Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who'll do better in 2014?
Alonso 7 36.84%
Räikkönen 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:04 (Ref:3394925)   #126
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would it be fair to conclude that Raikkonen is well and truly getting whipped by Alonso - so far?

The expected duel between the two has failed to eventuate thus far. Shame - as it was something I was really looking forward to in 2014.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3394937)   #127
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kimi off the pace with cosy contract, quick teammate and dire car combination shock.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 15:48 (Ref:3395050)   #128
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
If this continues, I'm affraid we will see the end of Kimi after this year....
Old 19 Apr 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3395052)   #129
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Would it be fair to conclude that Raikkonen is well and truly getting whipped by Alonso - so far?

Yep. As I expected, tbh.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 23:55 (Ref:3395301)   #130
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yep. As I expected, tbh.
I'm part of the 63.16% who voted the other way around. Was expecting (hoping really) that Raikkonen would take it to Alonso. There's still time for Kimi to get his act together.

Some are saying Kimi has to get used to the car blah, blah. But so does Alonso. Nothing about the 2014 car is the same as the 2013 car - so both are in a completely new car.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 01:13 (Ref:3395313)   #131
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Some are saying Kimi has to get used to the car blah, blah. But so does Alonso. Nothing about the 2014 car is the same as the 2013 car - so both are in a completely new car.
It is safe to assume that the 2014 car was designed with Alonso's interests in mind. Kimi and Fernando have different driving styles and the car may be more favourable for Alonso since it is geared towards his driving style.

It's only been 3 races after tomorrow. Still plenty of time for Kimi to challenge Fernando.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 02:16 (Ref:3395316)   #132
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I (as well as countless others on this forum) fully expect Kimi to destroy Alonso. He did out qualify Alonso at the previous race.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3395360)   #133
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I (as well as countless others on this forum) fully expect Kimi to destroy Alonso. He did out qualify Alonso at the previous race.
Yes. But why?!?
Old 20 Apr 2014, 08:41 (Ref:3395410)   #134
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can see absolutely zero evidence for that conclusion at present Pete - I know your support for Kimi, but even you must be concerned. The chances of Kimi 'destroying' Alonso are pretty remote, IMO.....
Old 20 Apr 2014, 08:47 (Ref:3395416)   #135
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Almost a minute behind Alonso at the finish today....
Old 20 Apr 2014, 10:00 (Ref:3395457)   #136
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Kimi and Fernando have different driving styles and the car may be more favourable for Alonso since it is geared towards his driving style.
Huh?? I'm no expert, but I believe the cars have the ability to be set up to suit a particular driver and/or his driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
It's only been 3 races after tomorrow. Still plenty of time for Kimi to challenge Fernando.
I'm no expert, but I believe after tomorrow it's been four races, not three.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3395630)   #137
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Huh?? I'm no expert, but I believe the cars have the ability to be set up to suit a particular driver and/or his driving style.

I'm no expert, but I believe after tomorrow it's been four races, not three.
The overall design of the car was produced with Alonso's driving style in mind.

Yes, four races, not three, my mistake. Still, the point stands.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3395665)   #138
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Come on. Whatever the direction of the design, and I find that dubious, he was a minute behind.

I don't doubt there are things he has to adapt to. But he has been at Ferrari before and this generation of cars is very different.

He is simply performing woefully. So far at least. I had a bad feeling about his return.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 16:00 (Ref:3395772)   #139
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't remember on which board I saw most of it at, but I remember a lot of talk about how Kimi was going to challenge Alonso. I never expected it, always figuring Alonso was definitely the superior of the two and, importantly, more passionate about it. So far this season, I've been right and all that talk of Kimi giving Fernando a run for his money was a bunch of hot air. It still feels to me like Kimi got his championship win and then just didn't have it in him any longer.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 17:25 (Ref:3395871)   #140
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finnish TV raporter and Journalist Jari Porttila: Ferrari has its own closed testing tack at Maranello. Now Kimi should go there and test the parts. I know the rules but Ferrari knows how to bypass those.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3395888)   #141
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I thought Alonso was the more complete driver but still thought Kimi would be closer, much closer than he has been.
He did a great job at Lotus with a team trying to fight back so what is going on at Ferrari?

I think he may be struggling with adapting to the car and getting it to work the way he wants it. Part of that may be engineering and some of that may be down to the team.
But he hasn't forgotten how to drive and we are not seeing his full potential.

At Ferrari he seemed to have fallen asleep after his title until Massa had the head injury and suddenly he stepped up.

Is he fully motivated?

Last edited by Teretonga; 20 Apr 2014 at 18:16.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3395903)   #142
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So far, this season supports my long held opinion that Kimi is a Massa-level driver (which is no insult, Massa is my favorite driver ATM) that has been flattered in the past by weak teammates and fast cars. I'm sure he'll be much closer to Alonso in some races, and maybe even beat him a few times, but I feel he's just not on Alonso's level when all is said and done.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3395935)   #143
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Alonso has consistently been ahead of the car even back to his Minardi days.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3395936)   #144
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is he fully motivated?? What kind of question is that? He more motivated than ever! Too bad he didn't get the chance to run the car in P1 and lost valuable track time due to technical issues. Of course the rain hampered things in qualifying and I will admit (as much as it causes me physical pain....like losing does to Ron Dennis...to do so , Kimi is not on the top of the list when it comes to rain.

http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/raikk...tion-039-96518
Old 20 Apr 2014, 21:27 (Ref:3395978)   #145
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its funny how one-sided all the big TM battles are so far. Alonso, Hamilton and Riciardo are mopping the floor with their team-mates right now.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 23:54 (Ref:3396019)   #146
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When Kimi first returned to Lotus it did take him a while to get the car he needed under him. Braking anf frontbend feel seems to he something you often read Kimi is chasing.

In F1 I always find it odd that people jump to extremes when the sport is all about the smallest of margins/things making you surrender pace.

Kimi is an amazing talent...to better Alonso he is going to have to work off track to get tge results he wants on track
Old 21 Apr 2014, 00:53 (Ref:3396029)   #147
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
He did a great job at Lotus with a team trying to fight back so what is going on at Ferrari?
I believe at Lotus, he was yet to be paid.
I believe at Ferrari, he's already been paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Is he fully motivated?
See above.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 00:57 (Ref:3396030)   #148
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What's more disappointing is that Kimi wasn't even that held up in China. He spent the first stint in traffic, but so did Alonso. For most of the race both he and Kimi were in clean air, and Alonso was consistently a lot faster than Kimi. Ricciardo may have beaten Vettel by 24 secs, but the gap between Alonso/Kimi was double that.

Kimi was well and truly dominated by Alonso at China. I do hope this doesn't continue...
Old 21 Apr 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3396060)   #149
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Surely it's much simpler than this?

Kimi struggled to put Massa away when they were teammates and there was rarely much daylight between them pace wise. Masaa seemed the more fired up but Kimi ground out the results and was pretty consistent which is how he won the '07 title.

Alonso, however fairly annihilated Felipe although I still suspect Massa had the rough end of the strategies and freedom to do his own thing.

There will still be days this year when Kimi will be in the frame but it won't be to the same extent as Fernando. I'm even wondering if Ferrari are already throwing their development weight behinf one car.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 19:06 (Ref:3396351)   #150
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I think Kimi has more important things on his mind these days

http://f1.imgci.com/PICTURES/CMS/24200/24247.jpg