Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 2 Dec 2006, 19:04 (Ref:1780444)   #101
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
When we made a modest profit in the Racing Saloon Car Club which was mostly achieved by doing things for nought, we would purchase something for the club like an Easyup Shelter, club awards, etc. I fail to see why a club needs in excess of a million piunds in its coffers.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 21:36 (Ref:1780506)   #102
barry barnes
Racer

England
West Kingsdown, Kent
barry barnes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom
It COULD help.

Like you said though, at the moment the BRSCC (and the other clubs) seem to be doing NOTHING at the moment which is helping neither themselves or their members. In my mind this is bordering on negligent.

It is fortunate that some of the series have taken it on themselves to do something (eg Mod Prods and Classic Thunder).
BARC SE DTR Championship is another good example of what can be acheived if you want to !!!!, perhaps to low class for the BRSCC who still persist on having Champagne taste and water in the wallet.

Old 2 Dec 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1780507)   #103
barry barnes
Racer

England
West Kingsdown, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
When we made a modest profit in the Racing Saloon Car Club which was mostly achieved by doing things for nought, we would purchase something for the club like an Easyup Shelter, club awards, etc. I fail to see why a club needs in excess of a million piunds in its coffers.
Dont start me on this one Al ????????????????????????????????????
Old 3 Dec 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1780875)   #104
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
750MC are doing quite nicely and well capable of running happily at the MSV circuits. BARC SE too... so wheres the issue - from what I understand MSV are excellent to work with as long as you have a decent series. Worth noting that Vee will celebrate its 40th anniversary at Brands. I started off racing with the BRSCC but switched to 750MC in disgust.

I reallly think British motor racing needs to stop and rethinks itself fundamentally - with the help of key people from the SCCA, IMSA, ACO, ORC and similar. Its worth the MSA spending money to investigate oval racing, US racing etc.. as it would make things better for all of us.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1780919)   #105
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
british motor sport is not structured in a way that we can do things as they do in the states so that will not happen. but you right, british motorsport does need to stop for a rethink. but i think it has to start with the competitors.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1780925)   #106
simes43
Racer

simes43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The average grid size for a BRSCC event at Brands in 2005 was 12 cars. Over the course of one weekend, only 86 cars took part

The average grid for a 750 mc meeting at Brands in 2006 at the same time of year was 28, with 284 cars turning up!

And the BRSCC want to make a profit!
Old 3 Dec 2006, 14:26 (Ref:1780955)   #107
mark77
Rookie

mark77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750 calender

Just seen draft race dates for 750mc next season - looks like less meetings at Brands and Donnington.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 15:50 (Ref:1780978)   #108
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom
It is fortunate that some of the series have taken it on themselves to do something (eg Mod Prods and Classic Thunder).
Surely that is the answer? I use Top Hat and indeed the BARC SE Saloons (whatever they're going to be called next year) as examples. The regs are either based on another championship and in the case of 70's saloons they are CTCRC Group 1 so the cars can race in both, and the championships/series were the result of driver input. The main clubs effectively had nothing to do with them until they were formulated. Driver power?

I should point out that the CTCRC runs great championships and I'm grateful that they are going from strength to strength because one day I'll be back to play with them. Just got to find someone who can pay my rates.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 19:36 (Ref:1781081)   #109
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
750MC are doing quite nicely and well capable of running happily at the MSV circuits. BARC SE too... so wheres the issue - from what I understand MSV are excellent to work with as long as you have a decent series. Worth noting that Vee will celebrate its 40th anniversary at Brands. I started off racing with the BRSCC but switched to 750MC in disgust.
Well you obviously know your facts there Sam!!!

BARC SE don't run their own meetings at MSV circuits we buy grids at the meetings of other clubs as to hire the circuit is too expensive.

Also you say you don't like BRSCC but think that MSV(R?) are good to work with, yet many of the race control staff and that are the same...go figure!!
Old 3 Dec 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1781096)   #110
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Also you say you don't like BRSCC but think that MSV(R?) are good to work with, yet many of the race control staff and that are the same...go figure!!
I don't think that's entirely the case, most of the MSVR team are new to MSV and indeed Brands, there are some familiar faces but David Scott is very firmly in charge and runs things his way which is very different to how things may have happened previously.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1781098)   #111
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Indeed, most of the MSVR staff are ex BRDC and Powertour staff. The only time I see BRSCC staff at MSVR events is when there might be a conflict of interest ie T Cars
Old 3 Dec 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1781102)   #112
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1781105)   #113
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Indeed, most of the MSVR staff are ex BRDC and Powertour staff. The only time I see BRSCC staff at MSVR events is when there might be a conflict of interest ie T Cars
Who in virtually all cases also act as officials for the other major clubs as well......
Old 3 Dec 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1781111)   #114
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
At The Ff Festival I Was Asked To Do The Ford Saloon Race Because
They Had 6 Entries. Last Year I Decided To Do One Of Their Races
And After Practice Was Told It Was To Full , If This Is The Way Some Organisations Treat Drivers Then Can You Blame Us For Not Joining In . As It Was It Would Have Cost Me Over £700 00 If I Did The Race On The Day.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1781128)   #115
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gordon - Is there are reason for every word you send having a capital letter at it's beginning?

Moving swiftly on...

After seeing the new rates for being a racing member of the BRSCC, I'm voting with my wallet, and not bothering.

They can find £170 from someone else (family racing membership), as I'm not likely to be doing an BRSCC championships in the forseable future.

Based on the costs of going to the Autosport show, it's cheaper to pay for the tickets that I need.

A case of "cut one's coat according to one's cloth"

Perhaps the BRSCC should take that phrase to heart, and downsize their HQ to reduce costs, and maybe be able to turn a profit, and thus ensure it's survival.

Rob.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1781200)   #116
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
The regs are either based on another championship and in the case of 70's saloons they are CTCRC Group 1 so the cars can race in both
Why have both? Just one, or the other would not split the entry. Result one booming championship rather than two good ones - I assume they are good, as I don't get to any meetings where they play out.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1781209)   #117
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well for a start they are not the same the Tophat are longer races and I dont want to do long races so will stick with CTCRC. Also both championships get enough entries to stand on their own.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1781215)   #118
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
. As It Was It Would Have Cost Me Over £700 00 If I Did The Race On The Day.[/quote]

how come? the entry for that race was £100 wasnt it?
Old 3 Dec 2006, 22:31 (Ref:1781218)   #119
barry barnes
Racer

England
West Kingsdown, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
Gordon - Is there are reason for every word you send having a capital letter at it's beginning?

Moving swiftly on...

After seeing the new rates for being a racing member of the BRSCC, I'm voting with my wallet, and not bothering.

A case of "cut one's coat according to one's cloth"

Rob.
An old saying from my mother "all fur coat and no knickers" - could sum up the BRSCC god bless them !

Could never understand why BRSCC SE and HQ were not amalgamated because I am sure they are still listed as separate entities - I may be wrong (would not be the first time) still they can sell off their current offices as the new 50 grand a year Comp's Supremo' works from home so at least save on office space.

The BRSCC could then go and talk nicely with JP to forge an alliance take some space at BH and low and behold we have gone full circle !!!!!

Or like everyone else's sensible suggestions is it too simple ????

Unfortunately the BRSCC must wake up to the fact they are not a major player anymore, they are just another club struggling to survive - sad but true ! I liken this to F1 where every team needs a works deal to compete, here every club needs a circuit (even if only to call home)

Old 3 Dec 2006, 23:18 (Ref:1781236)   #120
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
In case you did not know iI was already doing the Heritage that day £600
entry.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 06:22 (Ref:1781330)   #121
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
In case you did not know iI was already doing the Heritage that day £600
entry.
omg! sorry! my bad!
Old 4 Dec 2006, 06:51 (Ref:1781343)   #122
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
I should add that the BRSCC are planning six (two day) meetings at Rockingham, five at Silverstone (2 two day, 1 three day),four at Mallory, two at Pembrey, one each at Anglesey and Croix.
And the F3/GT meetings, that don't run on MSV circiuts But what will happen to Rockingham and SCSA they could just about raise 8-10 cars last year?
Old 4 Dec 2006, 07:54 (Ref:1781386)   #123
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I thought F3/GT were back at MSV circuits next year?
Old 4 Dec 2006, 08:16 (Ref:1781401)   #124
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
Why have both? Just one, or the other would not split the entry. Result one booming championship rather than two good ones - I assume they are good, as I don't get to any meetings where they play out.
They are two different types of event. The CTCRC is a twelve race championship (something that I personally cannot commit too at present) whilst the 70's saloons are a series of longer distance races whereby a driver can enter any sevent he cares to without the need to worry about championship points. (I made this point in your Saloon Car Event thread).
Old 4 Dec 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1781404)   #125
mark77
Rookie

mark77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm considering entering my local rounds of the Ford championship (alongside my normal full series) - would I be expected to pay the full series registration fee and BRSCC membership for the 1 race ?