Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Mar 2009, 03:41 (Ref:2409283)   #1751
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frosty heats up...

Click Here

Quote:
FORD'S No. 1 driver warned Holden to "put up or shut up" as the fierce battle between the Blue Oval and the Red Lion resumed at the V8 Supercars season launch last night.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 5 Mar 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2409569)   #1752
drift king
Racer

drift king should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slade's backer, James Rosenberg, who owned his DVS car last year, now owns the car Ingall raced last year and Tim will drive in 09. That frees up some cash for the Morrises and is Tim's payment for the season.
Similar to Coulthard where his backer, Grey Mathias bought the BF Falcon Fabian raced in 08. But he also injected cash into PCR for that ride.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2409584)   #1753
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is the previous champion allowed back in the Development Series... You'd have thought Owen would be backed in a ex-Paul Morris Tint-A-Car VE smoking the field... With the standard so high, if any of the rookies in their 888 or HRT cars could keep up, they would be rushed into the main game for sure leaving Owen without a main game drive again
Old 5 Mar 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2409823)   #1754
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Armageddon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Is the previous champion allowed back in the Development Series... You'd have thought Owen would be backed in a ex-Paul Morris Tint-A-Car VE smoking the field... With the standard so high, if any of the rookies in their 888 or HRT cars could keep up, they would be rushed into the main game for sure leaving Owen without a main game drive again
As far as I am aware the defending Champion isn't allowed back the year after they win.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2410290)   #1755
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift king View Post
Slade's backer, James Rosenberg, who owned his DVS car last year, now owns the car Ingall raced last year and Tim will drive in 09. That frees up some cash for the Morrises and is Tim's payment for the season.
Similar to Coulthard where his backer, Grey Mathias bought the BF Falcon Fabian raced in 08. But he also injected cash into PCR for that ride.

Old 6 Mar 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2410314)   #1756
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So its settled, Supercheap best livery of 09. Go for the hattrick next year!
Old 6 Mar 2009, 14:10 (Ref:2410396)   #1757
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
As far as I am aware the defending Champion isn't allowed back the year after they win.
If Walkinshaw ran Owen's car they surely would be in court for restraint of trade...

Hardly fair to limit Owen's ability to earn a heathly supplementary income to his day job by driving in the Fujitsu series just because he can't get a drive in the main game. It should be a professional series in it's own right, like the Nationwide series, really shouldn't it. Especially with no Carerra Cup to put up a few more paid drives for professional drivers...

At least it will be interesting to see the Holden bosses cringe as Owen punts the #22 to a fractionally quicker lap time than an untidy lap by Tander in the top 10 shootout at Bathurst, or similar???
Old 6 Mar 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2410548)   #1758
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift king View Post

James Rosenberg??

Is he the Gawler Farm Machinery bloke????? Obviously has a few shekels to rub together...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 6 Mar 2009, 20:16 (Ref:2410576)   #1759
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Supercheap the best livery? Are you kidding? Looks like a dogs breakfast!
Old 6 Mar 2009, 20:30 (Ref:2410587)   #1760
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I wouldnt say settled, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we havent seen them on the track yet, but in my opinion that is much better looking than last years
Old 7 Mar 2009, 00:47 (Ref:2410710)   #1761
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But the SuperCheap design still doesnt look like the store logo.

WOW is closer this year, but its still not the same as the signpost out the front.

Quite interesting interpretations by the marketing types in each business, but its not exactly the same as when you rock up outside the building.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 00:57 (Ref:2410715)   #1762
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So its settled, Supercheap best livery of 09.
If it had lighter coloured wheels i would say case dismissed
Old 7 Mar 2009, 00:58 (Ref:2410716)   #1763
petebendon
Rookie

petebendon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

awesome look joins hrt as best of 09, t8 good as normal, winterbums ok, castrol fpr dogs brekky -- but scar doesnt look like the real race car wheels, saw it on the tele and dont think it is. great donuts rusty!!!
Old 7 Mar 2009, 00:59 (Ref:2410717)   #1764
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
At least it will be interesting to see the Holden bosses cringe as Owen punts the #22 to a fractionally quicker lap time than an untidy lap by Tander in the top 10 shootout at Bathurst, or similar???
Is he confirmed as a HRT enduro driver is he? I hope so
Old 7 Mar 2009, 02:07 (Ref:2410743)   #1765
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
FPR FG Has Problems

Wonder why they couldnt rat the #5 car for the oil tank so Richo could get his full complement of laps??
Old 7 Mar 2009, 02:23 (Ref:2410744)   #1766
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
But the SuperCheap design still doesnt look like the store logo.

WOW is closer this year, but its still not the same as the signpost out the front.

Quite interesting interpretations by the marketing types in each business, but its not exactly the same as when you rock up outside the building.

... dont look like...

or

or

or

or

or this year...
Old 7 Mar 2009, 03:49 (Ref:2410768)   #1767
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You try making red and yellow look attractive by themselves...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 7 Mar 2009, 04:02 (Ref:2410773)   #1768
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the autobarn livery is the best ive seen so far. will have to wait till they are on track for a final judgement.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 04:12 (Ref:2410784)   #1769
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
FPR FG Has Problems

Wonder why they couldnt rat the #5 car for the oil tank so Richo could get his full complement of laps??
Quote:
“The Queensland teams like Triple Eight are doing the same (car shake downs) today (Friday) and if they have zero problems with their cars then they are far superior than us.”
An interesting sentence.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 04:19 (Ref:2410788)   #1770
drift king
Racer

drift king should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SBR shook down their number 4 Irwin car yesterday with what looked like no major dramas. It did all 20 laps and looked/sounded good.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 05:06 (Ref:2410799)   #1771
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
Quote:
“ then they are far superior than us.”

2008 proved that didn't it?
Old 7 Mar 2009, 05:32 (Ref:2410803)   #1772
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR the problem is, they probably want to distance themselves from HRT as much as possible, i know if i had a race team, i wouldn't want it looking anything like the factory outfit (mostly red), 'd want it to stand out the most. Reversing the colours is a great idea in my eyes.

And to everyone else, it was clearly MY opinion that its the best of 09, of course everyone will think differently (hell some people even like last years Irwin car)
Old 7 Mar 2009, 09:02 (Ref:2410866)   #1773
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm with you mate best livery for 09.

1. PMM - good evolution of 08 looks hot.
  2. HRT - i like the mostly red car and it looks aggresive.
  3. SGR - huge improvement, good design and colour combo.
  4. JD Kelly - very simple but very effective.
  5. PCR - nice design and colour combo, return of the green eyed monster.
  6. Bundaberg Red - see JD Kelly, love the Bear, nice livery silver goes with the red.
  7. AutoBarn - improvement on last year very stylish design.
  8. WOW - looks aggresive and different.
  9. SBR #9 - i like the colour combo and the lines of the design.
  10. BOC - nice evolution abit white but still nice.
  11. SBR#4 - see SBR #9, just abit much of the blue here.
  12. RNR - only a few little changes but still nice.
  13. FPR #5 - the addition of silver & yellow make this design stand out.
  14. Vodafone - nice design but getting abit old.
  15. FPR #6 - like the design but not keen on the colour combo, gotta use sponser colours.
  16. Dodo Racing - would look way better on white but the design has warmed to me.
  17. JBR #17 - expected abit more from them as 07/8 designs were very nice.
  18. GRM - see Vodafone.
  19. Inta Racing - i like red cars, looks like a nice car not to bad.
  20. JBR #18 - see JBR #17, the yellow stripes here though look crap.
  21. Fujitsu Racing - not a fan, if it was like RNR reverse the black & white would look ok.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 10:19 (Ref:2410894)   #1774
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pro, you've got listitis.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2410896)   #1775
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why? i havn't posted a list of any form for yonks. Jack's got more listitis of late just take a look at the Fujitsu thread.