Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2013, 16:13 (Ref:3253503)   #151
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I saw little wrong with Perez's racing today. It was good to see someone having a go rather than falling back on the easy option of letting the tyres burns themselves out.

I thought the move on Alonso was fair; nothing wrong with it at all. The move on Kimi was from a long way back although Kimi did squeeze him which led to the contact. Kimi could have let him some more room but the move wasn't going to stick anyway.

Great stuff by Rosberg; great professional drive. Hamilton had a decent race but was made to look ordinary.
Old 26 May 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3253508)   #152
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
If there had been Armco or a wall there then the drivers would take the corner with nowhere near the amount of speed they do today. Actually, the whole entry to the corner would change and taking away any chance of making an overtake. It would be much more like Swimming Pool if there was a barrier there or if it was moved closer to the apex.
Maybe they should put the barriers in place, like they do for the Porsche Supercup.
Old 26 May 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3253512)   #153
GTE
Rookie

Netherlands
GTE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I saw little wrong with Perez's racing today. It was good to see someone having a go rather than falling back on the easy option of letting the tyres burns themselves out.

I thought the move on Alonso was fair; nothing wrong with it at all.
The move was ok, the decision of the stewards was not. Alonso did the only thing he could do to avoid a collision. If he hadn't and the collision had occurred, it would have been Perez' fault.

Quote:
The move on Kimi was from a long way back although Kimi did squeeze him which led to the contact.
Kimi just defended the corner as he is supposed to do. He had no way of knowing Perez would pull this off. But that again, he had complained about Perez a few laps earlier, so perhaps he could have known.

Either way, Perez went totally overboard. Monaco is not about being aggressive, it is about being intelligent. Perez has got a lot to learn. The speed is there though.
Old 26 May 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3253517)   #154
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Grosjean has been handed a 10 place grid penalty for Canada for his clash with Ricciardo.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107691

No surprise there but I wonder will there be more joining him.
Old 26 May 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3253520)   #155
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If there had been Armco or a wall there then the drivers would take the corner with nowhere near the amount of speed they do today. Actually, the whole entry to the corner would change and taking away any chance of making an overtake. It would be much more like Swimming Pool if there was a barrier there or if it was moved closer to the apex.
I'm not talking about changing the apex but the presence of some sort of barrier, which would prevent being crowded off the track. The reason Perez could make that move is because the other diver can use the run off.

As for Perez and his overtaking, I thought Johnny Herbert summed it up perfectly.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3253525)   #156
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I'm not talking about changing the apex but the presence of some sort of barrier, which would prevent being crowded off the track. The reason Perez could make that move is because the other diver can use the run off.

As for Perez and his overtaking, I thought Johnny Herbert summed it up perfectly.
The other driver can use the run off or alternatively slow down and slot in behind if the positon is lost. Isn't that what would happen if there was Armco there?

I missed the end of the footage, what did Herbert say?
Old 26 May 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3253526)   #157
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Grosjean has been handed a 10 place grid penalty for Canada for his clash with Ricciardo.

I'm surprised given his history he wasn't sat for the weekend. But then I've been a fan of a points system with suspensions at a threshold, and no I haven't thought it through enough to develop a plan just the idea. And yes, it would be hard to balance and still up to the judgement of the stewards.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3253529)   #158
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
Ultimately Perez left Alonso with three choices.
A. Make contact
B. Skip the chicane
C. Admit he's been outmanuvoered and slot in behind.

Alonso took the option that gave him the best advantage which gave the stewards a reason to penalise him.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3253535)   #159
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The other driver can use the run off or alternatively slow down and slot in behind if the positon is lost. Isn't that what would happen if there was Armco there?
That didn't happen with Alonso and definitely not with Raikkonen, especially the second time.

Quote:
I missed the end of the footage, what did Herbert say?
He basically said that Perez had found an overtake that worked but with each attempt became overly confident and that the second Raikkonen incident was due to Perez attempting the move way too late, as Raikkonen had moved significantly across the track and that Perez needed to calm down.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:29 (Ref:3253540)   #160
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
A. Make contact
B. Skip the chicane

Alonso took the option that gave him the best advantage which gave the stewards a reason to penalise him.
It's the Schumacher years all over again. Move over or we crash.

Great racing.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:29 (Ref:3253541)   #161
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post

I don't think we will be seeing Grosjean in Canada.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3253543)   #162
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
A. Make contact
B. Skip the chicane

I don't think Alonso had any choice but to use the run off, he had committed himself. Yep, maybe he should have crashed into Perez.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3253549)   #163
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Way to go Sutil.

Do a dive bomb Lewis.
I sort of expected his patience to wear thin and make a desperate move on Webber. He was faster than the Red Bulls but couldn't get around the red and blue rolling chicanes.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3253552)   #164
GTE
Rookie

Netherlands
Quote:
A. Make contact
B. Skip the chicane

How on earth should Alonso put option C into practice? He would have to bring the Ferrari to a hold, blocking the chicane altogether.
Old 26 May 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3253562)   #165
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
It's the Schumacher years all over again. Move over or we crash.

Great racing.
The margins are so fine at Monaco that this has to be the case. Sutil made some great clean moves but the other cars equally avoided contact.

Even if attacking driver is completely over-the-top it still means the defender has a responsibility to avoid contact and abide by the rules.
Old 26 May 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3253565)   #166
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTE View Post
How on earth should Alonso put option C into practice? He would have to bring the Ferrari to a hold, blocking the chicane altogether.
It is still an option though. He had lost track position and if there was Armco there then he would have hit it if he didnt slow down. Whether or not the move would have been tried if there was Armco is the other debate.
Old 26 May 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3253567)   #167
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Good race for Vettel too, I'm happy he prooved at the end how they've all been lapping more than 2 seconds slower than the real pace to preserve this useless tyres.
If Vettel was able to casually do a recordlap with such an advantage, than he could have used his rubber as wel to put a bit of pressure on Rosberg. That would have been better for the race, and improving his chances on a win. I thought is was at least a bit unprofessional.
Old 26 May 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3253571)   #168
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anyone have opinions as to what was going on with Massa? Two nearly identical accidents in two days. Mechanical or mental?

Richard
Old 26 May 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3253579)   #169
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Anyone have opinions as to what was going on with Massa? Two nearly identical accidents in two days. Mechanical or mental?

Richard
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107707
Old 26 May 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3253616)   #170
GTE
Rookie

Netherlands
Quote:
It is still an option though. He had lost track position and if there was Armco there then he would have hit it if he didnt slow down. Whether or not the move would have been tried if there was Armco is the other debate.
Not once lost Alonso trackposition against Perez. That only happened because he was told to do so by the stewards.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3253618)   #171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perez blames Raikkonen.

That's so hilarious Michael McIntyre ought to include it in his next set..........
Old 26 May 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3253621)   #172
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter185 View Post

You can make things happen, watch things happen.
Or just crash into them.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3253624)   #173
GTE
Rookie

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Or just crash into them.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:52 (Ref:3253625)   #174
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
I thought it was something to do with the left front, it appeared to do more than just lock and produced a lot more smoke than I'd expect from a lock up. It was as if something broke, while with yesterday's crash both fronts clearly locked up.
Old 26 May 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3253665)   #175
GTE
Rookie

Netherlands
maybe Perez can take notice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxTgZ...ature=youtu.be