Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jun 2011, 10:55 (Ref:2898705)   #176
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yaknow , I honestly couldnt see that result . I was thinking that if both of them lasted 3 or 4 hours .

Fair dues to them ..... I really hope there will be some support from Lotus towards JetAlliance ..... Im impressed so far .
Old 14 Jun 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2898789)   #177
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I missed it, what was the failure on the #64?
Can't find the exact quote in DSC's hourly updates, but IIRC #64 was stranded out on track after losing a wheel?
Old 14 Jun 2011, 12:22 (Ref:2898794)   #178
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Can't find the exact quote in DSC's hourly updates, but IIRC #64 was stranded out on track after losing a wheel?
Official ACO stats page lists reason for retirement as "accident" and the car was retired at 4 AM on Sunday. Maybe not really helpful, but that's all I can get from the stats.

Last edited by Victor_RO; 14 Jun 2011 at 12:30.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 13:17 (Ref:2898824)   #179
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
They turned down both the engines for the race which was a wise decision but I honest still thought they would both lunch themselves. Really pleased to see the #65 cross the line.
Pretty weird as the engines did 31,5 hours at full chat at cosworth. Atleast that was what I was told at the pit walk by one of the team members. But hey atleast it finished. I think it did surprisingly well...
The car also sounded pretty mean and did shoot some nice flames when braking for the dunlop chicane
Old 15 Jul 2011, 06:33 (Ref:2926927)   #180
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if this is news or not, but apparently Lotus will run a factory team in the US, Lotus Sport USA, headed up by Ian Dawson and John Pritzlaff. They will run Evoras full-time next year in the ALMS and LMP2s are mentioned as well. I guess they will race those whenever they are completed.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v5....php?id=601431
Old 15 Jul 2011, 06:36 (Ref:2926929)   #181
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Well thats great news, hopefully JetAlliance return next year and we could have Evoras racing on both sides of the pond. Im guessing that they will race the Evora until the LMP comes online and then switch to that. They'll need all pro lineups to be competitive in GT though.
Old 15 Jul 2011, 06:42 (Ref:2926931)   #182
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe some of the Lotus IRL drivers will drive the cars on non-conflicting weekends. I don't know. We'll see. The already diverse ALMS GT grid appears to be getting even more diverse though. As far as competitiveness goes, I don't think they'll be a big threat to the established elite, but IMSA is not shy about giving underdogs lots of breaks. To that extent, they may be close to the pack and might be able to score some good results ala the Robertson Ford this past weekend.
Old 15 Jul 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2927056)   #183
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good news. Especially with the possibility of BMW's departure looming on the horizon.

Shame there isn't a date mentioned for the P2 car.
The official release (here) also states WEC participation is being considered.
Old 15 Jul 2011, 13:16 (Ref:2927070)   #184
AGD
Veteran

Yeah, we may not see the LMP2s at a race until 2013. Maybe towards the end of 2012 would be the best case scenario. We'll see. Lotus had a change in plan as to what engine they wanted to use in LMP2 and that is causing the delay as I think they want to use the engine from one of their 2013 road car models instead of the current Evora engine.

The initial design was for a homegrown coupe for LMP2 I do believe. Will this fit under the cost-capped regulations? The regulations have not been too kind to non cost-capped cars.

Also, I might as well throw it out there since Lotus seems to be in everything else aside from NASCAR and monster truck racing, but does anyone think there is any chance Lotus may build a LMP1 in the next few years?
Old 15 Jul 2011, 13:36 (Ref:2927077)   #185
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Maybe some of the Lotus IRL drivers will drive the cars on non-conflicting weekends.
Sato/Viso in endurance racing - dear god that would be bedlam
Old 15 Jul 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2927103)   #186
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe so but Tony Kanaan would be a great addition - and he actually does have some P2 experience
Old 15 Jul 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2927147)   #187
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, we may not see the LMP2s at a race until 2013. Maybe towards the end of 2012 would be the best case scenario. We'll see. Lotus had a change in plan as to what engine they wanted to use in LMP2 and that is causing the delay as I think they want to use the engine from one of their 2013 road car models instead of the current Evora engine.

The initial design was for a homegrown coupe for LMP2 I do believe. Will this fit under the cost-capped regulations? The regulations have not been too kind to non cost-capped cars.

Also, I might as well throw it out there since Lotus seems to be in everything else aside from NASCAR and monster truck racing, but does anyone think there is any chance Lotus may build a LMP1 in the next few years?
It's difficult to gauge whether Lotus considers the (quality of) competition they would potentially be competing with as an issue.

They dived head first into GTE, despite the enormous competition there.

Obviously far too early to tell but, that seems like a positive indicator.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 15 Jul 2011 at 17:46.
Old 15 Jul 2011, 22:40 (Ref:2927241)   #188
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Sato/Viso in endurance racing - dear god that would be bedlam
Those can do quite well on a quarterstint strategy.

Last edited by Pandamasque; 15 Jul 2011 at 22:46.
Old 17 Jul 2011, 23:54 (Ref:2927883)   #189
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Says here the P2 is expected at Le Mans 2012.

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/inter...medium=twitter
Old 18 Jul 2011, 00:00 (Ref:2927885)   #190
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Says here the P2 is expected at Le Mans 2012.
Odd. I thought the LMP2 was delayed for the reasons presented by HJJ in post #169 of this thread.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 01:29 (Ref:2927899)   #191
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Odd. I thought the LMP2 was delayed for the reasons presented by HJJ in post #169 of this thread.
Yes, it was a bit of an odd story. It was almost like the aco just heard about Lotus wanting to do a lmp2.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2927994)   #192
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not reading too much into it. The question mark in the headline is a dead giveaway. They always put up there speculative articles on their site. The daft thing is the ACO must be privy to loads of really juicy gossip.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2966829)   #193
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Latest according to Autosport is that the LMP2 has been put on hold indefinitely. Reason being budget and the need to focus on the various iterations of the Evora. Claudio Berro also talks about the new Toyota-based V6 only being on the dyno since August but honestly I don't see that as an issue.

Turns out they don't have the bottomless pit of money them seemed to imply. Hardly a surprise but a shame not to see the LMP2, even if it hasn't officially been canned. Better for their image to get the Evora sorted rather than running two half-baked programmes.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 20:28 (Ref:2966831)   #194
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Latest according to Autosport is that the LMP2 has been put on hold indefinitely. Reason being budget and the need to focus on the various iterations of the Evora. Claudio Berro also talks about the new Toyota-based V6 only being on the dyno since August but honestly I don't see that as an issue.

Turns out they don't have the bottomless pit of money them seemed to imply. Hardly a surprise but a shame not to see the LMP2, even if it hasn't officially been canned. Better for their image to get the Evora sorted rather than running two half-baked programmes.
Shocking news!....
Old 6 Oct 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2966871)   #195
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Shocking news!....
Shocking! But don't worry, Ian Dawson still has a Radical and plans on using it apparently! I'm sure we're all eagerly awaiting it blowing an engine pulling out of the pits during the first practice session and then withdrawing of whatever race it enters. If it ever shows up that is.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 23:57 (Ref:2966907)   #196
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Shocking! But don't worry, Ian Dawson still has a Radical and plans on using it apparently! I'm sure we're all eagerly awaiting it blowing an engine pulling out of the pits during the first practice session and then withdrawing of whatever race it enters. If it ever shows up that is.
so is he no longer in charge of running the GTE program in the states next season?
Old 7 Oct 2011, 00:02 (Ref:2966909)   #197
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
so is he no longer in charge of running the GTE program in the states next season?
I think the Radical LMP2 is in addition to the planned Lotus program. We have not heard much about this lately and it is Ian Dawson so I would not be shocked if nothing ends up hitting the track, but the plan is still for there to be Evoras in the ALMS.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 20:35 (Ref:2967687)   #198
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A reasonable decision if you ask me
More reasonable would be to bin the GT3 also
2 parallel programms are a task on its own for an small manufacturer like Lotus.
They have the relatively healthy looking GT4-Evora and the GTE - which is a construction area so far
An additional LMP2 would have turned into a second AMR-One - no one needs such things...
Old 8 Oct 2011, 21:18 (Ref:2967701)   #199
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[
An additional LMP2 would have turned into a second AMR-One - no one needs such things...[/QUOTE]

Sorry Harald,

but here you are absolutely wrong. Lotus had engaged Paolo Catone to design this car. Paolo is a very experienced sports car designer which was heavily envolved into the Peugeot 905 program, did nearly all Courage cars and was chief engineer of the Peugeot 908 until he left Peugeot Sport.
So he would have never made the same mistakes as the AMR-crew.
But sad that we will perhaps never see his design.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2968003)   #200
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Dissapointed with Lotus pulling outta P2 , but Im not surprised really . Bit too much too soon .

Their hoping for GT2 in ALMS ..... tell me who would want to run that car , after the season its just had ?