Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 7 Aug 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3286888)   #176
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
The article refers to the manufacturers he's driven for, which are Audi, Vauxhall, Seat and Chevy. The BMW you show isn't a factory car but a local (dealer) team.

Also I think your tone is a bit harsh, what did TCT do to you to be called incompetent?
doesn't say "BMW France" on it ?? plus if I remember correctly BMW did have a works (or semi works) team in French Super Touring championship with Yvan as one of the drivers , Yvan also drove for BMW in the Andros Trophy for a number of years

TcT seems to spend more time moderating the comments section than doing proper research as proof now hardly anyone posts there, it's not the first time they do mistakes
Old 7 Aug 2013, 13:46 (Ref:3286910)   #177
LeonidasBL
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
LeonidasBL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson View Post
I didn't know that. Thanks for the correction.

I would love to see a switch for most manufacturers to saloon models. A field of Citroen C-Elyssee, Honda Civic Saloon, LADA Granta and from 2015 and on a SEAT Toledo, that would look very nice. Hey, I would also accept a next-gen BMW 1-series (perhaps in saloon shape) even if it comes with FWD as it looks . Time will tell. But so far Citroen has one h*ll of a team already.
Cant see SEAT using the Toledo. They dont even make it in there own factory! The Leon is the car that they want to market because they are trying to sort out there ''home turf'' (Europe) before tackling emerging markets around the world.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3286917)   #178
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
doesn't say "BMW France" on it ?? plus if I remember correctly BMW did have a works (or semi works) team in French Super Touring championship with Yvan as one of the drivers , Yvan also drove for BMW in the Andros Trophy for a number of years

BMW France is exactly as Bramzel said, a local importer, not a manufacturer.

And Andros is not touring car racing. You've clearly been banned from their comments section and have a bee in your bonnet. There's no room for it here.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3286924)   #179
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
That's a serious team! I hope that Seat and Chevrolet get back, or it may get boring.

Quote:
Muller, who has raced for SEAT and Chevrolet since joining the WTCC
Muller didn't race for BMW at the WTCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The hatch isn't available over here.
Or here. C-segment cars in Latin America tend to be sedans.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3286925)   #180
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
doesn't say "BMW France" on it ??

That says "BMW Finance"...

Not too keen on your tone here personally, keep the discussion on track please.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3286926)   #181
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Now, I don't like the name "Citroën Racing". It's a french team, it should be called "Citroën Sport".
Old 7 Aug 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3286928)   #182
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

BMW France is exactly as Bramzel said, a local importer, not a manufacturer.
they mentioned in the video that BMW was runned by Oreca at 7.30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBJWAY0n74c , they were way ahead of the other BMW on the grid

from Wikipedia on ORECA page

Quote:
Since the early 90s the team has concentrated on running sports cars and GT cars running the works BMW operation in the French Supertouring Championship
So now confirmed Yvan Muller had works drive for BMW

Last edited by porsche962fan; 7 Aug 2013 at 15:02.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3286937)   #183
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonidasBL View Post
Cant see SEAT using the Toledo. They dont even make it in there own factory!
So? C-Elysee isn't made in a Citroen factory but no-one seems to care.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3286940)   #184
keviiinn
Rookie

United States
New York, USA
keviiinn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see Honda even close to challenging Citroen next year. nothing short of a full-on factory effort with RML can challenge them. Citroen is putting all the marbles in their WTCC program.

the only thing left right now is to see who partners with RML. I'm hoping the rumor of Chevy coming back is true, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3286942)   #185
LeonidasBL
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Is there still talk of having a push to pass system? I think such a system would level the playing field in terms of body shape and straight line speed, also more overtaking.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3286970)   #186
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonidasBL View Post
Is there still talk of having a push to pass system? I think such a system would level the playing field in terms of body shape and straight line speed, also more overtaking.
Not until at least 2015.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3287011)   #187
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wish Volvo would get in the mix, I really like these new cars!
Old 7 Aug 2013, 21:56 (Ref:3287041)   #188
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
they mentioned in the video that BMW was runned by Oreca at 7.30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBJWAY0n74c , they were way ahead of the other BMW on the grid

from Wikipedia on ORECA page

So now confirmed Yvan Muller had works drive for BMW
Thats shocking that you're using Wikipedia as the absolute factual truth. Anyone could go on and change anything on any page.

Oh look. It seems the Oreca page has suddenly changed....
Old 7 Aug 2013, 23:14 (Ref:3287060)   #189
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 7 Aug 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3287065)   #190
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Yvan Muller had works drive for BMW
But not at the WTCC.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3287070)   #191
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Thats shocking that you're using Wikipedia as the absolute factual truth. Anyone could go on and change anything on any page.

Oh look. It seems the Oreca page has suddenly changed....
Let's check the actual Oreca page:

o- 1995: Champion de France Supertourisme - Yvan Muller (BMW 318 ti)
o- 1995/96: Vainqueur Classement Pilotes Trophée Andros - Yvan Muller (BMW 318 ti)
o- 1996/97: Vainqueur Classement Pilotes Trophée Andros - Yvan Muller (BMW 318 ti Compact & Z3)
Old 8 Aug 2013, 00:54 (Ref:3287099)   #192
LeonidasBL
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Isn't this thread about WTCC 2014?
Old 8 Aug 2013, 03:12 (Ref:3287135)   #193
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What will happen next year with unofficial marks cars?
Will these cars updated to the new rules?
if this does not happen just have Citroen, Honda and Lada. very poor!!
Old 8 Aug 2013, 03:35 (Ref:3287141)   #194
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see in the WTCC 15 or 20 different car models, and 40 or 50 cars in the grid. I think a system similar to the FIA GT3 but with touring cars would allow to see many different car models.
I do not like BOP but the current system offers very few cars, few brands and a bored championship with a single absolute dominant.
In my point of view should also be allowed the coupes, as were the championships of eighties and first times of nineties or like the original DTM.
VW Scirocco, Renault Megane RS, Peugeot RCZ, Toyota 86, Hyundai Genesis, Mazda MX5, Volvo C30, Audi TT, Mercedes SLK should be racing in the WTCC.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 06:11 (Ref:3287174)   #195
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
But not at the WTCC.
but TCT mentioned his works drives in BTCC, STW Cup etc so Yvan Muller also had works BMW drive in French Touring and was even CHAMPION in it and I think it's now case closed

BTW I remember this stuff cos I followed Eurosport when I was a kid after 95 season all 4 manufacterers (Opel, Peugeot, BMW and Alfa Romeo) pulled out and the championship was reduced to just small privateers and even all sorts of other cars like Rallye Cars, Group A , cup cars to make up the grid

back to current WTCC 2014 what I counted so far

3 Hondas (Assuming Zengo continue with Honda)
2 Citroen
2 Lada

that means only about 7 cars to new regs and perhaps the rest hords of old BMW, SEAT and Cruze will fill the rest of grid

Last edited by porsche962fan; 8 Aug 2013 at 06:30.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3287241)   #196
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by keviiinn View Post
I don't see Honda even close to challenging Citroen next year. nothing short of a full-on factory effort with RML can challenge them. Citroen is putting all the marbles in their WTCC program.

the only thing left right now is to see who partners with RML. I'm hoping the rumor of Chevy coming back is true, but I'm not holding my breath.
Nothing short of a full-factory effort is needed to challenge Citroën indeed, but I don't agree that RML has to be involved. They've shown their quality in the past years for sure, but with similar budgets outfits like Oreca, N-Technology, Prodrive or Triple 8 could perform just as good.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3287276)   #197
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Nothing short of a full-factory effort is needed to challenge Citroën indeed, but I don't agree that RML has to be involved. They've shown their quality in the past years for sure, but with similar budgets outfits like Oreca, N-Technology, Prodrive or Triple 8 could perform just as good.
There are plenty of proven teams out there that can compete if they have the budget. The trouble is I can't realistically see anyone matching Citroens budget - they've done a similar thing in the WRC up until VW came along. Outspend everyone and wipe the floor with them. It could be very dull at the front (at least Muller will be off into the distance - I'm not sure how Loeb will stack up against the other drivers).
Old 8 Aug 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3287307)   #198
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't wait to see how Citroen and their pair of Alsatians get on.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3287359)   #199
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
There are plenty of proven teams out there that can compete if they have the budget. The trouble is I can't realistically see anyone matching Citroens budget - they've done a similar thing in the WRC up until VW came along. Outspend everyone and wipe the floor with them. It could be very dull at the front (at least Muller will be off into the distance - I'm not sure how Loeb will stack up against the other drivers).
It does feel a little like that with current world championship. Powerful manufacturer enters world championship with mostly independents, dominates and then repeats until its time to pass onto another manufacturer. In this case Chevrolet to Citroën. As much as I hate to put a downer on things, the said thing is that I don't see Honda or Lada increasing their development to beat them.

And things aren't looking good for the BMW teams...
Old 8 Aug 2013, 17:00 (Ref:3287364)   #200
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alfa Romeo, KIA and Subaru interested in the reborn WTCC.