Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 9 Mar 2009, 21:40 (Ref:2412534)   #1501
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Back on to the stories though, does anyone know what time the first cars are due out media day.
1pm

The cars have to be there in the morning for media purposes, but if the teams don't want to run, there is nothing forcing them to stay once their media commitments are over.

Usually only 10-12 cars will actually test.
Old 10 Mar 2009, 15:35 (Ref:2413014)   #1502
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
some test, some don't, some don't even have engines.
Who are you expecting not to have engines at the Media day Les?
Old 10 Mar 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2413108)   #1503
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally View Post
Who are you expecting not to have engines at the Media day Les?
Another Team 48?
Old 10 Mar 2009, 22:21 (Ref:2413284)   #1504
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it happens - it did to 2 cars last year, even more the year before - I didn't say it was going to happen this year
Old 10 Mar 2009, 23:00 (Ref:2413315)   #1505
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Another Team 48?
Well the same team were at Autosport...

Nothing stopping them doing the same this year.
Old 10 Mar 2009, 23:51 (Ref:2413329)   #1506
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No they weren't. The car was used by Team 48 last year as a show car, but it's not their car.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 06:59 (Ref:2413414)   #1507
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
it happens - it did to 2 cars last year, even more the year before - I didn't say it was going to happen this year
If KWR's MG doesn't get completed in time it might appear as a shell.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 08:40 (Ref:2413450)   #1508
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jonathan Adam confirmed for Motorbase:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3224
Old 11 Mar 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2413487)   #1509
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Where to now for Kane?
Old 11 Mar 2009, 09:34 (Ref:2413494)   #1510
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good question - one that this article makes no attempt at answering; Kane and his apparent 2009 contract have been airbrushed aside. It's great that Adam has a drive after such impressive form in the SEATs, but Kane is very unlucky if he doesn't have a 2009 deal.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 09:47 (Ref:2413501)   #1511
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
From the article: The season start of the BTCC 2009 is three weeks away and the young Scotsman is eager to go [.....] Motorbase Performance BMW will also unveil its new 2009 livery and sponsorship partners at the high-profile event.

Is this an indication that Motorbase won't be at the media day? Or is media day the high-profile event being referred to?
Old 11 Mar 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2413517)   #1512
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great news for Jonathan Adam - and to have a Scot on the grid if Shedden doesn't appear.

Now that it's public I can say Mr Adam was what all the removed posts were about !
Old 11 Mar 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2413521)   #1513
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Is this an indication that Motorbase won't be at the media day? Or is media day the high-profile event being referred to?

btcc.net says they will unveil the livery at the Media Day:
Quote:
Both Adam and Collard will be present at Rockingham for the championship’s annual Media Day event on Thursday March 19, where in addition to meeting fans and media they will take to the track in the BMW 320si for the afternoon test session.

Motorbase Performance BMW will also unveil its new 2009 livery and sponsorship partners at the high-profile event.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2413522)   #1514
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
1pm

The cars have to be there in the morning for media purposes, but if the teams don't want to run, there is nothing forcing them to stay once their media commitments are over.

Usually only 10-12 cars will actually test.
8am - media signing on / breakfast
8-9am - one to one interviews
09.10-09.40 - welcome
10.00-10.30 - driver photography
10-45-11.30 - tracking photography
11.40-12.00 - class of 2009 - drivers and cars
12.00-13.30 - media lunch
12.00-12.45 - one to one interviews
12.10-12.55 - bespoke filming / tracking
13.00-17.00 - official btcc test

I've got to be there for 8am.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2413535)   #1515
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Great news for Jonathan Adam - and to have a Scot on the grid if Shedden doesn't appear.

Now that it's public I can say Mr Adam was what all the removed posts were about !
Yep Blair I can now go absolutely mental now and celebrate officially

I am absolutely delighted for Jonathan, all the hard graft and effort in winning clios and seats has paid off, we know he should have been in BTCC a couple of years ago but he is here now. get in there mate and show them what you can do
Old 11 Mar 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2413566)   #1516
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner View Post
Jonathan Adam confirmed for Motorbase:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3224
Get in!!!
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2413583)   #1517
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
I've got to be there for 8am.
However as it's safe to assume that the original poster is not accredited media, otherwise he would already have a copy of that email, then the answer as already given twice is 1pm.

Any members of the public arriving at 8am will need to be prepare for a long wait sat in the car park.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 12:51 (Ref:2413591)   #1518
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide View Post
Good question - one that this article makes no attempt at answering; Kane and his apparent 2009 contract have been airbrushed aside.
When did you hear of that? I can't remember him saying he was definitely in for 2009, just that he hoped to be there again.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2413614)   #1519
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Steven Kane has been the series test driver for F2, I wouldn't rule out him returning to single seaters in some form or another.

But, if he can find the budget, I'm sure Dave Bartrum will be happy to run him in a 3rd car, after all he's a very quick driver.

We need another works team to run Jason Plato, Tom Onslow-Cole and Steve Kane. Those three would be fantastic for a new-lineup. Alas, it won't happen.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2413626)   #1520
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are both of the Motorbase seats pay drives ? Did Kane pay for his seat last year ?
Old 11 Mar 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2413630)   #1521
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
However as it's safe to assume that the original poster is not accredited media, otherwise he would already have a copy of that email, then the answer as already given twice is 1pm.

Any members of the public arriving at 8am will need to be prepare for a long wait sat in the car park.

I've not been before so I don't know if there are any photo opportunities from the stands or top of the pits for the general public.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2413638)   #1522
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I've not been before so I don't know if there are any photo opportunities from the stands or top of the pits for the general public.
Stands and pit roof will be open during the afternoon test session, however the general public will not be allowed past the main gate until 1pm.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2413641)   #1523
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Both - I spent most of the afternoon on top of the garages last year (bring something warm though - it was bloody freezing last year!).
Old 11 Mar 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2413718)   #1524
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From the article: The season start of the BTCC 2009 is three weeks away and the young Scotsman is eager to go [.....] Motorbase Performance BMW will also unveil its new 2009 livery and sponsorship partners at the high-profile event.

Team Motorbase BMW will be at the media day where they will show off their new Sponsors to the media and public.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2413817)   #1525
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Are both of the Motorbase seats pay drives ? Did Kane pay for his seat last year ?
All paying drives, only Turkington,Neal and Gio get paid rest either pay via sponsers or their own cash.

I still think there's another twist coming st media day aside from Adams being confirmed, Whilst Kane, Tom OC, Plato all deserve drives they will need to pay and thats the issue for them.

I am curious about the third WSR car though, built for a reason or as a spare?
Closed Thread

Tags
2009, btcc, entries