Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Mar 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3038780)   #1726
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
"Flybrid" is a brand, not a technical term.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3038808)   #1727
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Has anyone any idea what this is about on the RLM website frontpage:

Quote:
10:50 am UK time Tuesday March 13th - join us for something rather special. A true world exclusive as RadioLeMans.com is the only live broadcaster from... well we can't tell you right now. It's with some pride that we will be the first to be able to reveal... no, we can't tell you that either. We will be the only people to get an interview with... apparently we can't tell you names, sorry.

We can tell you that you will be very surprised at the content of the show. Trust us it will be worth listening to. Honestly.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 13:41 (Ref:3038812)   #1728
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Sounds nice!
Old 12 Mar 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3038819)   #1729
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Deltawing hype is already ****ing me off....and it hasn't even debuted...
Old 12 Mar 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3038821)   #1730
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The DeltaWing engine is build by RML with a Nissan nameplate on top of it, so my guess would be that it is about that.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3038826)   #1731
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_nl View Post
The DeltaWing engine is build by RML with a Nissan nameplate on top of it, so my guess would be that it is about that.
well that would be an anti-climax - I hope its something better than that
Old 12 Mar 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3038851)   #1732
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

The F1 sub-forum guys would probably tell you that Fingerboy is unveiling the name of his car for the season.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_nl View Post
Don't confuse RML with RLM...... easily done!
Old 12 Mar 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3038856)   #1733
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Don't confuse RML with RLM...... easily done!
Nissan is unvealing on Tuesday that they are "providing" the engine for the Delta Wing. Providing in this case means rebranding the RML Chevrolet WTCC 1.6 turbo engine.

Both announcements are on Tuesday. Hence, jc_nl's comment...
Old 12 Mar 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3038864)   #1734
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh I understood it all right and I'm sure it will be this world-shattering news.

I was just pointing out the potential for misunderstanding.....
Old 13 Mar 2012, 10:22 (Ref:3040179)   #1735
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My bet in the Radio Le mans Exclusive is:

Highcroft Racing Nissan LMP1... with a revised Deltawing... and alternative tecnology...
Old 13 Mar 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3040213)   #1736
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
My bet in the Radio Le mans Exclusive is:

Highcroft Racing Nissan LMP1... with a revised Deltawing... and alternative tecnology...
Maybe its hot air powered , if Hindy has anything to do with it !!!
Old 13 Mar 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3040479)   #1737
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Parts of the thread have certainly been hot-air powered......
Old 13 Mar 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3040569)   #1738
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
WEC entries thread is closed still but I'm just wondering what's up with the second Signatech car. Think I've obviously missed something but despite being entered for the championship it's not at Sebring. Was this planned?

Also with that entry's named driver at Le Mans (Franck Mailleux) now named alongside Tresson and Lombard, there are no listed drivers named against it.

So is this entry going to go a similar way to last year's second car and get removed from the entry list? Or possibly just a one-off at Le Mans?
Old 13 Mar 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3040574)   #1739
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
WEC entries thread is closed still but I'm just wondering what's up with the second Signatech car. Think I've obviously missed something but despite being entered for the championship it's not at Sebring. Was this planned?
Which second car? Signatech has only one car in the full WEC season: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...ist_310112.pdf
Old 13 Mar 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3040580)   #1740
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Which second car? Signatech has only one car in the full WEC season: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...ist_310112.pdf
Ahh.

That will be why they aren't at Sebring then. Forgive me, it was the WEC logo next to the #26 car on the LM entry list which threw me. Obviously in error.

http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/..._mans_2012.pdf
Old 14 Mar 2012, 05:03 (Ref:3040747)   #1741
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That will be why they aren't at Sebring then. Forgive me, it was the WEC logo next to the #26 car on the LM entry list which threw me. Obviously in error.
It's under the "extra entries per team at Le Mans if approved" rule.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 14:29 (Ref:3040940)   #1742
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks like Jan Charouz will not be racing for Gulf Middle East anymore. He will be replaced at Sebring by Jean-Denis Deletraz.

Anyone know more about this? Sponsorship not coming through?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-9830.html
Old 15 Mar 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3041857)   #1743
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In Season 2012 Jesse Laine main goal is to drive the most popular GT-series FIA GT3 European Championship or Blancpain Endurance series.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3053735)   #1744
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Seems like the coupe version can a good base for a GTE car. http://youtu.be/lloJlN58oNQ
http://youtu.be/4yAlsMf6be0
Old 6 Apr 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3054415)   #1745
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I don't think this will have any implications for Rebellion/Kodewa but it's interesting to see that the 'Lotus' F1 team have terminated their title sponsorship with Group Lotus.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98628

Financial uncertainties within the group. Interesting to hear Gerard Lopez say that: "We are happy to carry the Lotus name as we believe it is a good name for F1."

I'd argue the Lotus name is worth next to zero. What goodwill it has is surely running out.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3054419)   #1746
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
I think that Rebellion already realizes that mess they are involved in.
Quote:
Not satisfied with making Colin Kolles’s team its spearhead in LM P2 with a Lola-Judd that contains no Lotus technology, it has also signed a partnership with the Rebellion Team (Lola-Toyota). But the English make is in the process of changing hands and the association with the Swiss team is taking time to become finalised. “We’re very embarrassed’” says the PR officer for the Swiss outfit, which is still not in a position to provide information about this partnership that’s plain for all to see.
source: http://www.vif-argent.fr/lmr73/#/26/
Old 6 Apr 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3054420)   #1747
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I just hope that it doesn't leave these teams short on funding in some way. That would be unforgivable, especially when a quality outfit like Rebellion don't need, on the face of it, to resort to this re-branding.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3054440)   #1748
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So basically, Lotus come ploughing in to Formula One, starting a two-year long battle with a team already named Lotus (which they had already agreed to), just to get their own name back and rebrand another existing team, only to pull out as soon as they got the name?

That's stupidity and immaturity at its very finest, but their sportscar "project" looks to be even worse. What on earth are they playing at?
Old 6 Apr 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3054452)   #1749
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I just hope that it doesn't leave these teams short on funding in some way. That would be unforgivable, especially when a quality outfit like Rebellion don't need, on the face of it, to resort to this re-branding.
I would be very angry if Rebellion were hurt by any of Lotus's problems. I couldnt careless about the LMP2 team though. If your going do to a factory effort right, hire some pros for crying out loud. If they were running an all pro GT effort like Corvette are then that would make a whole lot more sense by actually racing cars they make not just slapping their badge on others they don't. As much as think the JPS livery looks splendid I would rather see it on an actual Lotus.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3054485)   #1750
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
John Dagys explains that Rebellion painted the car in the JPS livery without a signed contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by @johndagys
Ok, I'm honestly confused about everything "Lotus". Lotus has terminated its title sponsorship deal in F1, but team will still be Lotus?!

And then I find out that the Rebellion-Lotus tie-in is not yet "signed" yet, the cars were painted up in Lotus livery at Sebring! #WEC
Addendum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by @johndagys
Correction: When I previously said Rebellion-Lotus deal was not "signed", I meant to say "finalized". Hence, no announcement from team yet

It just adds to the confusion we all have about Lotus' involvement in sportscar racing (at least from a sponsorship perspective)

Read more about Rebellion situation in latest issue of "Le Mans Racing" - which is now offered in English. Brilliant! http://bit.ly/Heq0Nt

Last edited by gwyllion; 6 Apr 2012 at 16:26.