Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Jan 2014, 10:00 (Ref:3355533)   #176
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
- Completely convinced by Craft AMR's lineup... Frank Yu is the owner/founder, O'Young is their star driver and experienced at Le Mans, and Merlin is a gentleman driver and Le Mans expert. I don't see that changing.
I doubt Merlin would drive for them considering Sawa is already putting together a campaign for his drive. If they can get the FIA to rate Sawa as a Silver driver, then we have a potentially class winning lineup on our hands. The perfect recipe for GTE Am seems to be: Gentleman, Pro, and "disguised" Pro.

Just some prime examples of FIA ignorance..
Lorenzo Case (Silver)
Akira Iida (Bronze)

Last edited by somebodysb2; 18 Jan 2014 at 10:15.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3355606)   #177
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
- I wonder how Hunter-Reay will fit a Le Mans trip in his schedule. The Dual in Detroit (Belle Isle) IndyCar weekend should technically keep him from attending the test day, rendering him ineligible for the ride. Can anyone correct me on this?
Correct, he hasn't done his 10 laps.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 22:07 (Ref:3355710)   #178
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
E-I also had a go at putting together a list.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/une...eures-du-mans/

No real surprises on there - but obviously it will change if the Lotus P1 rumours turn out to be true.
Krohn as GTE-Pro?
Old 19 Jan 2014, 01:07 (Ref:3355753)   #179
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
http://sportscar365.com/wec/kodewa-p...ew-lotus-t129/
Two Lotus LMP1s for Le Mans 2014!

My take: http://centrendurance.com/2014/01/18...lmp1-l-effort/

Last edited by Beetle; 19 Jan 2014 at 01:21.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 04:41 (Ref:3355776)   #180
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I posted this on Facebook but it might even be better suited here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FE&usp=sharing

THE UNOFFICIAL 2014 24 HOURS OF LE MANS ENTRY LIST
I've created a Google Spreadsheet for an unofficial entry list for the 2014 Le Mans 24 prior to the ACO press conference in February. I'm the sole editor but feel free to comment off to the side!

-Beetle
Old 19 Jan 2014, 09:26 (Ref:3355804)   #181
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice one - now if you promise to keep it nice and up to date, I'll pinch it for my website.........
Old 19 Jan 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3355814)   #182
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good job Beetle.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3355830)   #183
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I posted this on Facebook but it might even be better suited here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FE&usp=sharing

THE UNOFFICIAL 2014 24 HOURS OF LE MANS ENTRY LIST
I've created a Google Spreadsheet for an unofficial entry list for the 2014 Le Mans 24 prior to the ACO press conference in February. I'm the sole editor but feel free to comment off to the side!

-Beetle
Hahaha, epic "unofficial" entry list. Now what about Baguette, Rossiter, Weeda, Liuzzi and many more drivers?
Old 19 Jan 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3355875)   #184
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good stuff Beetle.

Hoping we'll get some surprises. Only 11 or so days until entries have to be in so we should see more announcements around that time.
Old 20 Jan 2014, 08:51 (Ref:3356148)   #185
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Heinemeier is said to be talking with Dalla Lana about a drive with AM in the Danish media.
Old 20 Jan 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3356379)   #186
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
Heinemeier is said to be talking with Dalla Lana about a drive with AM in the Danish media.
Do you mean he's planning to co-drive with Dalla Lana in the same car or just discussing options, possibly for a different car?

I was under the impression that Young Driver AMR would keep the all-Danish lineup and Dalla Lana would co-drive with two others. And Goethe/Hall/Campbell-Walter would drop in for Le Mans in a one-off from their ELMS duties.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3356529)   #187
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Driving in the same car. I think that we will see an all Danish line-up if the Young Driver AMR is entered. But I dont think that Heinemeier is part of it.

Maybe Kasper H. Jensen who was part of Perfection Racing in Dubai, but this is only me thinking this.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 07:12 (Ref:3356530)   #188
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
Driving in the same car. I think that we will see an all Danish line-up if the Young Driver AMR is entered. But I dont think that Heinemeier is part of it.

Maybe Kasper H. Jensen who was part of Perfection Racing in Dubai, but this is only me thinking this.
That's cool for him IMO.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3357214)   #189
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
http://sportscar365.com/gt/sebastien...ng-2014-plans/
Slightly different topic here. I've kept track of the drivers attending test sessions for Sebastien Loeb Racing and this is what I've got:

- Kevin Estre
- Sacha Bottemanne
- Jean-Karl Vernay
- Oliver Webb
- Andreas Zuber
- Niki Mayr-Melnhof
- Olivier Lombard
(hasn't been mentioned officially but I suspect Loeb himself and Nicolas Marroc were there as well...)

So if they do make Le Mans, who are the three drivers? What do you think?

I'll take a stab at it: Loeb, Marroc, Lombard. All experienced at Le Mans, and I believe they meet LMP2 driver ranking requirements.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3357218)   #190
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That a driver like Jean-Karl Vernay hasn't found a seat in a LMP1 outfit yet, I don't understand.
If the plug wasn't pulled by Peugeot, he would have been racing in the top class.
Old 23 Jan 2014, 01:33 (Ref:3357247)   #191
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
That a driver like Jean-Karl Vernay hasn't found a seat in a LMP1 outfit yet, I don't understand.
If the plug wasn't pulled by Peugeot, he would have been racing in the top class.
But one could argue that he hasn't exactly been stellar while driving for IMSA Performance Matmut, so does he deserve the drive?

In LMP2, I believe so. LMP1? Probably not...

Just my two cents..
Old 23 Jan 2014, 03:33 (Ref:3357262)   #192
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But one could argue that he hasn't exactly been stellar while driving for IMSA Performance Matmut, so does he deserve the drive?

In LMP2, I believe so. LMP1? Probably not...

Just my two cents..
It's tough to gauge his performance whilst campaigning a three year old Porsche. You're right he hasn't been stellar, despite winning Le Mans. He's not been on the pace in SuperCup either but there's certainly some quality there.

Not sure if he's still Porsche affiliated this year. If they adopt a third car in the future he could be in with a shout. Shame he couldn't get a TUSC seat.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3358108)   #193
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
SMP confirm the 2x Orecas - which we pretty much knew.

But they will also run a 458 GTE in the ELMS.

I'm assuming they'll try and get that into Le Mans too. Might end up on the reserves list initially.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=21512
Old 26 Jan 2014, 13:29 (Ref:3359609)   #194
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dutch MotorsTV commentators just reported that Jeroen Bleekemolen already has a drive for Le Mans this year. But it's not up to them to say for which team he will be driving.

So let's speculate!

- A drive in the SRT Viper factory teams seems the most logical. But that means that at least one of the NAEC Viper drivers won't be doing Le Mans with them.
- Back with Rebellion, they need a replacement for Neel Jani.
- A second year with Race Performance.

These seems to be the most logic options to me.
Old 26 Jan 2014, 13:32 (Ref:3359615)   #195
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
- A drive in the SRT Viper factory teams seems the most logical. But that means that at least one of the NAEC Viper drivers won't be doing Le Mans with them.
That would probably be Ryan Hunter-Reay, he'd be a LM rookie and would need to do his 10 laps at the Test Day, but Test Day clashes with an Indycar race at Detroit.
Old 26 Jan 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3359666)   #196
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well whatever it is it's good the Dutch fans know they'll have a guy in the race.

Jeroen is the definition of a 'hired gun' so he could literally land anywhere. Be great to see him in a pro Viper.
Old 26 Jan 2014, 15:16 (Ref:3359689)   #197
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Would be even greater to see him in a Rebellion again...
Old 26 Jan 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3359764)   #198
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dutch MotorsTV commentators just reported that Jeroen Bleekemolen already has a drive for Le Mans this year. But it's not up to them to say for which team he will be driving.

So let's speculate!

Later they said that Jeroen Bleekemolen might do a few WEC rounds for Ferrari.
Old 26 Jan 2014, 18:29 (Ref:3359923)   #199
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

So let's speculate!

I talked with him last year in Le Mans. He said he already had a GTE-AM seat for Le Mans 2014. He didn't want to tell which car/team, in fact this was already a slip of the tongue.
So no suprising news for me.
Old 26 Jan 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3360177)   #200
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
I talked with him last year in Le Mans. He said he already had a GTE-AM seat for Le Mans 2014. He didn't want to tell which car/team, in fact this was already a slip of the tongue.
So no suprising news for me.
A lot can change in six months. Especially in the Am ranks.