the place was empty. Well done guys, your just about to ruin potentially the best season in years.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2653644)   #112
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
That is EXACTLY the problem with F1... They'll all huddle round the wind tunnel, and all come up with the same answer. Stalemate again.
Isn't also part of the problem due to the rigidity of the rules, allowing for very little innovation on the part of the designer?
Old 16 Mar 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2653647)   #113
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 from me...Really not that interesting. Britcar at Brands was much better!
Old 16 Mar 2010, 18:45 (Ref:2653661)   #114
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZzzzz c View Post
nah, the race was a fizzer for me
Gosh, Baz, a 'fizzer'?
If we have an exciting race, you'd better take a tranquiliser beforehand!

Or does that mean something else in NZ?
Old 16 Mar 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2653791)   #115
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Makes watching paint dry look like an extreme sport.

4 World champions and that parade is called a race!

Beyond belief!

wnut
Old 16 Mar 2010, 22:18 (Ref:2653794)   #116
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was like watching paint dry.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2653803)   #117
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They removed the paint off the concrete at Sao Paulo and had a pretty successful race.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 01:58 (Ref:2653897)   #118
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=Tim the Grey;2653625]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I gave this event a 5... I feel confident that all the folks involved in F1 will figure out what the problem is sooner or later..

Jeremy? That is EXACTLY the problem with F1... They'll all huddle round the wind tunnel, and all come up with the same answer.
Stalemate again.

This needs a freeing up of some elements, and a complete ban on others.

Me, I suggest a "Total Energy Consumption" race. Whatever fuel they want, however they want to use it. So long as they use no more than X KWatt Hours during the race.

You never know, they might make green racing exciting. Then again, it IS F1...
Tim..My post was somewhat tongue in check I should have added a *wink*

However they, whoever they are will have to sort out why there is no real racing to speak off..

I am no expert and can't really put my finger on what needs to be changed, but I am not convinced that the blame lies with the circuits, as other series race on them without the overtaking issues that F1 has problems with..
Old 17 Mar 2010, 04:32 (Ref:2653945)   #119
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3. Very boring.

Lets hope Melbourne is more exciting.

Bring it on.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 09:19 (Ref:2654041)   #120
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 from me - the only thing bringing it above a 1 was seeing high speed tyre changes again. Always loved watching them as a nipper.

Dozed off before the end.

If the powers that be are intent on making everything as restricted as possible then at least force the cars to look like Lotus 72s.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2654067)   #121
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Gave it a 2 and that was generous, they need to rethink before every race becomes as boring as this. But to be honest 3 new teams 5 new drivers new regulations and old champions return should have created a classic race so where they go from here is anyones guess.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2654513)   #122
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scores of last weekend:

Hamilton - Button : 1-0
Schumacher - Rosberg : 0-1
Lotus - Virgin : 1-0
F1 - IndyCar : 0-1
Old 20 Mar 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2656904)   #123
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I sacrificed 3 hours sleep to sit up and watch this. After 20 laps I was kicking myself, absolute boring, anyone who thinks that was even mildly entertaining is kidding themselves. Just like someone else asked, when does MotoGP start?

If the season continues in the same vain, I cant see myself watching it in its entirety.

By the way, I gave it a 1.

Last edited by mayhem; 20 Mar 2010 at 23:00. Reason: Score.
Old 20 Mar 2010, 23:40 (Ref:2656925)   #124
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, it's far more entertaining read people's complaint about wasting their time !
Old 20 Mar 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2656935)   #125
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I sacrificed 3 hours sleep to sit up and watch this. After 20 laps I was kicking myself, absolute boring, anyone who thinks that was even mildly entertaining is kidding themselves. Just like someone else asked, when does MotoGP start?

If the season continues in the same vain, I cant see myself watching it in its entirety.

By the way, I gave it a 1.
I went back through my archives and watched a few races from the 1994 CART PPG Championship; that was good racing.