Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Sep 2012, 12:20 (Ref:3137781)   #201
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Tape measures at dawn then Pete !
Mmmm, cold nights forecast.......

MotorSportWeather now says just mist sat eve and proper rain Sunday morn!

Playing into the hands of the lower powered cars in Barry's race?
Old 18 Sep 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3137786)   #202
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A l'eau c'est l'heure! All being well we should be on Peninsular & Oriental from Dover around 3pm Weds. Anyone else?
Old 18 Sep 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3137813)   #203
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Early Thursday morning for us, I get the red eye out of here tonight.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 14:23 (Ref:3137834)   #204
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Thursday 6.40am Dover-Calais for us.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 14:29 (Ref:3137838)   #205
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to spectating , travelling Wednesday night Hull - Zeebrugge. (with Capri #177)
Old 18 Sep 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3137867)   #206
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thursday morning- and have made sure the ferry has Langans Brasserie......

Old 18 Sep 2012, 15:55 (Ref:3137885)   #207
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
we should be on Peninsular & Oriental from Dover around 3pm Weds
Ah , the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company.... did ever a company have a more magnificent name?
Old 18 Sep 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3137953)   #208
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thursday morning- and have made sure the ferry has Langans Brasserie......
Weren't they on Sea France which went broke last year.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3137971)   #209
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Still brewing the beer so we are on a later 7.30 ferry on Thursday. better keep us a place Tim otherwise I shall charge you for the 10 pints that you normally drink !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Sep 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3137987)   #210
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Weren't they on Sea France which went broke last year.

P&O have had Brasserie for several years, although see now that the word 'Langans' has been dropped..... Menu looks same though!

No black pudding and they are in serious trouble.

Weather forecast changed again. Will stop looking at it until about 0830 sunday!
Old 18 Sep 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3138078)   #211
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Weather forecast changed again. Will stop looking at it until about 0830 sunday!
It looks OK down at our gaff, Mrs S is going to Istanbul next week so I might just pop down for a "tan top up"

http://www.holiday-weather.com/mojac...ast/seven-day/
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Sep 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3138118)   #212
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's OK for you early ferry-goers. Two of my lot don't finish work until 5-30 on Thursday then it's down from York for the DFDS 00-30 hours from Dover to Calais. Drive for a couple of hours away from the asylum seekers and pull in for a few hours kip before onward to Spa by late morning. Just hope the onboard 'restaurant' is open at that time.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 21:55 (Ref:3138132)   #213
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
It's OK for you early ferry-goers. Two of my lot don't finish work until 5-30 on Thursday then it's down from York for the DFDS 00-30 hours from Dover to Calais. Drive for a couple of hours away from the asylum seekers and pull in for a few hours kip before onward to Spa by late morning. Just hope the onboard 'restaurant' is open at that time.
Just in time for a pint then Pete, decent stuff none of that northern "boys water" rubbish
Old 19 Sep 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3138365)   #214
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
You'll take the high road "E40"
And I will take the low "E42"
But I will be in Spaaaaaa before yeeeee.
Delta truck and me,
Are about to leave you see
Once ive had a cup of tea.
"So I will leave you all to finnish my song"
Old 19 Sep 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3138424)   #215
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one Iain - didn't know you were a wandering minstrel as well as a pro race driver.

Gordon, I'll be round to sample some of your southern brew - which paddock are you in?
Old 19 Sep 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3138438)   #216
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Gordon, I'll be round to sample some of your southern brew - which paddock are you in?
Don't anyone tell him that we're in the Shopping centre, anyone that does will have their post removed and an infraction added for divulging the whereabouts of the Larkins.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3138447)   #217
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Don't anyone tell him that we're in the Shopping centre, anyone that does will have their post removed and an infraction added for divulging the whereabouts of the Larkins.
"Don't tell him your name, Pike"
Old 19 Sep 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3138541)   #218
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alarm set for 3am start tomorrow. Should be at Dover early enough. My diet only allows me one Full English breakfast per day so we may hit the Brasserie.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3138562)   #219
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
My alarm is set for 4am, yay I get a half hour lay in. Probably see you at the docks Peter.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3138611)   #220
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spotted a red/white MGB, towed by a silver grey Transit camper van near Berck sur Mer this morning. Someone taking the scenic route by any chance?

Circumstances dictate that I'll only be making a day trip on saturday this year but hope to catch up with some of you.

....and yes, la plage was very pleasant!!
Old 19 Sep 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3138634)   #221
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My excuse was that uncle Eric had the sat nav in his car and was leading the convoy and didn't turn off in time, that's my excuse, honest.
Yes, least said.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 19 Sep 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3138661)   #222
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Go to bed Eric, I'm just making sure that the beer is OK !
Old 20 Sep 2012, 06:00 (Ref:3138865)   #223
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Gordon confirmed he has the beer. Sitting in line 217 waiting to board.
Old 20 Sep 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3139223)   #224
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I trust that no one got involved in the alleged M20 chaos today.

Good luck one and all. Have a great weekend.
Old 20 Sep 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3139252)   #225
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
M20 was closed at J9 to 10. We took that A2. What was the problem?