Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will replace Bairdo in the main series seat at TKR in 2005?
Andy Booth 1 1.23%
Fabian Coulthard 11 13.58%
John McIntyre 2 2.47%
Alan Gurr 14 17.28%
Matt Halliday 2 2.47%
Andrew Jones 1 1.23%
Mark Porter 20 24.69%
Paul Radisich 19 23.46%
Jason Richards 1 1.23%
Simon Wills 2 2.47%
Alex Yoong 4 4.94%
Anybody else? 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Oct 2004, 07:32 (Ref:1126480)   #126
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But would he get one GTR?????
Old 17 Oct 2004, 08:08 (Ref:1126493)   #127
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its not impossible... there are opportunities in this series that are not fully funded at the moment... an influx of sponsor support has the potential to swing the driver decision towards Mr Porter...

... if it actually comes to that...
Old 17 Oct 2004, 08:55 (Ref:1126504)   #128
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Both of you should know this anyway
Old 21 Oct 2004, 11:53 (Ref:1130522)   #129
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gee, for something so important to TKR, we havent seen activity on this thread for 4 days... unlike the Jason Bright thread, which I reckon is 1/2 full of one poster's postings

Anyways... crystal ball time...

... its getting foggy, the old ball... (No Not Angus Fogg!) I can see some sheep in a paddock... and the Team Kiwi car...

... but sadly no more, and no less...

...suffice to say one of the 3 top contenders from this pole should be announced very soon in this seat...
Old 21 Oct 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1130666)   #130
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gurr is a special even money
Old 21 Oct 2004, 19:49 (Ref:1131032)   #131
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
...suffice to say one of the 3 top contenders from this pole should be announced very soon in this seat...
Are you sure? How do you know? Could It be someone from left field? Indy will be interesting....................
Old 21 Oct 2004, 21:25 (Ref:1131180)   #132
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by Also a Believer
Gurr is a special even money
Perhaps not... plenty of other talent around, previously thought unavailable, but making itself well known to the TKR operatives...

I would suggest (even though my Sgt Shultz hat is well and truly on) than an announcement is imminent...
Old 21 Oct 2004, 21:27 (Ref:1131182)   #133
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If what GTR says is right, and using an unbiased process of known facts and elimination, the top 3 are Porter, the Rodent, and Gurr.

Evo clearly posted his analysis on one of those. TKR work closely with a certain QLD team whose driver was scathing, to be polite, of one of the others.

That really leaves only one choice.

The more outside runners may be:
>Johnny Mac, though he has been with TKR before and now isn't
>Fabian Coulthard, but he has told half of NZ that he is the 2nd driver of Tasman and no doubt will be the talk of the North Island Karting Champs this weekend. Fabian's Carrera Cup drive was paid for by a Kiwi. He did do well though.
>Matt Halliday, who want to drive single seaters, but will jump in a Porsche or anything else that he doesn't have to pay for.
>Alex Yoong, who is a rank outsider, although stranger and dafter things have happened before. I would rate Alex as a Wild Card for the seat....up there with Leo the Lion or Floyd the Pink Flamingo...quite an outside chance.

Most of the others on the poll are either in safe seats or are ex-TKR at some level

I could be miles out, but just tried to work through the scenario with some logic.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 00:28 (Ref:1132540)   #134
Rookie

304 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris Amon, with support from Toyota NZ
Old 23 Oct 2004, 08:09 (Ref:1132693)   #135
fordo
Racer

fordo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porter may have been slower at Bathurst but he got it up to 16th didn't he so there must have been a lot of slower drivers or problems that put a lot of good cars behind him. Its very rare to see him withdraw from a race due to car damage and who has been consistantly in the top 3 in the Konica series - Porter. There have been a lot of "faster"drivers at various rounds that flew off the track leaving him to pick up the points and how good really is his car in comparison to say the ex HRT car that was always in the wars. Has his driving in other classes previously in NZ left a bad feeling or something? I honestly dont know which is why I am asking. As Evo said no one has said why he should get the drive but no one has said why he shouldn't either. At least he is loyal.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 08:40 (Ref:1132721)   #136
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Does the lack of Hyundai Construction Equipment signage on the TKR car this weekend tell us anything?
Old 23 Oct 2004, 10:40 (Ref:1132827)   #137
Just Do It!
Veteran

Quite possibly, GTR. But from the pics, it appears that More FM and BNT have stepped up to the mark quickly.

The shunt certainly won't have helped the situation, but it seems more interesting things are yet to come.

One has to wonder, given events of the past day or so, if Mr Gurr is suddenly in favour at SER, especially since SER has carried Konica Minolta signage before.

Time will tell....
Old 23 Oct 2004, 12:02 (Ref:1132874)   #138
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve was sponsored by Konica during the 1997 series when he was in the Gibson run HYL program, but was Mr Gurr the Cheif at Konica then?
Old 23 Oct 2004, 13:38 (Ref:1132920)   #139
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Konica was on the Ellery car at same tame Gurr was at the helm.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 23:50 (Ref:1133259)   #140
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Not totally correct, Mr Gurr Sr is now MD of Konica Minolta, as opposed to the previous role as National Sales Manager with the same group.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 07:21 (Ref:1133447)   #141
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Team Non-Kiwi Racing a better bet for a driver then?
Old 24 Oct 2004, 07:39 (Ref:1133464)   #142
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont forget David John is actually an Aussie, and if the K1W1 companies dont want to support the program to a suitable level, and someone who has a bit of cash appears over the horizon (literally) why would you not go that way. How much would the Rat charge for the season 5/600K?

Seems prety simple to me
Old 24 Oct 2004, 07:47 (Ref:1133472)   #143
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that if the Rat is available TKR should consider him seriously. He is a seasoned driver and no mug. They need that to keep the team going forward.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:02 (Ref:1133496)   #144
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Only as long as the team is based in Qld...
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:07 (Ref:1133503)   #145
Just Do It!
Veteran

The Rat, The Rat, The Rat....how long have I been singing his praises now??

Anyway, that aside....I think $500-600k is quite a bit too rich. Unless you are talking his repair bill?

The Rodent would help build on a great little TKR and also KEEP IT KIWI....something I have chanted about for a long time. The boss isn't a Kiwi, and his sponsors may say that it's irrelevant, but really...come on....it matters!
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:11 (Ref:1133509)   #146
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And why does TKR need to pay Mr Radisich?

If the stories are accurate, his entourage of personal deals could allow Mr Radisich to drive for next to nothing and still be a megaearner

The team still needs to be based in Queensland though
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:20 (Ref:1133515)   #147
Just Do It!
Veteran

The team is meant to be relocating to be nearer to PMM - though GTR, you could vouch for this.

Care to elaborate on the alleged Rattie personal deals??
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:28 (Ref:1133529)   #148
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Take a squiz at Mr Radisich's helmet... (no not that one... )

CellNet springs to mind, and a series of other companies that I presume are UK or NZ based. Went looking for a pic of his most recent crashhat but have been unlucky so far...
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:36 (Ref:1133537)   #149
Just Do It!
Veteran

Interesting, GTR, interesting indeed.

Speaking of crashhats, Bairdo's crashhat wasn't devoid of signage on the weekend. It had Hyundai on the visor at least...perhaps suggesting not a total divorce from TKR

Bairdo's performance rating by Gorey after the weekend would be interesting to hear, for sure
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:45 (Ref:1133547)   #150
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Gorey will be too busy celebrating his ChampCar success to go bucketing his Supercar drivers I should think