Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Feb 2012, 02:26 (Ref:3023484)   #1676
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
I'm liking the ESM Ferrari livery (is Tequila Patron still sponsoring them?),
Ed Brown is still the driver, and has a day job as the CEO of Patron Tequila. I think it is a pretty safe assumption that Patron is still the sponsor.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 02:32 (Ref:3023486)   #1677
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As for the Level 5, I don't really see the fin when it's coming head-on and it's probably not going to stick out THAT much when they finish the liveries.
The fins will stick out for sure. Just look at picture #25. It'll be even worse if they put stickers on the fin. The BHHs are also pretty noticeable (and ugly) from any sort of above view even with the black paintjob. It'll probably be even worse on brighter colored cars. The Level 5 ARX also has some very massive mirrors. BHMs?

I can't tell from the angle of Dagys' pictures, but does the Pecom Oreca not have the BHHs and BHF?

I take it that Level 5 will be running Dunlops this year. I guess that answers that question. I wonder if any other tire companies will jump into P2 now that Michelin has pulled out.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 02:50 (Ref:3023490)   #1678
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
The fins will stick out for sure. Just look at picture #25. It'll be even worse if they put stickers on the fin. The BHHs are also pretty noticeable (and ugly) from any sort of above view even with the black paintjob. It'll probably be even worse on brighter colored cars. The Level 5 ARX also has some very massive mirrors. BHMs?

I can't tell from the angle of Dagys' pictures, but does the Pecom Oreca not have the BHHs and BHF?
I think the holes aren't overly noticeable with Level 5's black livery, but the fin makes it look a bit like a kite. I don't think Pecom has holes or fin.

On the mirror front, the 458 mirrors look bigger to me too.

Also, Simon tweeted two pics of the HPD:

http://yfrog.com/mg828rj

http://yfrog.com/khpjsbcuj
Old 9 Feb 2012, 02:57 (Ref:3023491)   #1679
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
On the mirror front, the 458 mirrors look bigger to me too.
Well, Audi would approve of bigger mirrors on the Ferraris! But, yeah, it looks like the 055 car has the BHMs and the 95 car has standard sized mirror pods. Maybe they are trying some things or maybe one car has newer parts than the other. I don't know.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 03:02 (Ref:3023492)   #1680
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Black Swan running a Lola B10/80 with HPD power.
Ex Level 5 car?
Why yes, yes it is.........

Quote:
In other LMP2 news, Level 5 team owner Scott Tucker confirmed Wednesday that he’s sold one of his two Lola B11/80 Honda coupes to Black Swan Racing, which announced its entry into the prototype ranks late last year.
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...n-lmp2-effort/

And ten is the number of LMPC's that I heard as well before year end.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 03:13 (Ref:3023497)   #1681
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Ed Brown is still the driver, and has a day job as the CEO of Patron Tequila. I think it is a pretty safe assumption that Patron is still the sponsor.
The flashy "Patron" stickers on the side of the Patron-liveried ESM Patron car Patroned, sorry told me that Patron was still involved with the program somehow.

Chris
Old 9 Feb 2012, 03:17 (Ref:3023500)   #1682
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Any pictures of the Vette yet? That previous link won't work for me
http://www.motorsport.com/alms/photo...d=1287697&i=27

http://www.motorsport.com/alms/photo...id=1287736&i=4

http://www.motorsport.com/alms/photo...id=1287727&i=6
Old 9 Feb 2012, 04:01 (Ref:3023507)   #1683
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It's hard to tell if the Vette is wider unless you look closely. The ferrari's seem the same, but it's easy to see it in the Porsche's.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 04:13 (Ref:3023508)   #1684
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who is the second mid season LMP2 entry into the ALMS cited in the Dagys article (Dempsey and...).
Old 9 Feb 2012, 04:19 (Ref:3023511)   #1685
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Starworks might do some more ALMS-races... suppossedly they got their hands on the old Strakka car for that.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 04:55 (Ref:3023519)   #1686
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Risi drivers are in a test-car and finished 2nd in GT, but I have no idea how relevant that is to a full ALMS effort.
They're Ferrari factory drivers, not Risi drivers. The fact that they are testing a Michelotto test car at Sebring means nothing re:Risi per se. The fact that it's entered by ESM rather than the usually factory-blessed Risi could be taken to be a bad sign, if there is any relevance at all to Risi's full-season intentions to be found.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 04:57 (Ref:3023520)   #1687
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Wonder if they'll have the new bodywork for this chassis? Knowing Lola, it should be possible - they're pretty good at not forcing their customers into new tubs left, right and centre. Would be nice to see Lola back up towards the front again in P2.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 05:19 (Ref:3023522)   #1688
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

sporting the new HPD look now.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 07:04 (Ref:3023532)   #1689
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also photos
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...g-winter-test/

http://americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=gallery|0356
Old 9 Feb 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3023665)   #1690
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
sporting the new HPD look now.
thats a bit disappointing. Maybe the different front overhang and the smaller headlights. Reminds me of the lister storm a bit

oreca 03 and the p2 hpd look awesome imho.

Last edited by lms; 9 Feb 2012 at 12:14.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3023691)   #1691
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Who is the second mid season LMP2 entry into the ALMS cited in the Dagys article (Dempsey and...).
As Speed-King said, Starworks is a good guess. I was also thinking maybe the Radical.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 17:21 (Ref:3023765)   #1692
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
It's hard to tell if the Vette is wider unless you look closely. The ferrari's seem the same, but it's easy to see it in the Porsche's.
The Porsches look goofy. Maybe they will be better with livery.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3023769)   #1693
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
The Porsches look goofy. Maybe they will be better with livery.
I don't like the part in front of the front wheel at all... looks unifinished or if something fell off...
Old 9 Feb 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3023777)   #1694
ep16
Rookie

ep16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love the 'vettes from head-on, they look MEAN! I have to say, i'm a fan of the wide arch GTE's.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3023830)   #1695
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Risi confirm 1 car for Sebring, rest of the season still undecided.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 22:40 (Ref:3023875)   #1696
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I don't like the part in front of the front wheel at all... looks unifinished or if something fell off...
I agree. It's the area in front on the rear wheel that looks most strange to me. Again it looks unfinished or tacked on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep16 View Post
Love the 'vettes from head-on, they look MEAN! I have to say, i'm a fan of the wide arch GTE's.
It makes the back look out of proportion to me. I will respectfully disagree... I like the old cars better.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3023893)   #1697
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some impressions on the WDWT from afar just by looking at the timing screens and reading the updates.

1- Ferarri 458s, Wow! They look very strong and I'd say they are preseason favorites for every WEC race.

2- GT in the ALMS is looking excellent. Corvettes seem to have had a strong test as did FL and BMW was great last year. If we can only get Risi to compete, the GT battle (in terms of quality) could be the best yet.

3- Muscle Milk HPD already faster than Highcroft last year. Could be an indication that the privateers may be closer to Audi than we originally thought they would be.

4- P2s very fast. Level 5 running 151s? What an improvement in one year. Looking forward to what the rest of the huge field will do and if they will last.

5- The BHFs on the open cockpit cars look horrible. As bad as they look on the Audi R18 and the Toyota, they look even worse on the HPDs. The BHHs don't look great either but aren't as noticeable as the BHFs. Come on ACO, do something, help us out a bit, make the cars slightly more attractive.

Last edited by pach233; 9 Feb 2012 at 23:22. Reason: Added
Old 9 Feb 2012, 23:46 (Ref:3023903)   #1698
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
5- The BHFs on the open cockpit cars look horrible. As bad as they look on the Audi R18 and the Toyota, they look even worse on the HPDs. The BHHs don't look great either but aren't as noticeable as the BHFs. Come on ACO, do something, help us out a bit, make the cars slightly more attractive.
Very much agree. The are terrible on the new HPD cars and the holes above the wheels only make the look worse.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3023909)   #1699
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking at the time sheets from last years qualy vs this years test. Even if a test does not mean much Ferrari's are looking like petrol fueled dynamite. 2.00 flat is darn impressive irrespecitve of fuel loads considering it was against last years qualy with a 2.01 lap. Leave it to the Michellotto run car to scare off the competition haha. Thats some extreme speed! Theres now way Risi wont be back with that kind of speed.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 00:55 (Ref:3023911)   #1700
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If i recall correctly, the Muscle Milk Aston Martin ran 1:51s in their first test session at Sebring last year.