Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 13 Feb 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3368003)   #201
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
On the one hand it's great for rallycross to bring in such a big name, on the other hand it's Jacques Villeneuve.

He's a big name and will deliver spectacle but I am not sure about good results...
Old 13 Feb 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3368101)   #202
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When he had a go at NASCAR a dew times he was a total barger.

Rallycross will suit him well I feel, but he will only stay if he wins, if he doesnt there will be something wrong with the car or the team or the tyres or the brakes or the engine.

Blah blah Put Peu or Laboulle in it for Gods sake
Old 14 Feb 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3368512)   #203
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Always been a fan of JV though he made a terrible choice when he went over to the BAR team in F1.
Best of luck to him and all those who beat big mac
Old 15 Feb 2014, 23:24 (Ref:3368902)   #204
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The arrival of JV has pushed the sport up to the next level of popularity, and for that reason it's good. However as others have said, the fact it's JV is negative...

The chance to push the idea of WRC Champ v F1 Champ is something IMG must be rubbing their hands together about.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 07:43 (Ref:3368972)   #205
polle
Rookie

polle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a free entrance at the paddock at Lydden Hill for the RX WRC ??
Old 16 Feb 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3369006)   #206
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Err, well if they were both current champions in anything I could understand the reasons

The main reason he is there is coz he is earning, then the promoters want to get more exposure, and because he is an F1 driver that helps with that, and perhaps they also want to have a race in Canada, far better there than Italy whee there is no interest at all.
Be interestuing the know the money dealings, who is paying him, are there are stipulations etc.

Hope he does OK, and as I said before in NASCAR he was bangering with the best of them. Is also outspoken, so lets hope he gets a few up the wall too, cant wait to see him and Doran setting to, and Petter owes slim Jim one aswell from germany
Old 16 Feb 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3369056)   #207
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by polle View Post
Is there a free entrance at the paddock at Lydden Hill for the RX WRC ??
The ticket page doesn't mention any extra cost for the paddock:

http://www.seetickets.com/event/fia-...circuit/769644
Old 16 Feb 2014, 15:27 (Ref:3369070)   #208
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
The ticket page doesn't mention any extra cost for the paddock:

http://www.seetickets.com/event/fia-...circuit/769644
It doesn't mention paddock acces at all... Only VIPS have "Exclusive Acces" to the paddock...
Old 16 Feb 2014, 16:50 (Ref:3369082)   #209
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get a reaction from lydden that they don't know yet of there is an open paddock....

Would be a shame if the "normal" fan can't get in to the paddock anymore after all those years....
In my opinion it is one of the strong things about rallycross that bring the driver/teams closer to the fans. Especialy when almost al rallycross fans respect the line from the tents....
But we have to wait.....
Old 16 Feb 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3369096)   #210
daz2202
Racer

England
Canterbury
daz2202 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV. One of the luckiest men on the planet in my opinion.

Once upon a time he had Danni minogue laying in bed next to him!!!
Old 16 Feb 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3369107)   #211
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
If you can not get into the paddock on either then write them an email from me, I will definately not be going.

Or better still get a few people on here to agree to the same and we will send them one, plus how much they stand to lose as a result, but it seems as if they dont care too much!
Old 16 Feb 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3369113)   #212
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
If Timerzyanov is really leaving Hansen, what about him joining Munnich? IIRC Munnich is building another (or even 2) Audi A3.

When Chevrolet quit the WTCC Munnich didn't hesitate and signed reigning world champion Rob Huff.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 10:28 (Ref:3369305)   #213
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't read it that way initially, but I see what you guys mean. Funnily enough I've just been reading an article on Pistonheads praising rallycross, which makes mention of the open paddocks...

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29441

...be a massive shame if the World Championship spells an end to the open paddocks.

Guess I'm not alone, but just had an E-mail concerning live coverage in the UK:

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Rallycross PR E-mail
FIA World Rallycross to be broadcast live on British Eurosport in 2014

- Eight of 12 rounds during inaugural campaign to benefit from live coverage in the UK

- British Eurosport a key partner to motorsport’s newest
FIA-endorsed World Championship

- More than 20 hours of primetime, high-octane race coverage in 2014

The new-for-2014 FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy will benefit from live television coverage in the UK for the majority of races in its inaugural season.

Having televised the FIA European Rallycross Championship last year, British Eurosport has extended its relationship with FIA World Rallycross Championship Promoter, IMG Motorsport. All rounds bar Finland, Sweden, Canada and France will be shown live on either British Eurosport or British Eurosport 2, with most enjoying two hours of screening during primetime Sunday afternoon slots.

Highlights and repeats will also form part of the comprehensive package, with a season preview and review similarly in the pipeline. The commentary team will continue to be led by respected ‘Voice of Rallycross’, Andrew Coley.

“British Eurosport’s commitment to televising the entire FIA World RX Championship this year – the vast majority of it live – is a tremendous boost to our rapidly growing series,” said Martin Anayi, Managing Director of the FIA World Rallycross Championship for IMG Motorsport, a division of IMG, the global sport, fashion and media company.

“With its exhilarating blend of flat-out, wheel-to-wheel rallying and circuit racing, rallycross’ popularity is very much in the ascendancy, and the fact that UK-based fans will be able to follow all of the breathtaking action on TV is excellent news. Rallycross is well-acknowledged to be one of the most thrilling sports to witness trackside, but it is also one that lends itself perfectly to the small screen.

“All of us at FIA World RX are immensely enthusiastic about the prospect of working closely alongside British Eurosport again this season, and we are looking forward to seeing the increased coverage and promotion that will accompany it – as, I’m sure, are all of the championship’s fans.”

“Rallycross was a popular fixture on British Eurosport’s scheduling in 2013, and the advent of the new FIA World Championship this year is another great fillip for the sport,” added British Eurosport Managing Director, David Kerr.

“We are looking forward to collaborating with FIA World RX promoter, IMG, to further spread the reach of this exciting sporting discipline.”

The provisional schedule for British Eurosport’s FIA World RX coverage in 2014 is as follows. All timings are listed for UK audiences and are subject to change:

May 4 Montalegre, Portugal 14.00-16.00 BES 2 Live
May 25 Lydden Hill, UK 14.30-16.30 BES 2 Live
June 15 Hell, Norway 14.30-16.30 BES 1 Live
June 29 Kouvola, Finland 18.00-19.00 BES 2 Delayed
July 6 Höljes, Sweden 16.30-18.30 BES 1 Delayed
July 13 Mettet, Belgium 13.00-15.00 BES 2 Live
August 9 Trois-Rivières, Canada 13.30-15.30 BES 2 Delayed
September 7 Lohéac, France 18.00-20.00 BES 1 Delayed
September 21 Estering, Germany 13.00-15.00 BES 1 Live
September 28 Franciacorta, Italy 13.00-15.00 BES 2 Live
October 12 Istanbul Park, Turkey 12.00-14.00 BES 2 Live
November 23 TBC, Argentina 17.00-19.00 BES 2 Live

I hope this doesn't mean there will be no streaming coverage in 2014?
Old 18 Feb 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3369733)   #214
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Ken Block into World Rallycross - another big name joins the party.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3369761)   #215
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Ken Block into World Rallycross - another big name joins the party.
Three rounds (Norway, France & Turkey) confirmed so far...

http://erc24.com/archives/16802

...the article does say "at least" three though, so hopefully more will be added. Would surely increase interest in the UK round if he were to appear at Lydden.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 00:20 (Ref:3369918)   #216
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Photos on social media today are showing earth works at Loheac, really hoping they are raising and widening the spectator banks for 2014. 2013 was too crammed to be enjoyable.

Will "Block" be bringing his own GRX car to "World Rallycross" or driving another teams car?
Old 19 Feb 2014, 14:50 (Ref:3370100)   #217
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
Will "Block" be bringing his own GRX car to "World Rallycross" or driving another teams car?
I wondered this as well, given the uncertainly of whether Blocks "RX43" is legit for FiA competition.

Unrelated news (I think!); Anton Marklund is promising another big Marklund Motorsport annoucement tomorrow.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 08:49 (Ref:3370296)   #218
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post but, further to my previous post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Unrelated news (I think!); Anton Marklund is promising another big Marklund Motorsport annoucement tomorrow.
...the big Marklund news is that they are now officially associated with Volkswagen:

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...rtnership-with
Old 20 Feb 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3370301)   #219
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three manufacturers in rallycross? I'm sure most of us didn't expect that a few years ago.

Also, dragging up earlier posts, I really like the idea of one mixed 2we category opened up to others. This could result in big numbers of entries, and if so, I'd like to see something more than semi finals to give people value for money.aybe some lucky loser races
Old 20 Feb 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3370337)   #220
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think with an decent entry and then 4 heats and semi- and final gives you plenty of racing! (And offcourse training)

Manufactures in RX is good for the sport but i think that the RX in the futer will be different with what we are used too...
I think it will noy be so open anymore. ..

But we will see
Old 21 Feb 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3370650)   #221
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To win a race, you have to drive 6 times.
Some years ago, in some cases 3 times on track could mean victory.

So the new system offers more races then before, if the same number of drivers show up.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3371305)   #222
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
When I read that Guerlain Chicherit was testing the Prodrive MINI during the week I assumed that he was destined for GRC.

Just catching up on the various press releases though and I see he is actually considering select World Rallycross rounds. I wonder if they MINI will get a 2.0L engine for that, or if they will run it in the small engine/lightweight configuration?
Old 23 Feb 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3371312)   #223
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1982 View Post
I think with an decent entry and then 4 heats and semi- and final gives you plenty of racing! (And offcourse training)

Manufactures in RX is good for the sport but i think that the RX in the futer will be different with what we are used too...
I think it will noy be so open anymore. ..

But we will see
Rallycross 2.0 will have it's postive and negative things.

I am glad IMG did not execute their initial plans but kept close to the original ERC. More promotion means more interest from manufacturers and sponsors. On the other hand costs will rise which means a bigger gap between the top teams and the rest of the field.

In WRC and lower rally classes you have to buy cars from manufacturers. I really hope this will not happen in rallycross. On of the nice things of rallycross is the fact you have a lot of different cars.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 14:51 (Ref:3371614)   #224
Greg Cozier
Racer

Barbados
Barbados
Greg Cozier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where could I find a detailed explanation of the WRX race format?
Old 24 Feb 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3371647)   #225
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try here: http://www.fia.com/sport/regulations..._category%3A79