Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Dec 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3341065)   #2126
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TUDOR Championship@UnitedSportsCar28s
One clarification to today's accepted entries: OAK Racing will indeed be a full-season entry. Complete list here -> http://www.imsa.com/files/2014/Newsletter/12052013/12062013_EntryList.pdf …

L.P.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 00:16 (Ref:3341080)   #2127
canciaro
Racer

Canada
Windsor
canciaro is a back marker
Id rather see every team get at least one car and then once the teams are in then allow 2nd cars or have them share a pit stall. Id rather see more teams which in the long run may help the series. Id rather see more teams get to hire people and bring sponsorship then a ton of Level 5 cars out there with nothing on them or 5 DP cars all with venezuelan advertising.

Michigan Football & Basketball, Oregon Football, Detroit Tigers
Old 7 Dec 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3341082)   #2128
canciaro
Racer

Canada
Windsor
Forgot to add this, hey Grand-Am in the early 2000's could figure it out.. how hard can it be

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...002-02-03.html

Old 7 Dec 2013, 00:31 (Ref:3341085)   #2129
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
so itll basically look like this
Old 7 Dec 2013, 00:36 (Ref:3341086)   #2130
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
It's got to be a LMP right?

13 Prototypes
12 LMPC
10 GTLM
25 GTD

60 Full season cars. Got to be considered a win right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Bet some will take issue with it, somehow!

L.P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canciaro View Post
Id rather see every team get at least one car and then once the teams are in then allow 2nd cars or have them share a pit stall. Id rather see more teams which in the long run may help the series. Id rather see more teams get to hire people and bring sponsorship then a ton of Level 5 cars out there with nothing on them or 5 DP cars all with venezuelan advertising.
Didn't take long!

L.P.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 00:56 (Ref:3341089)   #2131
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't remember the last time I looked at an entry list where I've been so clueless as where to begin. How are you supposed to know who I think is a favourite, who is a dark horse, who is uncompetitive? In each class something like 25%-50% of the entrants could earn themselves a victory.

Daytona is going to be chaos. Whether that chaos comes in the form of farce or competitiveness remains to be seen, but one thing it won't be is boring.

To much moping done with this series for the larger part. If you want to compare the entry list of America's regional series with Europe's one, I know which one I'd rather tune in for...

Roll on Daytona.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 01:26 (Ref:3341093)   #2132
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Some random comments:

Surprise team missing from the list: AF Corse, which supposed submitted two full-season entries.

On the GTD side, the second SMP car, which is the 4th alternate, is a Daytona-only entry.

Very interesting that Konrad Racing is the first alternative in GTD, while GB Autosport gets an entry. I can only presume that Konrad was after NAEC-only or Daytona-only entry -- they did Daytona last year. They still might get in.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 01:27 (Ref:3341094)   #2133
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Didn't take long!

L.P.
Your posts complaining about people complaining are worse than the complainer's posts.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 01:42 (Ref:3341097)   #2134
canciaro
Racer

Canada
Windsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Your posts complaining about people complaining are worse than the complainer's posts.
+1, just made one comment about the car limit and pit stalls and this is what happens. I was gonna say something but Im a fan of the Oregon Ducks so im holding back.lol

Old 7 Dec 2013, 01:50 (Ref:3341099)   #2135
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
And could someone refresh my memory as to who Spirit of Race is again — they were granted two NAEC GTD entries with Ferrari 458 Italias.

Edit: They seem to be a Swiss team that also has two entries in the Dubai 24 Hours.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 01:54 (Ref:3341101)   #2136
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Some random comments:

Surprise team missing from the list: AF Corse, which supposed submitted two full-season entries.
They are there under "Spirit of Race" #49 and #51.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 01:56 (Ref:3341102)   #2137
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tired of the whining and complaining.

I love the schedule. I love the new series. I love the fact that there are an absolute TON of entries this year. I think all 4 classes are going to be mega competitive.

Those who want to keep whining and complaining can do so. Please take it somewhere else other than here so that those of us who want to support the good of this new series - and there is a LOT OF POSITIVES - can do so without the constant crying towels of those who are negative.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 02:03 (Ref:3341104)   #2138
TheMightyM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
They are there under "Spirit of Race" #49 and #51.
Thanks, see that now also per John Dagys' twitter feed. Interesting though that they ended up with a pair of NAEC entries while previous news coverage suggesting that they were requesting full-season entries.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 02:14 (Ref:3341107)   #2139
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The first thing on the entry list that made me laugh was the first 5 cars listed in prototypes. Their car numbers are as follows:

Old 7 Dec 2013, 02:17 (Ref:3341108)   #2140
juki
Rookie

juki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taking a stab in the dark, but could GB Autosport be re-branding of the Burtin Racing/Goldcrest Motorsport Porsche team that has raced Daytona and some other select Grand-Am races the last few years? They raced the distinctive yellow-and-green Foametix car. Just hard to imagine a completely unknown team moving straight into TUSCC with everything involved...
Old 7 Dec 2013, 02:22 (Ref:3341110)   #2141
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The series has indicated that the entry list shows all that applied, a smart move. No one was turned away even though they may only be reserves for now. With a such a large grid surely not all these entries will be able to find funding. I feel bad for Konrad who bought a car that is not compatible to race in any other GT series.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 02:22 (Ref:3341111)   #2142
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not bad!
Great to see Pickett Racing in Prototype!
Going to be interesting to see what chassis/engine combo they go with.

Nice to see Oak running full season, the Morgan has always been one of the best looking P2 cars,and that will be at least three different P2 chassis.

Six P2 cars!

GTLM will be AWESOME, no surprise there. Nice to see definite confirmation for Risi!

GTD looks very good, too.

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 7 Dec 2013 at 02:44.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 02:45 (Ref:3341113)   #2143
TheMightyM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juki View Post
Taking a stab in the dark, but could GB Autosport be re-branding of the Burtin Racing/Goldcrest Motorsport Porsche team that has raced Daytona and some other select Grand-Am races the last few years? They raced the distinctive yellow-and-green Foametix car. Just hard to imagine a completely unknown team moving straight into TUSCC with everything involved...
That's certainly one possibility, though it's still a huge step up as the only race they did in GA last year was Daytona. The other part-season Porsche teams in GA-GT last year were:

TruSpeed Motorsports -- raced as #80 at Daytona and Watkins Glen
Dener Motorsport -- raced two cars (#20 and #21) at Daytona
Brumos #59 but it's obviously not them.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were someone new to top-level US racing. I presume we'll have an answer soon enough. Or, in the alternative, Konrad will move up and get a spot.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 02:48 (Ref:3341115)   #2144
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GB Autosport Porsche is #20. Maybe whoever they are, they'll be sponsored by Gulf!

#007 and #009 on the TRG Astons, I hope one of them gets painted green.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 02:48 (Ref:3341116)   #2145
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
The Oak car will be a Ligier platform (LMP2 Coupe).

Great the see MMPR in a LMP2, but it sure would help to have 1 more GTLM team. I feel GTD will be quite unpredictable until the green flag drops.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 02:54 (Ref:3341118)   #2146
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post

Great the see MMPR in a LMP2, but it sure would help to have 1 more GTLM team. I feel GTD will be quite unpredictable until the green flag drops.
Will they be able to have the new car ready to race by Daytona? Perhaps they'll run the old car for the first few races, and then switch to the coupe. Whatever the case, great to have them over here!
Old 7 Dec 2013, 03:03 (Ref:3341120)   #2147
TheMightyM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post

The OAK entry is listed on the TUSC list as a Morgan/Nissan. Rereading the John Dagys story, it's a rather unclear when the Ligier LMP2 will make its TUSC debut and really even if it will replace the Morgan/Nissan. Here's the quote again:

Quote:
The Ligier and OnRoak partnership will see two different types of LMP2 cars. A new coupe, the Ligier LMP2, is targeted for the American market and will turn its first laps early in 2014, although no specifics were given on when “early in 2014” implies.

Meanwhile the current open-top Morgan LMP2 will be eligible to continue, although neither Nicolet nor OAK Racing team principal Sebastian Philippe has identified which teams will run the tried-and-true version for 2014 and beyond.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 04:28 (Ref:3341128)   #2148
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
That's certainly one possibility, though it's still a huge step up as the only race they did in GA last year was Daytona. The other part-season Porsche teams in GA-GT last year were:

TruSpeed Motorsports -- raced as #80 at Daytona and Watkins Glen
Dener Motorsport -- raced two cars (#20 and #21) at Daytona
Brumos #59 but it's obviously not them.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were someone new to top-level US racing. I presume we'll have an answer soon enough. Or, in the alternative, Konrad will move up and get a spot.
COMPLETE speculation: GB Autosport is short for Felipe Giaffone and Rubens Barichello. They drove in one of the Dener cars in last year's 24, and appear to have co-driven in several recent events. They are also cousins in-law. GB Autosport is #20, Dener fielded #20 and #21.

EDIT:

I also like the Goldcrest Motorsports / Claudio Burtin / Foametix angle that juki suggested on the previous page (it definitely has more legs than the Dener thing). However, one of their drivers/partners, Jack Baldwin, mentioned in an interview last month that he has no plans for TUSC: http://nasportscar.com/10-questions-...rld-challenge/

Last edited by Cuttlefish; 7 Dec 2013 at 04:51.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 05:04 (Ref:3341132)   #2149
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having Oak and Muscle Milk there is a game changer. I think this won't be a DP clean sweep by any means now. These two teams will contend for victory....everywhere. Including Daytona.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 06:58 (Ref:3341142)   #2150
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Having Oak and Muscle Milk there is a game changer. I think this won't be a DP clean sweep by any means now. These two teams will contend for victory....everywhere. Including Daytona.
I'd love to think that's true, but with the current regulations I don't think it's possible. At least according to the data collected from the test sessions, LMP2 cars are off the pace of Daytona Prototypes because of the overambitious restrictions put in place by IMSA. OAK and Muscle Milk are world-class teams and so are their drivers, but that doesn't discount the fact that Ganassi, Wayne Taylor, and Action Express are professionals, too. I haven't been following the TUSC thread much - have their been any reformative regulations put in place or is it all still the same?

GTD looks like the best class of the series. 28 entries for Daytona, 25 full season?!