Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2376255)   #126
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
That was an "r" you used there wasn't it?
Yes Sir!
Old 21 Jan 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2376314)   #127
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Thought you'd miss spelt it.
Old 21 Jan 2009, 22:46 (Ref:2376451)   #128
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
You can go off people Mallett.Just getting a new fuel tank made for the Galaxie so we dont run out again. You and your MGB mate aint going to be any where near us this year.
Old 22 Jan 2009, 03:10 (Ref:2376551)   #129
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I should hope not! We'll be a lot further up the grid this year!
Old 22 Jan 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2376789)   #130
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I should hope not! We'll be a lot further up the grid this year!

Yeah ,well,nuff said!
Old 22 Jan 2009, 13:42 (Ref:2376811)   #131
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
By the way the Compte's Elite is now ready. So just waiting for time and place for the showdown between us and an MGB.
Old 22 Jan 2009, 14:17 (Ref:2376843)   #132
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
By the way the Compte's Elite is now ready. So just waiting for time and place for the showdown between us and an MGB.
Problem now is you've got that much extra weight now with the new cage.Dont worry though,I'll fit a bigger towing eye on the back to give you a tow.

Last edited by terence; 22 Jan 2009 at 14:22.
Old 22 Jan 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2376878)   #133
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Terence, The weight of the roll cage is the least of our worries. This has been probably the worst time of year for us Frenchmen in the wine trade allied with Noel. I am now so fat that my chauffeur doesn't drive me to the office; he rolls me!
Old 22 Jan 2009, 15:17 (Ref:2376881)   #134
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Iain said you were a barrel of laughs.
I'm sure you will achieve a suitable svelte build once again Compte.Besides,Iain has put on mass's of weight since last season.
Old 23 Jan 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2377937)   #135
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Probaly get into trouble with this one as im on a yellow and this has nothing to do with historic racing today.Did you here and see the news today no not that about telling us we were in recesion"first I knew about it ". No it was a bunch of Italian Job film buffs who had a competition about what great idea that bloke Charlie had as the bus loaded with gold was balancing over a cliff.The winner came up with the plan to drain the fuel out of the bus so then the loss of the deisel would let the bus sit back down on the ground. So where are the fuel tanks if at the front or middle then that would make matters worse,if at the back then someone would have to crawl to the back move the gold' lift up the floor' and have the correct tools to drain the fuel.As we all know one slightest move and the gold starting slipping to the back of the bus so that idea i recon was no good.Any idea's im just borred waiting for Tuesday when we fly of to SA and some Historic Motor Sport.Think ive just got away with red card.
Old 24 Jan 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2378123)   #136
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You're not on a 'yellow'; if you were, it would be official. Stop trying to wear it like a (non!) badge of honour; tut, just like a kid with an ASBO! This is, in any event, the 'lighter' side. However, I'd have preferred it better if you had posted it before you'd been at the grape juice; I might have understood more of it then!
Old 24 Jan 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2378132)   #137
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
That comp was in the Telegraph. And Michael Caine suggested they'd keep the engine running to drain the tanks rather than crawl back and do it manually.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2387293)   #138
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
All this flying Peter well at least i have finnished Peter Walton Capri book. Very well writen. Been asking around for the Cologne Capri in ZA but no luck yet. The Gunstan Capri was at Zwartcops and ive taken some pics for you.
We went back to the track on Sunday to oversee the loading of the cars and the historic bikes were there organised by Phil Reed. Dont know much about bike racers but they were all having a brilliant time.Great atmosphere and seeing all the old bikers with their original leathers that dont fit anymore doing parade laps but off corse as soon as they got on track all started racing and having fun.At one point a guy on an old Vincent was warming up his bike with mechanics hovering around and being filmed what a noise "brilliant". Anyway one off the mechanics noticed a fuel leak from the tank that was dripping onto the exhaust ,they all had a good look then the rider shrugged his shoulders pulled the clutch in ,kicked the bike into gear and shot off out on to the track.Crackers! comes to mind then most bike racers are , but also very freindly i got lots of autgraphs in my Paddy Driver book ive just bought.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2387322)   #139
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
All this flying Peter well at least i have finnished Peter Walton Capri book.
Glad you enjoyed it, however Jeremy Walton's book might have been more suitable.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 12:26 (Ref:2387355)   #140
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I thought that Peters version had more info though.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2387430)   #141
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ive been up since 7am yesterday and no sleep.Sat next to hot chick on plane who fell asleep then started snoring.Before yoy lot say anything about me boring her with motor racing i did not say a word.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 14:18 (Ref:2387450)   #142
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Ive been up since 7am yesterday and no sleep.Sat next to hot chick on plane who fell asleep then started snoring.Before yoy lot say anything about me boring her with motor racing i did not say a word.

You sure??
Old 3 Feb 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2387469)   #143
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Sat next to hot chick on plane who fell asleep then started snoring"

There is so much that a Frenchman might observe but sometimes saying nothing, (so goes the Charentais proverb) maintains a friendship more than words.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2387479)   #144
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
are you saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
Old 3 Feb 2009, 15:00 (Ref:2387484)   #145
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no he's saying best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open your mouth and prove it........I think.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 15:27 (Ref:2387497)   #146
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
What I am saying is that the hot chick fell asleep and snored when faced with the alternative of conversing with Delta. Res Ipsa Loquitor. The French proverb actually means that sometimes you can fall out with friends by stating your opinion rather than keeping quiet!

I hope that Iain is not too offended by my attempt at wit
Old 3 Feb 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2387511)   #147
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I doubt it Compt,too busy thinking about his "Hot Chick".I have to ask,Was it from Kentucky?
Old 27 Feb 2009, 15:39 (Ref:2405472)   #148
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I have a great one of Britney Spears if that's any good?
Old 27 Feb 2009, 16:32 (Ref:2405492)   #149
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
I have a great one of Britney Spears if that's any good?
I double dog dare you to post them on this thread!
Old 27 Feb 2009, 16:37 (Ref:2405498)   #150
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Only if it helps Terry.