Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Jun 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1338642)   #151
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think Porsche have any problems with teams using Porsche engines in other manufacters chassis, just non Porsche engines in their own chassis.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1339947)   #152
TrevorC
Rookie

TrevorC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a bit suprised at the look of the Porsche LMP2.... I would have expected the headlights to have more of the "look & feel" of the current road cars. Is there some portion of the regulations that encourage that triangle look to the headlight assembly ??

That shark nose just does not appeal to me.... just my opinion....

I didn't expect to see one, but I was really hoping it would be a coupe..... kudos to Riley for developing one !

Also, the car looks just like the Zulltec car....

Trevor in Calgary
Old 27 Jun 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1341271)   #153
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Its got "Porsche Engineering" on a decal on the nose ..... Ive never seen a decal like that on a Porsche before ? Any particular reason for that ?
Old 27 Jun 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1341275)   #154
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
That Porsche Engineering Group has probably developed the car.

Quote:
The Porsche Engineering Group
Operating under the Porsche Engineering brand name, the Porsche Engineering Group in Weissach (Germany) and its subsidiaries in Bietigheim (Germany), Troy (USA) and Prague (Czech Republic) provide development services and expertise with Porsche quality.

Complete developments from the design stage to series production start-up Porsche Engineering provides a complete automobile development value-added chain.

At our main site, the Porsche Development Centre in Weissach, we can access more than 100 different test facilities and a variety of different laboratory facilities. This means that our customers get rapid results with the strictest confidentiality.
http://www2.porsche-engineering.com/english/home.htm
Old 27 Jun 2005, 18:13 (Ref:1341288)   #155
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorC
Also, the car looks just like the Zulltec car....

Trevor in Calgary
A lot of these new LMP2 cars are looking a lot like each other ..... the new Lola looks a bit like the new Pilbeam from certain angles ..... I guess there is only so much one can do with a set of regulations !!!
Old 27 Jun 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1341289)   #156
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
That Porsche Engineering Group has probably developed the car.

http://www2.porsche-engineering.com/english/home.htm
Thank you fire .....
Old 27 Jun 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1341291)   #157
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It's just a consultancy company (so if you have some plans for an own car...)
Old 27 Jun 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1341376)   #158
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
It's just a consultancy company (so if you have some plans for an own car...)
I'd be heading straight across the pond to see a certain Mr.Riley !!!
Old 27 Jun 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1341510)   #159
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i read on the alms site when they intervied riley, he said they had been doing two programs, open lmp1 and closed cockpit lmp1. he didnt know which one was final, the open had a lower center of gravity, but the closed had less drag
Old 27 Jun 2005, 22:35 (Ref:1341536)   #160
nsxr
Racer

nsxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was in mentioned that this car looks like they old Durago car. from a few years ago. anybody know what Durango is doing these days?
Old 27 Jun 2005, 22:56 (Ref:1341553)   #161
HaraldB
Rookie

European Union
Austria
HaraldB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxr
anybody know what Durango is doing these days?
They are doing GP2.
http://www.durango.it/en/home.php
Old 27 Jun 2005, 23:21 (Ref:1341570)   #162
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think one thing that separates this car from some of the others is that the engine and chassis were designed to work together. I think this will be a well sorted car and will raise the bar in terms of reliability for the LMP2 class.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1341851)   #163
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now the LMP2 car has broken cover, has any one heard anymore regarding the LMP1 car that is (or was) due to follow?
Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1341905)   #164
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Due to follow, but not due to follow immediately... - give them a chance, the LMP2 hasn't even run its first race yet.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 14:24 (Ref:1342019)   #165
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I own Porsche racecar that is fitted with a Volkswagen engine (and no its not a 924)
Old 29 Jun 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1343146)   #166
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just imagine a line-up like this:-

http://www.racingfanatics.com/Carlos...rt/lowenp2.htm
Old 29 Jun 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1343157)   #167
HaraldB
Rookie

European Union
Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I don't like the new Martini-design. The classic white with Martini-stripes from the Lancias and 936/935 shows more class.
And reserve Martini as a sponsor for something from FIAT. Well, one can always dream.
Lancia wasn't involved in much motorsport activity lately, can't somebody do a decent Lancia prototype soon, please!

Replace the Martini-livery for the Porsche LMP2 with orange Jägermeister livery.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1343160)   #168
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaraldB
I don't like the new Martini-design. The classic white with Martini-stripes from the Lancias and 936/935 shows more class.
And reserve Martini as a sponsor for something from FIAT. Well, one can always dream.
Lancia wasn't involved in much motorsport activity lately, can't somebody do a decent Lancia prototype soon, please!

Replace the Martini-livery for the Porsche LMP2 with orange Jägermeister livery.
Martini has sponsored Ford in WRC a few years ago. And the classic Martini livery is indeed much better.

IMO the Lowenbrau livery is the best.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 18:30 (Ref:1343195)   #169
The Badger
Veteran

I personally like the Coke car ..... I wonder if they could get Bacardi as a sponsor too ..... Fair dues to this guys artistic license !!!
Old 29 Jun 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1343218)   #170
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I asked for the Martini livery. I like what was done, but prefer the Silver versions with Martini stripes. (Such as the one in my avatar).
Old 29 Jun 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1343221)   #171
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Alcohol sponsoring means not racing in France...
Old 29 Jun 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1343226)   #172
HaraldB
Rookie

European Union
Austria
Quote:
Various SBK and motorbike teams with alcoholic beverage sponsors run in the French races, albeit with reduced liveries like the tobacco sponsors.
It also didn't stop Lancia and Ford to run in the Scandinavian rallies, where such laws also exist.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1343231)   #173
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Keep the liveries, remove the logos.... pretty easy to do. Besides, there aren't any important ALMS races in France anyway.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1343237)   #174
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Besides, there aren't any important ALMS races in France anyway.
Correct, but I was already thinking on 2007. (I don't believe they avoid LM in 2007)
Old 30 Jun 2005, 01:10 (Ref:1343401)   #175
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so is it a consensus that the LMP2 will not have the expectations to win anything overall, but likely it will? and often...