Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 1 Jul 2002, 10:49 (Ref:325020)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gift For Danny Sullivan

Hi fellow forum members.
Thought some of you may like to take a look at another painting I have done recently.
It was commissioned by Danny Sullivan's wife for his birthday back in March and shows him winning the F1 Glover Trophy at the first Goodwood revival meeting in 1998. Following is the Brabham of Duncan Dayton who also owns the 1962 Lola that Danny is driving.
Danny loved it and sent me a great letter in thanks.
If anyone out there has any comments about it (or my other works on my website) I would be pleased to receive them - either constructive (or nice!).
Cheers.

Last edited by Andrew Kitson; 4 Jun 2009 at 12:24.
Old 1 Jul 2002, 12:03 (Ref:325074)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
wow! what can i say!? it's amazing!
Old 1 Jul 2002, 14:30 (Ref:325190)   #3
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are very nice.
But I have noticed, theyre painted in acrylics.
Why not Oils?
Old 1 Jul 2002, 14:59 (Ref:325213)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have painted a few in oils, but commercially prefer acrylics. This is simply because of the drying time with oils - it can take weeks! Acrylics are touch dry in a few minutes. You therefore have to keep the paint wet with them and I do this using a 'Stay Wet' palette which keeps the paint moist overnight so it does not dry out.
Acrylics are a great modern medium with the look and 'feel' of oils. They are also crack resistant and will not fade and will have a lifespan equal to oils. There is also the benefit of being able to mix your colours with water rather than white spirit or other thinning agents. Other racing artits such as Nicholas Watts and Michael Turner also use acrylics aswell as other mediums.
Thanks for your interest!
Old 2 Jul 2002, 10:55 (Ref:325756)   #5
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still perfer oils.
I working on a painting of James Hunts Mclaren in oils.(Its summer break at Uni) Should be finished this week.
But I do not have a scanner so it make take me a while to get images of my work on the net.
I look forward to your response.
Old 2 Jul 2002, 11:06 (Ref:325766)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Look forward to getting to see it alesi95

Something I could never do was paint, I got the best possible grade for Art at school, but paints are something I cannot control, or perhaps I do not have the patience for them! Any advice fellas ?
Old 2 Jul 2002, 11:22 (Ref:325777)   #7
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Alesi 95, I look forward to seeing the McLaren painting.
Hope it is not TOO good!!! I might be out of a job!!
Touring legend - the answer is Practice, Practice, Practice...and if that does not work, MORE Practice!