Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 May 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3072912)   #126
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...mazda-raceway/

Muscle Milk sailed to the pole of course

Level 5 on top 1-2 because Conquest had suspension failure in final practice, they're trying to forge the broken part at a local shop to try and make tomorrow's race. Dempsey in P3 though

AMR on GT pole as mentioned, #4 Corvette P2, #55 BMW P3 (!), #45 Porsche P4 Also, AJR tried the 2012 engine in the Lotus but it broke down in first practice so they switched back to the 2011 engine again

RSR with another pole, but can they use this one effectively? Core Autosport still looking like the best overall with P2

Green Hornet Racing with pole, looking very healthy for the rest of the championship this year. TRG is hungry behind them though, P2 and P3 in GTC.
Old 12 May 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3072974)   #127
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
AMR on pole ..... fantastic news
Old 12 May 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3072994)   #128
haribo
Racer

haribo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit disappointed with Dyson. Muscle Milk are soooo much faster that they'll disappear into the distance in no time! In fact the Dyson Lola is only 0.5s faster than the Level 5 HPDs so they might have to watch themselves from the P2s at this rate!

Loved watching Montagny in the HPD in qualifying. He was really throwing it around, but Bochut just edged it.

GT is very close. No idea what will happen but I'll going to stick my neck out for a Corvette victory.
Old 12 May 2012, 12:15 (Ref:3073000)   #129
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Differance being , both the P1 and P2 HPD are turnkey chassis , the Lola isnt . Makes a big differance imo .
Old 12 May 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3073004)   #130
haribo
Racer

haribo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Differance being , both the P1 and P2 HPD are turnkey chassis , the Lola isnt . Makes a big differance imo .
Turnkey or not, I'm still disappointed that they're 1.8s off the Muscle Milk
Old 12 May 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3073007)   #131
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
Turnkey or not, I'm still disappointed that they're 1.8s off the Muscle Milk
if you think well, there is nothing new; when in 2010 highcroft used the arx-01c, the honda car was too much faster than all the other lmp1 and lmp2 lola coupè; so really nothing new. Last year cytosport used the lola aston that was a good car but at the end of the development and more than once suffered of reliability/burning problems.
About GT i'm surprised that #56 bmw wasn't able to run for the pole, 8 months ago joy hand was able to run in 1.22.2
Old 12 May 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3073008)   #132
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...mazda-raceway/

RSR with another pole, but can they use this one effectively?
Sure...as a long as a certain someone doesn't muck things up...
Old 12 May 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3073022)   #133
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
How you figure? Dyson is allegedly a professional race shop, they've run this engine for what, 5 years and the chassis is just an evolution of the same platform they've run the past 3-4 years.

Cytosport is a smaller shop, and this is a completely brand new setup for them this year, despite that they're light years quicker than the Dysons. They were faster at Sebring, they absolutely trounced Dyson at Long Beach, and they're 2 seconds quicker here.

Granted, because Muscle Milk didn't make 70% at Sebring and the ALMS point system is so horrendously broken Dyson has already pretty much clinched the title for the year, so it's all sort of for not.
Old 12 May 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3073035)   #134
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
How you figure? Dyson is allegedly a professional race shop, they've run this engine for what, 5 years and the chassis is just an evolution of the same platform they've run the past 3-4 years.
The new Lola is a significant update (new aero concept at the front, revised suspension to fit the wide front tyres) and this is the first year for Dunlop with the wide front tyres.
Old 12 May 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3073066)   #135
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post

Cytosport is a smaller shop, and this is a completely brand new setup for them this year, despite that they're light years quicker than the Dysons. They were faster at Sebring, they absolutely trounced Dyson at Long Beach, and they're 2 seconds quicker here.

Granted, because Muscle Milk didn't make 70% at Sebring and the ALMS point system is so horrendously broken Dyson has already pretty much clinched the title for the year, so it's all sort of for not.
You may be thinking of last years sebring. This year Muscle Milk was running 3rd overall till last pit stop and the car had a fueling problem and retired. So they made well over the 70% this year
Old 12 May 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3073069)   #136
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
You may be thinking of last years sebring. This year Muscle Milk was running 3rd overall till last pit stop and the car had a fueling problem and retired. So they made well over the 70% this year
And right now they're tied 40-40 on points, so if MM beat Dyson at Laguna, they'll be ahead in the series points.
Old 12 May 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3073084)   #137
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My personal opinion is Chris Dyson is about a half-step behind the Pickett Racing drivers and the Mazda motor probably isn't as strong as the HPD. But that is purely based on observations and biases.

How Dyson was so out of the ballpark on setup this weekend? There is no excuse. Hopefully they've made another step forward with their setup overnight.

And as for Pickett Racing, though they are a newer team by the end of 2010 the team was already championship calibre. Were I wealthy enough, I'd much rather spend my money on being Pickett's third car than Dyson's.

Chris
Old 12 May 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3073095)   #138
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think Dyson messed up on their timing in qualifying after the red flag in the middle of the middle of the P1/P2 session. Also, I'm wondering if the Dunlops take another lap or two to come up to temp/pressure, which with that red flag, would have hosed Dyson really going for pole.
Old 12 May 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3073099)   #139
thudnuts
Rookie

United States
Columbia, SC
thudnuts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the NGT boys? Must be still reeling from the Sebring crash.
Old 12 May 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3073103)   #140
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I think Dyson messed up on their timing in qualifying after the red flag in the middle of the middle of the P1/P2 session. Also, I'm wondering if the Dunlops take another lap or two to come up to temp/pressure, which with that red flag, would have hosed Dyson really going for pole.
disagree, also in practice session 2 the arx-03a has been more than 2 seconds faster than the lola dyson.
Old 12 May 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3073117)   #141
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Someone has planned a wedding with a "dry" reception, from rumors I heard, that I being forced to attend tonight.

Thinking of being "that guy" with Tune in Radio and T&S mobile. Twelve hours of racing in two weeks time, and I MAY see an hour or two of it .

Should be a good show in GT as standard.
Old 12 May 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3073122)   #142
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Someone has planned a wedding with a "dry" reception, from rumors I heard, that I being forced to attend tonight.

Thinking of being "that guy" with Tune in Radio and T&S mobile. Twelve hours of racing in two weeks time, and I MAY see an hour or two of it .

Should be a good show in GT as standard.
good but altered by bop if we talk about vantage's performance... did porsche receive some bop gift this year too by IMSA?
Old 12 May 2012, 19:01 (Ref:3073156)   #143
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
good but altered by bop if we talk about vantage's performance... did porsche receive some bop gift this year too by IMSA?
I'm really unconcerned with the BoP. This class has been a snowball of BoP since at least '08. With new entries, new cars and various upgrades requiring waivers and the like for homologation the ACO lost control of the class ages ago and I think IMSA in particular has done a good job at managing the rules and making everyone reasonably happy and competitive.

Amongst forum goers it seems balance of performance is the complaint du jours. In 07 we were angry with the ACO's diesel-petrol equivalency, 08 we were offended that a gentleman driver would dare enter P1 in ACO racing or the ALMS at all, in '09 Scott Atherton was the enemy, in '10 the ALMS had no future and the 2011 P2 rules were stupid, in '11 Don Panoz was about to sell everything and IMSA was about to divorce the ACO and now BoP is murdering babies. Quite frankly, we're idiots. Myself most certainly included.

Chris
Old 12 May 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3073166)   #144
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
I'm really unconcerned with the BoP. This class has been a snowball of BoP since at least '08. With new entries, new cars and various upgrades requiring waivers and the like for homologation the ACO lost control of the class ages ago and I think IMSA in particular has done a good job at managing the rules and making everyone reasonably happy and competitive.

Amongst forum goers it seems balance of performance is the complaint du jours. In 07 we were angry with the ACO's diesel-petrol equivalency, 08 we were offended that a gentleman driver would dare enter P1 in ACO racing or the ALMS at all, in '09 Scott Atherton was the enemy, in '10 the ALMS had no future and the 2011 P2 rules were stupid, in '11 Don Panoz was about to sell everything and IMSA was about to divorce the ACO and now BoP is murdering babies. Quite frankly, we're idiots. Myself most certainly included.

Chris
i instead think that IMSA was the only one that found the right compromise to balance diesel and petrol car in the past, until audi start on lobbying with IMSA when rs spyder started to win races beating audi cars for the overall victory. I know that the vantage runs with the same ACO shamefull bop values. I just ask my self if also in ALMS this year, the 997 run with 1210kg while ferrari, corvette and bmw with 1260kg,
Old 12 May 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3073171)   #145
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
First stupid question of the day: will the video streaming on the ALMS website be available in the UK or is it locked down?

As always it looks very unpromising from their website.
Old 12 May 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3073176)   #146
alexkiller8
Veteran

yesterday i watched the qualifying session on ALMS site and streaming was working fine (i live in europe, so you too shouldn't have problems).
Old 12 May 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3073193)   #147
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ALMS stream link please
Old 12 May 2012, 20:09 (Ref:3073200)   #148
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the one?Seems there's no live steam at the moment, please post the right link if it's not the one below.

http://www.alms.com/alms-tv
Old 12 May 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3073206)   #149
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Your guess is as good as mine... It really shouldn't be this difficult for those of us who take an interest in the sport to find the coverage, let alone a casual fan or encouraging new people to follow the sport.
Old 12 May 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3073208)   #150
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
http://www.alms.com/camera/live-broadcast

It's the core American audience that is locked out! Thanks ESPN!!!

Chris