Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Closed Thread

Old 9 Sep 2003, 12:28 (Ref:713043)   #26
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Michael Oliver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Jackson
Michael,

I knew about the Interserie races, and the LM race, but not about Takahara.

Autosport's 1973 Dijon report says that Rouveyran's was the ex-BIP chassis, which was Gaspar's. Just found Autosport's 1972 Vila Real report that says "Gaspar's new T280, the only one apart from the one surviving Bonnier car. Gaspar took delivery in early June... etc"
Seems a shame that there are some T290 chassis numbers quoted in this report, and not this one...

Casoni's car at Imola was hired by Brescia Corse from Bonnier.

Cheers

Jeremy
OK, seems a good bet that Gaspar's car was HU-03. But what about Takahara's car? Maybe Gaspar rented it out to him before selling it on to Rouvreyan over the winter? Because if Casoni rented a car for the Sept Imola race from Bonnier it could only have been HU-01, as the Imola and Japan races overlap in data terms. HU-02 was already written off so either Takahara drove HU-03 or another car HU-04 and I've not seen anything that suggests more than 3 T280s were built. What do you reckon?

Cheers

Michael
Old 9 Sep 2003, 12:31 (Ref:713051)   #27
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Alain HACHE
Hello
thanks at all for details , my opinion about Carlos Gaspar
T280 is probably chassis HU03 because Bonnier team could not in the week after Le Mans restaure HU01 and send it to Estoril to race at 18 of June . ( not enought time , team
shoked by Bonnier death ) .
Other important thing : on Gaspar car the "arceau de sécurité " was like HU01 and 2 before Monza (driver head protection only ) and HU01 had an larger at Le Mans and Zeltweg.I think this part of the chassis was not fast interchangeable . I have a picture of the car but I don't know how join it in message
all the best at all
Alain
Hi Alain

By 'arceau de securite' do you mean the roll-over hoop/bar? I am at home today and all my Autosports are in my office, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what you mean. But I agree it is unlikely that Gaspar's car could have been any other chassis as we know that the Bonnier team raced HU-01 several more times that year.

Regards

Michael
Old 9 Sep 2003, 13:03 (Ref:713109)   #28
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Jeremy Jackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael,

Agree with gaspar for HU03. I know Martin Krejci's data has T280-Ford for Takahara in a few Grand Champion races, I don't suppose there's confirmation anywhere else, like Autosport? I have a lot from 68-76, but I don't have a complete set.

The reason being: I have some Italian results in the mid-70s for a T280 - Ford, but it was actually a 2-litre, whcih is more than likely a T290. I suppose the point is, was it a T280?

If there were only 3, which would be the Jeremy Lord chassis, and for that matter, the car that Mallock/Wild used in 1983 Thundersports?
Old 9 Sep 2003, 21:43 (Ref:713579)   #29
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Quote:
Michael,

Agree with gaspar for HU03. I know Martin Krejci's data has T280-Ford for Takahara in a few Grand Champion races, I don't suppose there's confirmation anywhere else, like Autosport? I have a lot from 68-76, but I don't have a complete set.

The reason being: I have some Italian results in the mid-70s for a T280 - Ford, but it was actually a 2-litre, whcih is more than likely a T290. I suppose the point is, was it a T280?

If there were only 3, which would be the Jeremy Lord chassis, and for that matter, the car that Mallock/Wild used in 1983 Thundersports?
Well, if HU-03 went to Rouvreyan and he was killed in mid-73, it is possible that it was sold, maybe to Lord? And this was also the Mallock/Wilds car? OTOH, it could be HU-01 I guess, so we need some harder evidence really, which would involve talking to the people concerned.

Re Takahara, I'll look in AS, as I have a full set for that period.

Michael
Old 10 Sep 2003, 09:52 (Ref:713932)   #30
Alain HACHE
Rookie

Alain HACHE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael
yes I think we can translate "arceau de sécurité" to roll over hoop/ bar ,sorry for my bad english.
On differents pictures I am owner 4 types of roll over hoop
bar exist : first for HU01 and 2 in the beginning of 1972
second version at Monza 1000 Kms with a welded bar on the left of the car ( also Le Mans version ) . A third is the
symmetrical on the car winner of Paris 1000 Kms and the last for T282 284 and 286 cars .
The Gaspar car at Estoril is with the first type so we can
say that its an another chassis than HU01 and 2, we suppose HU03 .
If HU 003 was Rouveyran car in 1973 , I think Casoni car
was not HU001 because on picture of the car after Nurburgring the roll over hoop / bar seem to be like car
winner of Paris 1000 Kms .
2 years ago C FOX solded an T280 and telled to me that was
chassis HU005 .... I will try to contact it again to confirm me that and to know car's story . In case of that
who was HU004 owner ? TAKAHARA ?
Ã* bientôt
Old 10 Sep 2003, 13:22 (Ref:714081)   #31
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Quote:
Michael
yes I think we can translate "arceau de sécurité" to roll over hoop/ bar ,sorry for my bad english.
On differents pictures I am owner 4 types of roll over hoop
bar exist : first for HU01 and 2 in the beginning of 1972
second version at Monza 1000 Kms with a welded bar on the left of the car ( also Le Mans version ) . A third is the
symmetrical on the car winner of Paris 1000 Kms and the last for T282 284 and 286 cars .
The Gaspar car at Estoril is with the first type so we can
say that its an another chassis than HU01 and 2, we suppose HU03 .
If HU 003 was Rouveyran car in 1973 , I think Casoni car
was not HU001 because on picture of the car after Nurburgring the roll over hoop / bar seem to be like car
winner of Paris 1000 Kms .
2 years ago C FOX solded an T280 and telled to me that was
chassis HU005 .... I will try to contact it again to confirm me that and to know car's story . In case of that
who was HU004 owner ? TAKAHARA ?
Ã* bientôt
Hi Alain

You don't need to apologise for your English - it is much better than my French!!!

I've been reading through my Autosports again and have found some more useful information!

Vila Real report, Autosport 13/7/72 p8

"Heading the list was Carlos Gaspar with his new 3-litre Lola-DFV T280, the only 3-litre Lola at present running apart from the one surviving Bonnier car. Gaspar took delivery of the car early in June, tested it at Jarama and then went to the opening meeting at Estoril, where he won against a poor field of seven cars, lapping Roger Heavens three times in the process. The car is sponsored by The International Bank of Portugal (BIP) in Lisbon and Oporto and with it Gaspar is making a return to motor racing after an enforced absence of two years in the Portugese army, serving his commission in West Africa. During National Service he suffered a hunting accident when the shotgun he was using slipped out of his hand and went off, resulting in the loss of four fingers on his right hand. Very bravely, this has not deterred Gaspar who is driving as well as ever in his new car."

So this seems to suggest that his car was HU-03, as he took delivery early in June, therefore probably before Le Mans.

I have found another race in which the Lola T280 competed in during 1972: The Rothmans 50,000 28/8/72, Brands Hatch:

"...Mario Casoni's 3-litre Ecurie Bonnier Lola T280, this team being one of the few fully conversed with long-distance pitstops..."

"Only one sports car qualified for the big race, Mario Casoni's 3-litre Lola T280 and he performed a most creditable time of 1m 28.1s, which is 0.2s faster than the best Lola T280 time established in practice for the BOAC earlier this year."

Casoni finished 12th in the race, on 107 (maybe 106, it's not clear) laps to winner Emerson Fittipaldi's (Lotus 72) 118. Source Autosport 31/8/72.

I guess this would have been HU-01, as its previous race was the final round of the sportscar World Championship at Watkins Glen, 22/7/72 and HU-02 had already been destroyed.

For the Imola 500km race 17/9/72, Autosport 21/9/72 p12 reports:

"Scuderia Brescia Corse once again hired the Ecurie Bonnier Lola T280 for Mario Casoni. The was as it ran at the Rothmans race but for a change of engine."

This implies two things: firstly that it was Scuderia Brescia Corse that entered Casoni in the Rothmans 50,000 and not Ecurie Bonnier (programme anyone?!) and that it was the same car, e.g. HU-01. I am not sure how this ties in with your comment about the roll-over bar/hoop, although I can see how they changed during the year. If you have some photos perhaps you could email them (send me a private message and I will give you this)as I cannot find any pics of the Gaspar car or Casoni in 72?

On the subject of the Japanese races, I haven't found any more info, only what is on Martin's site. I am surprised if there are HU-04 and HU-05 T280s, as the Autosport article said only three were built (although it was wrong when it said the third was never raced in Europe, so that is not a good sign!). I still wonder whether Takahara bought the Gaspar car and maybe this was then sold to UK for 1973.

Finally, looking through my 1973 Autosports, I came across a report for the Dijon 1,000kms 15/4/73:

"The remaining 3-litre Lolas [MO: e.g. in addition to the works T282] were the older ex-Bonnier [MO:HU-01??] and ex-BIP [MO: HU-03??] T280-DFVs and a new T282 fitted with a three-litre competition Capri V6 engine, all three cars still under the ye of Ecurie Bonnier mechanics. The DFV powered cars were for Giorgio Pianta and Pino Pica racing in a car hired by the Jolly Club for two races, while the second had been bought be Denis Rouvreyan who enlisted Francois Migault as co-driver."

Jolly Club were also the entrants for the Capri V6-engined car of Schon and Canonica.

I have a picture of the Pianta/Pica car in the race and it is in Ecurie Bonnier colours. It also has the full-width roll-over bar/hoop. No pics of the Rouvreyan car :-( However, there is a small pic in Motor Sport, which shows a car with a full-wide roll-over bar/hoop and two extra headlights together in the front nose, like the Le Mans cars from 1972 (whereas on the Pianta/Pica car there is nothing, just the words Jolly Club where the headlights on the Rouvreyan car are. Don't know if this helps...

I have to stop now and go back to work but I will continue to look through for more info on the cars raced in 1973...

Ciao for now

Michael
Old 10 Sep 2003, 20:28 (Ref:714492)   #32
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Michael, Alain,

Done some more digging... In 1981 (Autosport, March 12!), Brian Auger had in his collection, T280-HU4, acquired from Malcolm Johnstone. This "is though to be the last T280 built". It was thought to be the ex-Lord chassis, which went to Belgium and Switzerland, but it's history was being researched in conjunction ith Lola.

Autosport's Thundersports reports say that the Mallock/Wilds T280 was the ex-Lord chassis, "last raced in October 1973" - which is incorrect, as Lord raced in 1974 (he raced a T212 in '73), but never mind.

Last edited by Jeremy Jackson; 10 Sep 2003 at 20:35.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 08:39 (Ref:714784)   #33
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Quote:
Michael, Alain,

Done some more digging... In 1981 (Autosport, March 12!), Brian Auger had in his collection, T280-HU4, acquired from Malcolm Johnstone. This "is though to be the last T280 built". It was thought to be the ex-Lord chassis, which went to Belgium and Switzerland, but it's history was being researched in conjunction ith Lola.

Autosport's Thundersports reports say that the Mallock/Wilds T280 was the ex-Lord chassis, "last raced in October 1973" - which is incorrect, as Lord raced in 1974 (he raced a T212 in '73), but never mind.
Hmmm, interesting!

Maybe it was built up from spare tub/parts during 1973 as a cheaper alternative to a new T282 or indeed it was the Takahara car raced in late 72?

Digging around a bit more, there don't appear to have been any T280s that actually appeared at the 1973 Spa 1,000kms, although I believe according to Martin's site one or more were entered. However, Gaspar was driving in one of two BIP Lola T292s in the 2-litre class, suggesting that by this stage he had certainly sold his car, otherwise you might imagine he would have driven the 3-litre...

For the Nurburgring 1,000kms 27/5/73, Autosport has this to say:

"Once again the only 3-litre Lola to turn up was the Jolly Club-hired, Ecurie Bonnier-decored T280 with drivers Giorgio Pianta/Pino Pica." After a practice crash for his Porsche 908/4, Mario Casoni moved over to this car, replacing Pica. The car retired from the race with a broken gear linkage.

For Le Mans June 9/10/73 Autosport says:

"Lola's hopes lay with the Gitanes T282...

...A second privately entered ex-BIP Lola T280 was being run by its owner Daniel Rouvreyan with "Cyprien" (shown later in the report by the name 'Mons') and Christian Ethuin sharing the driving although by the standard of preparation it seemed highly unlikely the car would be going long enough for them all to get a drive."

I'm sure you probably already know this info but the car qualified 11th, with Rouvreyan setting the fastest practice time of the three at 3m 50.7s. A picture on p33 shows the car with a full-width roll-over bar/hoop and a white engine airbox but that is about all I can see. In the race the car experienced gearbox troubles early on and had retired by the 5th hour.

I'll try and catch up with the rest of the 73 races later today and then have a look through some 74 editions to search for any explanation of the Lord car and/or HU-04. I have a feeling Jeremy Lord runs Formula Three in the UK still, doesn't he? Suppose he might remember some info?

Cheers

Michael
Old 12 Sep 2003, 09:33 (Ref:716064)   #34
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Alain/Jeremy

Some more tidbits from Autosport 1973/4:

Autosport 20/9/73 p9 Report of Imola 500 16/9/73

"Next quickest at 1m 40.22s was Mario Casoni having a rent-a-drive in the ex-Ecurie Bonnier Lola T280, which was being prepared by Bonnier's ex-chief mechanic Heine Mader, who has now taken over the Bonnier set up and has re-named it HMR Racing Components."

Note: 'Casoni' and 'ex-Bonnier Lola' e.g. HU-01?

Autosport 21/2/74 p5

"Sports racing should receive a big shot in the arm this season if Jeremy Lord's plans are anything to go by. The Castrol/MN champion last season has bought from Italy a three-litre sports Lola with which to keep one ahead of his adversaries in this season's Tricentrol-sponsored championship."

Note: 'from Italy'

Autosport 7/3/74 p33 Report on BARC meeting, Brands Hatch 3/3/74

"...Jeremy Lord had got in to the swing of things in his ex-Casoni Lola T280-DFV (the car sounding beautiful and looking immaculate in its Minilite colours) and rocketed in to the lead for the remaining two tours."

Note: 'ex-Casoni' e.g. HU-01 as hired by Jolly Club, run by HMR at end of 1973?

Autosport 16/5/74 p35 Martini Silverstone Interserie report

"...and Jeremy Lord's Minilite Lola T280 which was in the competent hands of Tim Goss."

N.B. Goss qualified sixth and finished eighth in the race.

Nothing more at present - pressing work deadlines make spending the whole day reading Autosports difficult, much as I would like to!!!

Cheers

Michael
Old 12 Sep 2003, 19:20 (Ref:716834)   #35
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Thanks Michael,

The only reference I had from Autosport was the '74 Interserie report, which wasn't a lot of good.

The "from Italy" bit puts a bit of a spin on things...I guess the weak link is the 1981 Autosport article where HU4 was only "thought to be" ex-Lord.

Autosport's photos of the Mallock ex-Lord car in 1983 (I assume you've got access to those Michael?) show the roll-over bar extended to full width from the original, as in the picture I have of Casoni at Monza 73.

I can scan the Autosport photos, including the one from March 1981, if they help. Let me know.
Old 13 Sep 2003, 22:23 (Ref:717895)   #36
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Quote:
Thanks Michael,

The only reference I had from Autosport was the '74 Interserie report, which wasn't a lot of good.

The "from Italy" bit puts a bit of a spin on things...I guess the weak link is the 1981 Autosport article where HU4 was only "thought to be" ex-Lord.

Autosport's photos of the Mallock ex-Lord car in 1983 (I assume you've got access to those Michael?) show the roll-over bar extended to full width from the original, as in the picture I have of Casoni at Monza 73.

I can scan the Autosport photos, including the one from March 1981, if they help. Let me know.
Jeremy

Would like to see any scans of photos you have, as I don't have my Autosports to hand and they only go up to the end of 1982...

Try checking out this weblink of a mystery T2**:

http://www.clarben.com/ickx/motorrac...etro72sp43.htm

It looks like a T280 or T290 to me. Having had a close look it appears there are no inlet trumpets or no ducting for the inlet trumpets of a DFV, whereas there is ducting on (as you look at it) the right side of the top surface of the rear bodywork suggesting maybe a 2-litre car? They suggest it was taken in 1972, so if it was a T280 could be Gaspar but wrong sponsor name, perhaps Takahara? Not sure about which car it is but look at the roll-over bar/hoop, it is full-width and symmetrical.

Incidentally, the pics I have of the Casoni car and the Rouvreyan car in 1973 both show cars with full width roll-over bars/hoops so I don't quite know what the significance of this is going to be. As far as I can make out, both the works cars had this mod from (IIRC) Spa 1972 onwards in the case of the one car they raced there (HU01 IIRC?) and Le Mans 1972 for the second one, not sure about the Gaspar car as I haven't seen a pic of this car yet. Similarly, the pics I have of the Lord car racing in 1974 all show a car with a symmetrical full width roll bar/hoop.

Cheers

Michael

Last edited by Michael Oliver; 13 Sep 2003 at 22:27.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 07:53 (Ref:718191)   #37
Alain HACHE
Rookie

Michael,
The car on the pic is an T290 LOLA. I can not say what is the engine but probably FORD FVC or VEGA .
About T280 roll-over bar/hoops ,I own pictures of Rouveyran
and Casoni cars and its not the same R.O.B /hoops .
But how put these pictures on this forum ?
tell me on my e-mail : AHACHE@wanadoo.fr
Have a nice Sunday
Old 14 Sep 2003, 09:19 (Ref:718254)   #38
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Quote:
Michael,
The car on the pic is an T290 LOLA. I can not say what is the engine but probably FORD FVC or VEGA .
About T280 roll-over bar/hoops ,I own pictures of Rouveyran
and Casoni cars and its not the same R.O.B /hoops .
But how put these pictures on this forum ?
tell me on my e-mail : AHACHE@wanadoo.fr
Have a nice Sunday
Alain

Yes, I'm sure that is the case, it is a 2-litre car. I was attracted by the T280? bit when I did the search!

Re the pics, you have mail!

Cheers

Michael
Old 14 Sep 2003, 09:55 (Ref:718285)   #39
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Michael, I've send you a PM requesting your e-mail, as I guess you don't want to put in on the main forum.

Cheers

Jeremy
Old 17 Sep 2003, 19:45 (Ref:722267)   #40
Alain HACHE
Rookie

back in thread:
some questions was without answers so I can say that:
Jo Bonnier did'nt drove T280 in Brands Hatch
Jorge de Bagration is spanish and M Cabral portugese but I dont know if it was an relation with C Gaspar ( no BIP stickers on Bonnier's cars in Le Mans ).
M Cabral and De Bagration did'nt drove LOLA #7 in the race
I only remember helmets of Bonnier , V Lennep ,Larrousse and De Fierlandt in the race . But could G Larousse drove the #8 after #7 in the race ? I dont have "souvenir" of that and I think it was forbiden.....
About T280 in Interserie in 1972 do somebody have race report and pictures ?
About practices in le Mans 72 what was the day , 19/03 or
19/04 ? I have the 2 in my docs .....
Old 17 Sep 2003, 21:38 (Ref:722417)   #41
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Hi Alain,

From Autosport: Wisell drove a T280 at the Nürburgring on April 3rd 1972. He non-started heat 1, due to Fuel pump difficulties, and retired after 1 lap of heat 2 (Wet electrics). Bonnier appeared in a T280 (but did not start after the engine failed in practice) at the Imola Interserie race on May 1st 1972. However, I don't have pictures.

The LM practice in 1972 was held on 19/04, with the 3 hour race aswell.

Regards

Jeremy
Old 19 Sep 2003, 11:46 (Ref:724075)   #42
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Quote:
Hi Alain,

From Autosport: Wisell drove a T280 at the Nürburgring on April 3rd 1972. He non-started heat 1, due to Fuel pump difficulties, and retired after 1 lap of heat 2 (Wet electrics). Bonnier appeared in a T280 (but did not start after the engine failed in practice) at the Imola Interserie race on May 1st 1972. However, I don't have pictures.

The LM practice in 1972 was held on 19/04, with the 3 hour race aswell.

Regards

Jeremy
Sorry to contradict you Jeremy but it was definitely 19th March - I am looking at Autosport of March 23rd 1972 which has a report of the Le Mans Test Weekend. I think where the confusion has arisen is that the date is wrong on the wspr site...something which I have only picked up on today. I will email and point this out.

Cheers

Michael
Old 19 Sep 2003, 13:38 (Ref:724203)   #43
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

No problem Michael, I've got the same Autosport myself, and still agreed with the wrong date - 19 April was a Wednesday!
Old 19 Sep 2003, 13:53 (Ref:724228)   #44
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Quote:
No problem Michael, I've got the same Autosport myself, and still agreed with the wrong date - 19 April was a Wednesday!
Yes, it happens more frequently as you get older - or at least that's what I'm finding anyway
Old 21 Sep 2003, 15:38 (Ref:725630)   #45
Chofar
Racer

Chofar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alain,

In A-utomobiles Historiques of juin 2003, There's an interview of G.Larrousse where he says he switched from 8 to 7 after the Number 8 car lost time with gearbow issues. He drove Number 7 to 3rd place before the night and then the car had clutch problems. Larrousse quotes gearbox as a main issue of that car. So, when Bonnier's accident came, Larrousse was no longer in the race. And as i read it, he never switched back to number 8. And the 2 spanish boys never had time to drive number7. At the time, switching was permitted or were the rules changed in 77 when Ickx switched from Number3 to Number 4 ?
i also remember Jabouille drove a stint in the Alpine number 4 in 1978 after his retirement. If you want i can scan you the arcticle.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 15:30 (Ref:726568)   #46
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Hi Alain

I have found several new photos of the Takahara car and two more of the Gaspar car, also spoken to Jeremy Lord re his car that he raced in 1974 in the UK. He sold this in mid- to late-1976 to a guy who raced in the Interserie. This may or may not be Jorg Zaborowski, who appeared in the Mainz-Finthen round of the Interserie in October 1976 and, IIRC, finished 10th.

I have been discussing this with Jeremy Jackson and we have a feeling that this car was HU03, which appears to have returned to Ecurie Bonnier (who were European Lola agents at the time) from Gaspar (either directly or via Takahara for 3 races in Japan - not sure at present) for the 1973 season.

We think that Rouveyran bought HU01, also from Ecurie Bonnier (e.g. the de Fierlandt/Larousse 72 Le Mans car) early in 1973 but are not sure exactly where it went from there. Rouveyran died in July 1973 and the next time a T280 turns up in international competition (apart from the Lord car) was 06/04/75 Dijon 1000kms and this was the car of Michel Degoumois/Jean Belin. As we know Lord still owned his car, this suggests it must have been HU01, unless there was an HU04... In the Autosport report of the race, it was described as 'tatty' which might be a good description of a car which had been in storage for 18 months to two years!

Do you have any way of contacting Rouveyran's family? The only people of that name I can find run Rouveyran's Tyres which sounds right as I know that Daniel R. was a garage proprietor. It would be really interesting to know what happened to the Lola after he died. Maybe Francois Migault might know, as he appears to have known Rouveyran, as he drove his March 721G in late 72 and then co-drove with him at Dijon in 73. Does anybody know how to contact him?

Any comments?

Cheers

Michael
Old 22 Sep 2003, 16:58 (Ref:726668)   #47
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Michael, having just read your correspondence with Peter Morley on TNF... it wouls seem we might have a convergence of paths with this particular chassis.

I'll try and be patient to see if Zabrowski and/or Malcolm Johnstone can be found to shed any light on this.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 17:13 (Ref:726685)   #48
Alain HACHE
Rookie

HELLO MICHAEL
Interessants options you sended.
This week end I had an meeting with G Larousse in the Le Mans Story event.
The man is not easy to dialogue but I could get some littles things : He never seen more than 2 T280 in Bonnier
team during sportscar championship 72 and the 2 cars had many kms when they raced Le Mans . Bonnier would order a third car but , G Larousse don't know if he could before LM fatal accident . Bonnier's wife decide to continue team and the car winner of Paris 1000 Kms was new and without practice before the race....After he let the team to Matra and he only think that the car HU01 and T280/2 contested 73 championship. He remember that the car was very fast and easy to drive " we turned arroud Ferrari and Alfa in Buenos Aires but gearboxes was fragiles . In Le Mans on the Hunaudières our cars was very faster than Matra etc....
I could not get more infos and the man is gone.......
I wait pictures if you can send me
all the best
Alain
Old 22 Sep 2003, 17:17 (Ref:726693)   #49
Alain HACHE
Rookie

I will try to contact again D Rouveyran nephew to get more infos . And will inform you soon after OK ?
Old 23 Sep 2003, 10:44 (Ref:727538)   #50
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Quote:
I will try to contact again D Rouveyran nephew to get more infos . And will inform you soon after OK ?
Hi Alain

Sounds like you have been busy. Mr Larousse probably finds it difficult to remember individual cars - that is something that affects most drivers After all, I suppose it was a long time ago... Good luck with Rouveyran's nephew.

In the meantime, I will email you some pics of the Takahara car. The Lord car was advertised for sale (no chassis number mentioned in the ad unfortunately ) in Autosport 07/10/76, and Jorg Zaborowski drove a Lola T280 for the first time in Mainz-Finthen Interserie round 24/10/76 - seems like too much of a co-incidence, so likely he is the guy who bought the car...

Best regards

Michael Oliver
Closed Thread