Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Jul 2007, 09:50 (Ref:1975216)   #1526
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The ad was in AA/MN last week... not sure it is online anywhere

Odd thing is that Mr McGill used this chassis at Winton, leaving the ex-GSR ex-FPR ex-Walden "Silver Streak" at home in the garage. Didnt make him go any faster though
Old 28 Jul 2007, 10:14 (Ref:1975226)   #1527
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assume you mean McGill used it at QR, as Youlden still used it at Winton.

Its possible that the team thought that with Youlden's experience over McGill, Luke may have got the ex-DJR car more sorted for the team than McGill had in Silver Streak? See this link for McGill 'sorting the DJR car further' at QR last week - http://www.v8supercar.com.au/photoga...2668504&pnum=8

Just as a quick tag on the end of this post, its off-topic a little, but is a former race car of a current V8 Supercar Driver - One of James Courtney's F3 Carlin Motorsport Cars http://www.racecarsdirect.com/viewli...php?view=10932

Last edited by M-Kart; 28 Jul 2007 at 10:18.
Old 28 Jul 2007, 10:19 (Ref:1975227)   #1528
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Kart
I assume you mean McGill used it at QR, as Youlden still used it at Winton

Its possible that the team thought that with Youlden's experience over McGill, Luke may have got the ex-DJR car more sorted for the team than McGill had in Silver Streak?

I keep thinking I was in Winton last weekend... that was the weekend before... time flies when you are having fun

The ex-DJR car is 8 years old... it should be well sorted by now all on its lonesome.... however considering it is the chassis allegedly for sale.. perhaps a risk to run it if you want to find a new owner.. or indeed see a non-Youlden performance from it?
Old 28 Jul 2007, 14:02 (Ref:1975301)   #1529
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Lawrie Nelson ??
Lawrie Nelson/Peter Jones

Thanks. I should have read the windscreen strip and the front guards

Also of interest the latest Motorsport News (the paper one) has a history on the Gibson cars 93 onwards. I thought Peter Champion had the 94 ATCC winning car (was mentioned in a few articles) GMS 003 wearing its 95 livery, not so. Peter has GMS 001 (also Scotty Taylors car), 003 was last seen last year racing in the NZ Super GT series and for sale.

Article also has a photo of the Eastern Creek crash car being removed from the scene with a fork lift!
Old 2 Aug 2007, 11:04 (Ref:1978971)   #1530
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Supercar on eBay?
Old 3 Aug 2007, 09:55 (Ref:1979735)   #1531
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will be another Motorsport News article in all this info
Old 4 Aug 2007, 11:23 (Ref:1980390)   #1532
Carter-Nelson
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne - Australia
Carter-Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Alfa GTV6 for sale

I would suggest that Mr Gulson wouldnt have spent the asking price over the racing life of the car, including the buy price...
Having driven the Gulson GTV6 at Winton many years ago, it is awsome value for money. It takes the fight to the V8's and beats most if not all the Torana's, and gaves my Falcon a real seeing to in the twisty stuff at most curcuits. It costs next to nothing to run and is fantastic fun to drive...
There are plenty of over priced Group A/C cars out there but nothing as unique or as easy and cheap to drive...
If you are genuinely looking for a Group A/C touring car (because it raced in both categories) then speak to Scott and have a look at the car...it is a very quick and good looking little car.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 22:30 (Ref:1982950)   #1533
Scott F
Rookie

Scott F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well for a start, in 1982 dollars $150k is a lot, lot less, so factually you are probably wide of the mark.

The market for Group C/A cars is what it is. There is a demand for quality cars and there is limited supply.

The Dulux car is the only Group C GTV6 to ever compete and 1 of only 2 Australian Group C/A GTV6's left intact.

It is a great, competitive, class winning car that is ready to go, is cheap to run and a beautiful car to drive. And given the price of other Group C alternatives a bargain to boot.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 22:34 (Ref:1982952)   #1534
Scott F
Rookie

Quote:
It is for sale in Europe also, Here for GBP £50,000... which at today's exchange rate of A$1 = GBP 0.4182 (thanks to ANZ.com) means its worth A$119,560.02....
Thanks - price has been adjusted to reflect the exchange rate.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 06:52 (Ref:1983132)   #1535
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
errr, why has this thread that has been going along quite happily in the Aussie Touring Car forum for more than two years been moved into here?
Old 11 Aug 2007, 03:20 (Ref:1985892)   #1536
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
errr, why has this thread that has been going along quite happily in the Aussie Touring Car forum for more than two years been moved into here?
I have to ask the same question. I am going to guess that over here this thread will die a slow death

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 13 Aug 2007, 00:29 (Ref:1987180)   #1537
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Group'C' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama
I have to ask the same question. I am going to guess that over here this thread will die a slow death
I would have to agree as once before I have said not to many Australian people venture this far.

Please move it back
Old 13 Aug 2007, 07:16 (Ref:1987281)   #1538
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I "Fourth" that notion. This is one of the best threads on ten-tenths and part of its success has been its location.

Can we please have it moved back??
Old 13 Aug 2007, 17:42 (Ref:1987678)   #1539
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, only 'your' mods, a supermod or an administrator would have been able to move this thread here, and in that person's defence I would have to say that surely this is motorsport history is it not? Unless of course, you feel that Australia's rich heritage in this area should not be shared more widely.

To answer, a couple of the specific points raised above:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama
I am going to guess that over here this thread will die a slow death
Only if you let it! It did the following thread no harm by moving it here. In fact, we saved it from itself, as some of the contributors will know, and several pages were added before it quietened down:-
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group'C'
I have said not to many Australian people venture this far.
Simply not true. We have many active Aussies in the history forums. Clearly we would like more. The history part of 10-Tenths is one of the areas where there is an international flavour and motor racing historians and enthusiasts worldwide can contribute.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 09:11 (Ref:1988168)   #1540
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I have to say that I agree with John on this. Ever since I first clapped eyes on this thread, the first question that sprang into my little brain was always: 'Why is this here and not in History?'

After all, the other Touring Car 'Who, what, where, when's' such as Rover, 635, Commodore, Toyota, M3 and Capri have all recently been in History which incidentally also include a great many posts from Australian, New Zealand and other worldwide enthusiasts.

I see no reason for the thread not to continue in a great vein except of course if people are just going to be bloody minded about which section they 'think' a thread should be in.

The thread is already established - eveyone knows about it who should - where's the problem?
Old 14 Aug 2007, 23:18 (Ref:1989214)   #1541
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps a "sticky" link could be added at the top of the Aust Touring Cars forum page?
Old 14 Aug 2007, 23:39 (Ref:1989221)   #1542
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
Perhaps a "sticky" link could be added at the top of the Aust Touring Cars forum page?
With the software we have, I dont think we can sticky it in the Aussie forum and have it in this area.

Every post in this thread is about Australia/New Zeeland cars and drivers... so while it is history, it was well read and travelled in the Aussie forum before arriving here.
Old 15 Aug 2007, 07:36 (Ref:1989331)   #1543
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, we'd better send it back then, although it disappoints me that elements of Australian/NZ motorsport history are not deemed appropriate for the Motorsport History forum, where we have no such national boundaries!
Old 15 Aug 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1989398)   #1544
Robert Bailey
Rookie

Robert Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great little car S.F.
Old 15 Aug 2007, 12:04 (Ref:1989487)   #1545
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did happen (if anything) to the new BA built by Optima Sport to replace the one written off at Bathurst last year, and their beaut trailer?

In all the hoo haa recently about sourcing a BA/BF for TKR, this one never came up.
Old 15 Aug 2007, 12:15 (Ref:1989505)   #1546
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60
What did happen (if anything) to the new BA built by Optima Sport to replace the one written off at Bathurst last year, and their beaut trailer?

In all the hoo haa recently about sourcing a BA/BF for TKR, this one never came up.
The BA is allegedly still incomplete, certainly not in raceable condition....
Old 16 Aug 2007, 07:07 (Ref:1989983)   #1547
Scott F
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bailey
great little car S.F.
Thanks Rob....
Old 18 Aug 2007, 11:57 (Ref:1991241)   #1548
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
For sale...

1983 Bathurst 2nd place trophy

1983 Sandown Winner's Trophy

WOW!
Old 21 Aug 2007, 07:14 (Ref:1993299)   #1549
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the Pat Purcell-built Bob Jane Camaro that was entered for the 1979 James Hardie 1000 (to be co-driven by Phil Ward)

The car was pulled from the event according to RCN due to there being a lack of time to sort the car out prior to the event, although the car was near complete.

Did it ever run, was it on-sold, turned back into a road car???
Old 21 Aug 2007, 08:02 (Ref:1993341)   #1550
gkmarshall
Racer

gkmarshall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I noticed The sellers name is Mick Webb, wasn't that the name of his engineer during the mazda days, I wonder if it's the same guy.