Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Jun 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2239351)   #201
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is mentioned in the Acura and ALMS threads already.

L.P.
Old 28 Jun 2008, 23:24 (Ref:2239459)   #202
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk
I am a huge Franck fan, i cant tell you how happy i am that he has got this chance, however i would not be at all surprised if he gets some single seater testing with AGR later on in the year with a view to moving over to indycars next year, i say this as i am pretty sure he still sees single seaters as unfinished business. Having said that i would still expect him to be up at the sharp end straight away in ALMS regardless of team mate.
He said he will test an IndyCar on an oval with AGR.
Old 29 Jun 2008, 06:03 (Ref:2239532)   #203
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first reaction to the Mantagny story was AGR was shocked by the pace De Ferran and Paginaud displayed at Miller. I think I read they had a dev. engine, but Simon P really put the spurs to the new Acura team car. I suspect the AJR bosses took one look at those times and figured they needed new blood. Will Franck be there for Lime Rock?

dave henrie
Old 29 Jun 2008, 07:03 (Ref:2239549)   #204
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the article clearly states he will be at Lime Rock.
Old 29 Jun 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2239780)   #205
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Didn't Danica drive at Sebring last year?

PS - I'll be at the race.

You mean this Danica Patrick !!! I think she sitting on a Ford ..... any of our American folk know what kinda car she is sitting on .... might be a clue as to a new engine supplier or chassis !!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...1_1024x768.jpg
Old 29 Jun 2008, 18:27 (Ref:2239892)   #206
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She is sitting on a 57' Chevy I do believe
Old 29 Jun 2008, 21:03 (Ref:2240006)   #207
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Didn't Danica drive at Sebring last year?
She did around 20 laps at the '07 Sebring Winter Test and managed a 1:54 (compared to a 1:47 from her teammates in the same car).
Old 30 Jun 2008, 00:52 (Ref:2240127)   #208
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
You mean this Danica Patrick !!! I think she sitting on a Ford ..... any of our American folk know what kinda car she is sitting on .... might be a clue as to a new engine supplier or chassis !!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...1_1024x768.jpg
GULP. There's a car?
Old 30 Jun 2008, 06:02 (Ref:2240178)   #209
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
And some of you lot are complaining that she might be coming to ALMS.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2240392)   #210
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
As to the win, it was achieved by having the right strategy in place at the right time, period. Questionable circumstances my behind. You think others let her win?
As a matter of fact, yes I do. Looked pretty damn fishy to me when Helio slowed down so dramatically. Then to top it off, he goes on TV the next day and says "I didn't know she was on the lead lap, so I let her by." Yea, give me a break. Your team can monitor tire pressure from the pits but they can't figure out who is on the lead lap. Right, eat it up America.

The IRL needed Danica to win to justify all the hype that they have been feeding us about her, none of which has come to fruition. Helio looked pretty giddy on the podium for someone whose team just made an error such as he stated.

As to sports cars, I don't need to see her stomping her way down the front stretch at Road Atlanta, saw enough of that at Indy the past few years. And I don't need to hear her complaining that everything that happens to her is someone elses fault, either. She always has a reason for finishing 15th, and it's never because of her. Those antics and sense of entitlement need to stay in only one series, please.

As for Marco, I don't like the guy but he's undeniably quick. If he can learn to temper himself he'll be a star. Kanaan's quick, too. Mutoh is unproven but could be good. He's still learning in the IRL and has had a couple of promising runs.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 13:27 (Ref:2240462)   #211
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there is going to be a push by the Andretti family over the next few years to get Marco as much road course experience as possible and to prove that he deserves one of the spots at Honda F1.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 22:49 (Ref:2241017)   #212
jonm2
Rookie

United Kingdom
jonm2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roger Penske would not throw a race.

Penske is all about winning at any cost, always has been, always will be.

To suggest he was privy to letting this happen is ludicrous. Unless your a CCF poster
Old 30 Jun 2008, 22:57 (Ref:2241022)   #213
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
She is no world beater behind the wheel and I wouldn't get invited to the photo shoots like the one in the link anyway, which look more interesting then any of her driving performances. Heck, if she wasn't driving she would have more time for photo shoots.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 09:08 (Ref:2241224)   #214
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Did she ever star in the Hawaiian tropic vollyball contest ?
Old 1 Jul 2008, 11:33 (Ref:2241338)   #215
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
jonm2, not quite sure what a CCF poster is, but judging by the negative connotation that you attached to it, I would say I'm probably not .

I just call it like I see it.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 11:52 (Ref:2241353)   #216
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcat
jonm2, not quite sure what a CCF poster is.....

Nope, I've no idea either........
Old 1 Jul 2008, 15:27 (Ref:2241491)   #217
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Champ Car Forum

L.P.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 15:35 (Ref:2241496)   #218
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
Quote:
Champ Car Forum
Thanks for clearing that up, HORNDAWG.

In that case, I guess I would be less a CCF Poster than a MF Poster. (Motorsport Forum ) I don't dislike the IRL, in fact I have watched all the races this year and attended the Homestead race (as I have done since its inception). I just don't like the hype around DP when she doesn't deliver.

But back on topic, I think with Franck and Marco in the car at Lime Rock, AGR will be a very formidable team. Can't wait to see how it plays out!
Old 1 Jul 2008, 18:35 (Ref:2241630)   #219
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Champ Car Forum

L.P.
Forum?
Old 1 Jul 2008, 21:37 (Ref:2241821)   #220
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Maybe it's because I live and work (well, grad school) in a college town, but there are hundreds of girls as pretty or prettier around here.

I turn to the ALMS for quality sportscar racing with talented pilots whenever possible, and a lack of ridiculously overhyped media circus action. I feel that Danica is not a terrible pilot, but AGR has better ones available, and I think the media attention she would garner might be positive for the series in the short term but deleterious in the long term, because it would detract from other performances which are worthy of attention.

In summary, if I want great racing, I watch the ALMS. If I want pretty girls without demonstrably world-beating driving talent, I will look out my window at the sidewalk for 5 minutes.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2241831)   #221
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I live in a tiny village, I don't see many local girls but in the market town there are loads better.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 07:06 (Ref:2246005)   #222
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Hmm, R.Miller is saying Gil wants to have either T.Kanaan or R.Barrichello in the car next year with Pagenaud. ??? (Speed Report)

L.P.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 08:30 (Ref:2246087)   #223
The Badger
Veteran

Is Barrchello retiring from F1 ?
Old 7 Jul 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2246125)   #224
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Yes
Old 7 Jul 2008, 09:59 (Ref:2246152)   #225
The Badger
Veteran

Montagny-Barrichello would be a brilliant squad .