Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jan 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2623105)   #201
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Am kinda interested to see how the Renault front wing will mount. Just me or have I seen 2 ways it was hung? Looked like last year in most of the shots but one picture with a thin nose and mounted like most of the rest of the teams.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2623115)   #202
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Here I mean...http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...1&d=1264966680 I think it's meant to be no?
The nose may be different, but behind that is the tub, which is the actual shell of the car (safety cell) to which the front suspension, engine, gearbox and rear suspension are fitted. The nose may appear to be a bad fit because it may not be the nose that they will use in testing.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2623129)   #203
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Don't tell me you prefer the ING scheme now....
Prefer? Nah, but there are differing levels of hate
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2623138)   #204
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like the Renault livery, but it is rather spoiled by the red endplates.

Still, thus far the 2010 liveries are top notch. If not the cars themselves!
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2623145)   #205
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I like the Renault livery, but it is rather spoiled by the red endplates.
The endplates would have been nice in black...
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2623150)   #206
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Overhead shots of both cars.

The images are said to be to scale.

If that is the R30, then they have really kept the wheelbase short!

This could be the car that was rumoured to have no change in its wheelbase.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2623151)   #207
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
That's exactly what I said to my mates, but I guess Total wouldn't agree..

Selby
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2623154)   #208
Toorop
Rookie

France
Rouen, France
Toorop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never been a Ferrari fan, quite the opposite actually...but i must admit that their combination design & painting has been the best so far, not that means anything, because at least for me, the other cars are really ugly.

As for Renault, i fear for them since they anounced a partnership with Genii instead of Prodrive. I might be completely wrong, but i'll take a wild guess that Renault won't get anywhere this year, which is a shame specially for Kubica.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:21 (Ref:2623158)   #209
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The paint job compared to last years car though is night and day, don't you think?

Thank goodness when the 2009 car launched I thought I liked it..I must have been dreaming that day...
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2623164)   #210
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The endplates would have been nice in black...
Like this?

I agree
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2623165)   #211
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
That's nice. Eddie would have liked that.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2623166)   #212
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looks great with black endplates, horrible with red ones. That mockup would probably be the best looking car launched so far this year, although I think the Lotus one, if it's based on the classic one, will be something to behold.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2623170)   #213
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'm very much expecting dark green with darkish yellow, and white trim (judging by the logo) :P

Selby
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:34 (Ref:2623173)   #214
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
That is fantastic Jab! it makes the car look so much tougher...

Good one....
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2623183)   #215
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
That is fantastic Jab! it makes the car look so much tougher...

Good one....
I shall not take credit for it. Found it on another forum. Don't know who did it, but it wasn't me - my Photoshopping skills leave a lot to be desired...
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2623186)   #216
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that looks the bees knees (no reference to the yellow and black) with the black total logos!
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2623187)   #217
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I agree with all of the above. The Renault livery is fantastic but for the red enplates. It looks gorgeous in the mock-up posted by Jab (cheers Jab).

Edit: Idea for Facebook group - "I will exclusively use Total fuels if they allow Renault to run black endplates."
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2623195)   #218
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Okay well take credit for finding it then...By the way what are you doing at another forum?
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2623210)   #219
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Renault looks fantastic - and I will cope with the red endplates. The nosecone thing intrigues me. Are we saying that the nosecone fitted for the unveiling is not a good fit at all and that the real front wing will be fitted in time for the first test, so as to limit other people's chances to take notes on it ahead of track time?

The Sauber looks terrible in my opinion. Is that grey that they're using? I think it might end up looking similar to the Mercedes, which is a shame because this is a great opportunity to find a nice new livery. Even keeping BMW colours would have been acceptable, sort of (BMW colours, Ferrari engine, McLaren driver?). I want Sauber to do well but the car looks hideous to me.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2623212)   #220
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Okay well take credit for finding it then...By the way what are you doing at another forum?
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy View Post
The Sauber looks terrible in my opinion. Is that grey that they're using? I think it might end up looking similar to the Mercedes, which is a shame because this is a great opportunity to find a nice new livery. Even keeping BMW colours would have been acceptable, sort of (BMW colours, Ferrari engine, McLaren driver?). I want Sauber to do well but the car looks hideous to me.
I think they haven't really had much time to get a new livery ready, plus they want to keep an element of continuity due to their dispute over the prize money and Concorde, hence why they're still BMW Sauber

The launch today was a good old on-track-pull-the-covers-off-and-stand-for-the-photographers affair - classic privateer territory. A far cry from the glamourous affair from 3 years ago. Shame they had to let it down by hiring that bloke presenting it. I can't help but laughing every time I hear his voice

Long live the privateers
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2623215)   #221
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yes, I definitely approve of the on-track reveal.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2623216)   #222
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Edit: Idea for Facebook group - "I will exclusively use Total fuels if they allow Renault to run black endplates."
I'm up for that! :P I agree, looks fab in the black end plates, the red just looks out of place currently. It did in 2009 and it does now.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:37 (Ref:2623234)   #223
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
The Sauber doesn't look too bad in my view, its just the nose section that looks pretty terrible.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 23:42 (Ref:2623329)   #224
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I like how Renault carefully applied black paint to the nose to make it look differently shaped.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2623340)   #225
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I think that Renault have played it safe here and merely asked themselves the question: 'How can we get 200 litres of fuel into a car that wasn't actually that bad and with a bit of tinkering would be a whole lot better.'

The car looks great, even with the red end-plates IMO.