Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jun 2016, 18:10 (Ref:3653907)   #101
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
must say i am enjoying both the serious and less serious back and forth 'flame war' between the two camps...
Definitely in the less serious camp...
Old 20 Jun 2016, 18:19 (Ref:3653912)   #102
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's one (non-serious) viewpoint from a neutral observer...

Ricciardo - Qualified 2nd, finished 7th, net loss five places
Verstappen - Qualified 9th, finished 8th, net gain one place.

Who improved most and therefore had a better race?

We need more light hearted threads like this
Old 20 Jun 2016, 22:33 (Ref:3653978)   #103
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Message to Max fans. Welcome to Danielzone
The Danielzone; slumping from a sparkling second to a slovenly seventh.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 23:06 (Ref:3653992)   #104
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The Danielzone; slumping from a sparkling second to a slovenly seventh.
Yet still ahead of Maxi Taxi.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 23:42 (Ref:3653997)   #105
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yet still ahead of Maxi Taxi.
He's a rookie. A ROOKIE! It's his first year! He hasn't even done ONE year! Not ONE! He shouldn't know what a steering wheel is!

He should be squinting whilst Dan disappears into the distance. He should be bursting into tears over the pressure the media puts on him. He should be just getting acclimated to riding a bicycle without stabilisers.

Instead he's tickling "the badgers" underbelly and doing so with some style. How far did Dan finish ahead of Max again in that last race? What was that? I can't hear you! A second? A second!

Dan, a seasoned veteran slumped from a sparkling second place starting spot to a sombre seventh. To quote Donald Trump - "Sad!!"

Why at this very minute, DM is probably giving both him and Horner a jolly good thrashing with his riding crop in his Austrian Alpine retreat. I know I would. Meanwhile it's another courtesy crate of Red Bull winging its way to Amsterdam for the cream of the Red Bull crop: Max Verstappen.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 01:47 (Ref:3654036)   #106
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
He's a rookie. A ROOKIE! It's his first year! He hasn't even done ONE year! Not ONE! He shouldn't know what a steering wheel is!
Unless the definition of rookie has changed you may want to recheck your facts.

Not a big deal Paradise City, just a simple rookie mistake.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 02:26 (Ref:3654047)   #107
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

He should be squinting whilst Dan disappears into the distance. He should be bursting into tears over the pressure the media puts on him. He should be just getting acclimated to riding a bicycle without stabilisers.

Instead he's tickling "the badgers" underbelly and doing so with some style. How far did Dan finish ahead of Max again in that last race? What was that? I can't hear you! A second? A second!

Dan, a seasoned veteran slumped from a sparkling second place starting spot to a sombre seventh. To quote Donald Trump - "Sad!!"

Why at this very minute, DM is probably giving both him and Horner a jolly good thrashing with his riding crop in his Austrian Alpine retreat. I know I would. Meanwhile it's another courtesy crate of Red Bull winging its way to Amsterdam for the cream of the Red Bull crop: Daniel Ricciardo.

I agree.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 02:27 (Ref:3654048)   #108
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
My goodness, the years are flying by.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 02:34 (Ref:3654050)   #109
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
I agree.
If you're readin' and believing that I think someone has spiked your Red Bull.

Old 21 Jun 2016, 05:57 (Ref:3654070)   #110
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Unless the definition of rookie has changed you may want to recheck your facts.

Not a big deal Paradise City, just a simple rookie mistake.

Beginners luck.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 09:50 (Ref:3654112)   #111
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Why at this very minute, DM is probably giving both him and Horner a jolly good thrashing with his riding crop in his Austrian Alpine retreat. I know I would.
genuinely considering putting you in time out for this mental image.

where shall we send the therapists invoices?
Old 21 Jun 2016, 14:43 (Ref:3654184)   #112
peterelise
Racer

peterelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Max is still winning the battle in the races (where it counts):

Spain:
VES +3 places - RIC -1 place

Monaco:
VES +3 places - RIC -1 places

Canada:
VES +1 place - RIC -3 places

Baku:
VES +1 place - RIC -4 places
All this analysis about who loses places and gains places is all very interesting but finishing order and points is all that counts. It is also worth noting that if you are out-qualifying your team mate by (so far) an average of 7 places (yes that's right, seven places) then you might expect the person qualifying lower to have an easy job of gaining a place or two. And all that is without resorting to looking at how Daniel might have fared if given the better strategy in Spain or if his team had some tyres ready for him when he pitted in Monaco. By the way, I'm not sure how you have Max gaining 3 places in Monaco given he crashed out and wasn't classified as a finisher.

Having said all that, race finishing order is two a-piece at present with Dan having 1 more point than Max so they are indeed very close at present and I am thoroughly enjoying watching this battle.

The Max fans will point out he is a "rookie" (even though he isn't ) and that Dan should be further ahead. The Dan fans (and I'm one) will point out that Dan is doing way better against Max than anyone anticipated and his average time margin in qualifying is 0.78 secs (excluding Monaco where Max didn't set a meaningful time). Max is of course saying that he is still learning the car and adjusting to the better handling that it possesses relative to his Torro Rosso (which may well be true) but I suspect that Max and his fan club are thinking this is the first time in his short career that he has come up against some one as quick as Dan.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 17:10 (Ref:3654242)   #113
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterelise View Post
By the way, I'm not sure how you have Max gaining 3 places in Monaco given he crashed out and wasn't classified as a finisher.
In order to use any stats possible, to continue with the absurdity of this thread, I have taken the finishing list as published on Wikipedia. Max is put 18th on the list.

(Yes, I know he was technically a NC - but that wouldn't work for the continuation of this 'debate'. I also didn't publish points as Dan has 1 more than Max so far as team-mates. A serious point would be that they are both close in championship results as team-mates, but where's the fun in stating that they are both very good and leaving it at that?)
Old 21 Jun 2016, 22:24 (Ref:3654317)   #114
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In order to use any stats possible, to continue with the absurdity of this thread, I have taken the finishing list as published on Wikipedia. Max is put 18th on the list.

(Yes, I know he was technically a NC - but that wouldn't work for the continuation of this 'debate'. I also didn't publish points as Dan has 1 more than Max so far as team-mates. A serious point would be that they are both close in championship results as team-mates, but where's the fun in stating that they are both very good and leaving it at that?)
This thread rocks. best ever.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 14:16 (Ref:3656526)   #115
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

I don't think we will hear much from FAS33 and other Ricciardo fanboys....
Old 3 Jul 2016, 15:17 (Ref:3656569)   #116
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Always nice to be quicker over one lap in qualifying.....haha not!
IT IS THE RACE RESULTS THAT COUNT!
Old 3 Jul 2016, 16:55 (Ref:3656614)   #117
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Of course you will, it's called trolling...

Max pantsed Dan today, no question.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3656619)   #118
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Wouldn't want to misconstrue that comment. He beat him fair and square though.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3656628)   #119
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
Of course you will, it's called trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
Max pantsed Dan today, no question.
Overtook him early in the race, faster laptimes whole race and 2nd on the podium. Clear victory for Verstappen.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 17:22 (Ref:3656632)   #120
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Max was better today. It's still close between them in the WDC. It'll be interesting to see who beats who overall in that, at the end of the season.

It'll also be interesting to see if Danny pulls off another win.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 17:39 (Ref:3656641)   #121
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
The honey badger has put his snout in the Verstappen beehive and has now come out the worse for wear.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 19:07 (Ref:3656713)   #122
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Bigger nuts.....
Old 3 Jul 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3656775)   #123
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
max will outscore riciardo despite driving an inferior car for the first 4 races of the season.
it will be the second season in a row when riciardo is outscored by a teammate too.
peaked too early?
Old 3 Jul 2016, 22:34 (Ref:3656785)   #124
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well played to Mr Verstappen. Good result in Austria.

The real problem here is that it isn't like either pilot is WDC material this season, the Red Bull, or more especially its Tag Heuer (lack of) powerplant that is still in the way of this team being a competitive proposition everywhere.

Its like they pick up the crumbs when someone else falls over...
Old 3 Jul 2016, 23:19 (Ref:3656793)   #125
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
You lot were quiet last few weeks lol. Still here bud. Max Crashtappen still trails Dan in points. That's all that matters.