Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Mar 2010, 02:51 (Ref:2657006)   #1501
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is the Highcroft car listed as the 01-c? Doesn't it appear that the "c" bits are on the Strakka car and not yet on the Highcroft car?
Old 21 Mar 2010, 02:57 (Ref:2657008)   #1502
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it different body pieces depending on the trim needed, downforce vs speed.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 03:02 (Ref:2657010)   #1503
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could be. But the Strakka car shown in testing looks to have a lot of new bits compared to the Highcroft car run at Sebring, which looked a lot like the old 01-b, unless I missed something (totally possible!).
Old 21 Mar 2010, 03:12 (Ref:2657013)   #1504
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What you can 'see', is not the sum total of what makes it an 01c, vs. an 01b.
Strakka is using the low downforce bodywork, Highcroft is not yet.

L.P.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 03:12 (Ref:2657014)   #1505
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Same, can't really remember the Strakka and thought I saw them say on speed they were running a high downforce set at Sebring.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2657161)   #1506
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
What you can 'see', is not the sum total of what makes it an 01c, vs. an 01b.
Strakka is using the low downforce bodywork, Highcroft is not yet.

L.P.
Wirth did say that the 01c would entail some mechanical changes as well though for whatever reason he wouldn't tell me what those changes were.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2657163)   #1507
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I think Hindy keeps saying Strakka doesn't have C bodywork yet either. Highcroft continues to use IMSA-spec bodywork, the only difference that I think is catching a lot of us on the Strakka car is the narrow wing, which doesn't necessarily equate to being the C car. Both cars have bodywork that 1) make the car legal in their given series and 2) make them as competitive as possible.

Chris
Old 21 Mar 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2657167)   #1508
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Yeah, I think Hindy keeps saying Strakka doesn't have C bodywork yet either. Highcroft continues to use IMSA-spec bodywork, the only difference that I think is catching a lot of us on the Strakka car is the narrow wing, which doesn't necessarily equate to being the C car. Both cars have bodywork that 1) make the car legal in their given series and 2) make them as competitive as possible.

Chris
Strakka was clearly running with 01c bodywork at Paul Ricard. Revised front fenders, new rear bodywork and brake duct location, see 3.11.10 news item:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsmarch10.html
Old 22 Mar 2010, 12:08 (Ref:2657771)   #1509
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, approaching full "c'" spec? This is all too confusing, especially considering Wirth said further variants will appear.... "d" "e"?

Chris
Old 22 Mar 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2657859)   #1510
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Yeah, approaching full "c'" spec? This is all too confusing, especially considering Wirth said further variants will appear.... "d" "e"?

Chris
It is not that hard.
And frankly I am STOKED at the possibility that there will a be d & e series chassis. That being indicitive of new chassis in the years to come, as usually a series of car is utilized for at least a year.
As frankly the ARX chassis future, with Acura withdrawing, was/is quite questionable.

L.P.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2658049)   #1511
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So who would take over these new cars, HPD or Wirth?

If Wirth it's quite concievable they'll be badged by another manufactuer, as I can't see Wirth going alone.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2658182)   #1512
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
I do not believe they will be run as anything other than an HPD or corp. affiliate. I am all but positive that they do not belong to Wirth.

L.P.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 04:14 (Ref:2659601)   #1513
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Marco Werner fills out the Highcroft driver line-up at Le Mans.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...crofts-lineup/

L.P.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2659730)   #1514
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant line up . Guess that puts an end to the gentleman question regarding Le Mans .

Good , I didnt agree with that either .
Old 29 Mar 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2663084)   #1515
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I found this little item in AR1's St. Pete Indycar Blog.

Quote:
Keep an eye out for HPD to promote their hybrid technology in racing fairly soon. We can only assume that would be in the ALMS
Who knows if it will come to pass.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 03:53 (Ref:2663192)   #1516
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have a great chassis with a great motor. If LMP2 does become LMP1 they have has good a shot as anyone at Le Mans next year.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2663409)   #1517
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroehl View Post
They have a great chassis with a great motor. If LMP2 does become LMP1 they have has good a shot as anyone at Le Mans next year.
We do not know how the Acura/HPD works on Le Mans.
Also the chassis is getting old now, and the room for development is therefor small.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2663483)   #1518
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We do not know how the Acura/HPD works on Le Mans.
Also the chassis is getting old now, and the room for development is therefor small.
We will know in June how the car does. I would be very surprised if they did not take top honors in LMP2. Wirth has done a good bit of development on the car over the last year, designed and testing the Le Mans aero kit showing there is more work that can be done on the car. If and when LMP2 becomes LMP1 it is going to be a whole new ball game.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2663701)   #1519
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroehl View Post
We will know in June how the car does. I would be very surprised if they did not take top honors in LMP2. Wirth has done a good bit of development on the car over the last year, designed and testing the Le Mans aero kit showing there is more work that can be done on the car. If and when LMP2 becomes LMP1 it is going to be a whole new ball game.
Don't expect too much!
And in 2011, Acura/HPD will be dominated by Peugeot and Audi!, their old car will be seconds off Peugeot/Audi's pace!
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2663753)   #1520
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Don't expect too much!
And in 2011, Acura/HPD will be dominated by Peugeot and Audi!, their old car will be seconds off Peugeot/Audi's pace!
Wrong!!

L.P.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2663767)   #1521
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Wrong!!
And why not?.
The Acura ARX-01b (c) is in base as old as the 908 (2007).
Any chassis has a limit of development, and i do not believe that there is much more in that chassis!
What maybe could be used is the ARX-02a (modified of course).
Old 30 Mar 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2663775)   #1522
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
And why not?.
Any chassis has a limit of development, and i do not believe that there is much more in that chassis!

You believe! That is why, there is no evidence in either case, it is an opinion, and I do not agree with it.

L.P.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2663855)   #1523
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
And why not?.
The Pescarolo C60/01's basic design is over 10 years old, and Henri and co kept it competetive though last year, and I'll bet you that if another 10 year old design, the Audi R8, had the same R&D done on it that Audi did to the R10 or R15, it would be as fast if not faster at most circuits than the current cars aside from maybe the diesels, and even then it could be a pain, especally outside of Le Mans.

Who's to say that Nick Wurth and co can't squeeze a little more speed out of the ARX-01 until they need a new car, considering that the ARX-01 only shares the tub with the Courage LC70/75(grant you, a design that's several years old now), and even that was beefed up by HPD/Wurth(and Oreca likely did the same to their cars when they bought controlling interest in Courage in 2007).

However, since the ARX-02 was a home-brewed advance on the Courage sourced ARX-01, some of those ideas will undoubtedly pop up, considering that Wurth has said that he is designing a new car-and that it might not be purely an Acura, as he also has wanted to design a customer car, too.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 18:24 (Ref:2664331)   #1524
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
You believe! That is why, there is no evidence in either case, it is an opinion, and I do not agree with it.L.P.
Why is it we always come out discussing personal opinions .

But agreed it's my opinion, you can say you don't agree with it, but you can't state it as wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
The Pescarolo C60/01's basic design is over 10 years old, and Henri and co kept it competetive though last year, and I'll bet you that if another 10 year old design, the Audi R8, had the same R&D done on it that Audi did to the R10 or R15, it would be as fast if not faster at most circuits than the current cars aside from maybe the diesels, and even then it could be a pain, especally outside of Le Mans.

Who's to say that Nick Wurth and co can't squeeze a little more speed out of the ARX-01 until they need a new car, considering that the ARX-01 only shares the tub with the Courage LC70/75(grant you, a design that's several years old now), and even that was beefed up by HPD/Wurth(and Oreca likely did the same to their cars when they bought controlling interest in Courage in 2007).

However, since the ARX-02 was a home-brewed advance on the Courage sourced ARX-01, some of those ideas will undoubtedly pop up, considering that Wurth has said that he is designing a new car-and that it might not be purely an Acura, as he also has wanted to design a customer car, too.
Yes the Pescarolo use the same basic design for all their cars, but the tubs have evolved. The tubs are the base of all development, and there is a reason why Peugeot and Audi only develops on a tub for 3 years.
But i yes maybe Wirth can pull some more out of the ARX-01, but there is a limit and I Believe that, that is soon hitting it's end.
Remember how much talk there has been around the 908 being old against the "brand new" R15!
Old 31 Mar 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2664347)   #1525
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Yes the Pescarolo use the same basic design for all their cars, but the tubs have evolved. The tubs are the base of all development, and there is a reason why Peugeot and Audi only develops on a tub for 3 years.
But i yes maybe Wirth can pull some more out of the ARX-01, but there is a limit and I Believe that, that is soon hitting it's end.
Remember how much talk there has been around the 908 being old against the "brand new" R15!
I disagree!!! Most chassis development occurs in/through aero and suspension which bolt to the tub as ancillaries.

L.P.