Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Closed Thread

Old 25 May 2004, 23:14 (Ref:983183)   #226
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Jeremy Jackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant! Thanks fausto
Old 26 May 2004, 14:47 (Ref:983958)   #227
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Michael Oliver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by fausto
The Marilena sponsored car was from Marco Capoferri team.
Thanks Fausto, do you mean this is the livery that the car last ran in, or that the car was bought from Marco Capoferri? When would it have run with this livery?

@Jeremy
You are absolutely right, I remember now. I have this photo in a package sent to me by WibblyWobbly from TNF. I don't know why but I thought it was the Skidmore car before it was restored, as (not surprisingly, since they are both T286s) they look almost identical.

@Driftwood
If you can find any more info about the car in Italy, we'd be very interested to hear it, as this has been mentioned before but no-one was able to provide more details...
Old 26 May 2004, 21:05 (Ref:984405)   #228
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hi guys
i made an error in not ticking the notification box on this thread so im now 1 full page behind !!- i only looked outa curiosity to see if any addidtions had happend all i can say is u guys are quicker that a rat up a drain pipe or yr all barred from your local pub!
Coming back onto some points
the larry conners " Barcleys" car in usa is another 292 ish car
i was at elkhart lake last year and both cars where there LC raced his Bean had on display he raced his 280 dfv car
and won i recall Gulf Mirage dfv 2nd
u mentioned skidmore car and i thought it was the Bean car
maybe it has changed hands?
however from now on i will become an "anorak" and look at the car in more detail and note Vin#

re the car in italy it was many moons ago my man was offered the car i will ask hom to think back and see if there is any useful comments to work from
if someone can tell me how to add on jpegs i will be able to add on the 290 dfv AS snippet i have
Old 26 May 2004, 21:34 (Ref:984440)   #229
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

driftwood,

Skidmore & Bean's cars are 2 different devices.. Bert Skidmore was raceing his car last year before and after the Bean car's appearance(s?), and he's also entered in the LM Classic this year.

Not sure how long Bean has been using his, Skidmore's car appears to have had it's first post-restoration race at Thunderhill park in early July last year (quoted in VM as "fresh white paint", and it didn't have it's 1979 graphics on a that time). And Bean's car you saw at Elkhart lake - that was the Brian Redman event, also in July?

To attach a jpg, use the "full reply features", there's a box to attach files, but the size is limited

Last edited by Jeremy Jackson; 26 May 2004 at 21:35.
Old 26 May 2004, 21:49 (Ref:984459)   #230
driftwood
Veteran

Hi JJ
thanks for the info
i did re read yr earlier posting after i posted my "help" note again and i saw u told me what to do
for the past 10 mins been trying to load the lehamn 290 dfv AS snippet hope it shows up

Re Elkhart lake yes i was Redman event well worth a trip took me 3 days to wander around paddock
i was not allowed to go the year before when the usa TGP cars went
would like to go again but perhaps every 2 yrs is enough
its a FAB track
i should get my act together and go there to do a race ( worth 3 of any uk club event)
they run f2 cars and Gp 6 type sports cars in 1 race 40-50 cars on the rolling start !
Old 26 May 2004, 21:59 (Ref:984472)   #231
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Jackson
driftwood,

Skidmore & Bean's cars are 2 different devices.. Bert Skidmore was raceing his car last year before and after the Bean car's appearance(s?), and he's also entered in the LM Classic this year.

Not sure how long Bean has been using his, Skidmore's car appears to have had it's first post-restoration race at Thunderhill park in early July last year (quoted in VM as "fresh white paint", and it didn't have it's 1979 graphics on a that time). And Bean's car you saw at Elkhart lake - that was the Brian Redman event, also in July?
@Jeremy

Just searched results and Bean's T286 is down as having won a race at Elkhart Lake in July 2002 (Brian Redman Challenge), so yes, he was racing his car before Skidmore.

@Driftwood
So, just to clarify, are you saying that Bean has a second 3-litre Lola, a T280-DFV?
Old 26 May 2004, 22:10 (Ref:984487)   #232
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Oliver
Thanks Fausto, do you mean this is the livery that the car last ran in, or that the car was bought from Marco Capoferri? When would it have run with this livery?
I cannot say this is the last livery seen, I'm sure about the fact that Capoferri cars sported Marilena and Pioneer sponsorship (very late 70s), probably Marilena money came with Renzo Zorzi (together with Pirelli tyres, Zorzi being a test driver for the Milanese company), who co-drove with Capoferri.

However I don't remember the "latest" T286 body kit, I'll go through the magazine to let you know, bye!
Old 27 May 2004, 08:58 (Ref:984828)   #233
driftwood
Veteran

toby bean has 1 290 / 296 barcley car car and 1 280 series DFV he may have another sports car as well as he does have a few cars
i didnt speak to TB just his prep man
Old 27 May 2004, 11:56 (Ref:985002)   #234
driftwood
Veteran

Hi
i hope im attaching the Lehman 290 DFV AS snippet now i think i took this from 1973 issue
Attached Images

Old 27 May 2004, 12:57 (Ref:985068)   #235
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by driftwood
toby bean has 1 290 / 296 barcley car car and 1 280 series DFV he may have another sports car as well as he does have a few cars
i didnt speak to TB just his prep man
Can you remember who his prep man was? I'd certainly like to find out if he still has his T286 as well... So, just to be clear you are saying that he has a T280 (3-litre DFV) T290/6 (2-litre) and maybe one other car, the T286 (3-litre DFV) or are you calling the T286 a 'T280 series' car?

Well done for figuring out how to attach photos - I've still not managed that yet

@Jeremy
Perhaps Lehmann sold his car to Schulthess? I have September 73 appearance for Lehmann in Interserie Hockenheim and then Le Mans 74 as first appearance for Schulthess car...
Old 27 May 2004, 13:50 (Ref:985113)   #236
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Michael,

Photos..Go on, you can do it!!

Re: Schulthess, depends how much you believe Jeff Hutchinson / Bob Constanduros in AS LM 74 report. "...new 3-litre Lola making it's debut..", followed by "...new T280/4..."

That's the only real info I have on that car, and I must admit, it's beginning to annoy me!
Old 27 May 2004, 14:07 (Ref:985134)   #237
driftwood
Veteran

"Can you remember who his prep man was? I'd certainly like to find out if he still has his T286 as well... So, just to be clear you are saying that he has a T280 (3-litre DFV) T290/6 (2-litre) and maybe one other car, the T286 (3-litre DFV) or are you calling the T286 a 'T280 series' car? "

cant recall prep man i do have his card somewhere but i refer to 280 as a series car im not saying he has 286 or 280
to recap TB has
1 290 series car( Barcleys livery) 1 280 series car and i think he may have 1 other sports race car but do not quote/ hold me to that

yes fotos its easy once u know how im actuallt taking foto of AS snippets not scanning them then reduce pixels on jpeg to around 40-50kb to fit the sites requirements
using digi camera is faster than a scanner (when it is woprking! )
JJ
so yr annoyed? im sure someone will soon put u outa yr misery - then we can all rest !
i will ask a german customer if he knows of these guys its just a bit before his lola / interserie time
Old 27 May 2004, 14:40 (Ref:985169)   #238
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by driftwood
JJ
so yr annoyed?
Annoyed was probably a bit strong, frustrated may have been better!
Old 27 May 2004, 14:53 (Ref:985191)   #239
driftwood
Veteran

no i thing annoyed is good -frustrated requires another type of magazine!
just called my friend he recalls lehman as berliner schulthess as having 390 dfv car in interserie! dont start on this line please let me mail him our items of the thread he can check some lists he has
he did also say mader had 1 lola 290 series car with dfv fitting kit ar now sold -wheteher it was the lehman 292 special order car is not being stated
he will check his list and hopefully call the guys!
cant have u being annoyed too long!
Old 27 May 2004, 15:13 (Ref:985214)   #240
driftwood
Veteran

http://www.mcestoril.pt/le-mans/most...ipa_=0&lang=GB
look here for 280/282 dfv le man entry and the odd car shot
Old 27 May 2004, 20:17 (Ref:985427)   #241
driftwood
Veteran

just picked up November 74 AS for the ZA event found 2 lola 280 entered i hope im attaching the snippet
Attached Images

Old 27 May 2004, 20:26 (Ref:985436)   #242
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Attached but a bit small.

I've been through all the relevant WCM races in Autosport reports, and I guess Michael has aswell, but for others (if everyone else isn't asleep with this thread!), you may want to enlarge it.
Old 27 May 2004, 20:39 (Ref:985448)   #243
driftwood
Veteran

just picked up November 74 AS for the ZA event found 2 lola 280 entered i hope im attaching the snippet
trying again part 2
Attached Thumbnails
280 rs1a.jpg  
Old 27 May 2004, 20:43 (Ref:985450)   #244
driftwood
Veteran

Im trying to!!!!
ive added a car foto does this help anyone or shall i just go home have my tea and go to bed!!!
Attached Thumbnails
280foto rs 2.jpg  
Old 27 May 2004, 20:58 (Ref:985457)   #245
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Sorry!

Those are OK. We're limited by (I realise necessary) limitation on image sizes here on 10/10ths.

Don't go to bed yet, we need all the help we can get!
Old 27 May 2004, 21:03 (Ref:985465)   #246
driftwood
Veteran

"Those are OK. We're limited by (I realise necessary) limitation on image sizes here on 10/10ths"

yes their size restrictions caused me grief AFTER i found out how to copy paste the item i want from the larger Jpeg and then remember how to do it all again for the next foto!
Its now time for me to have
will of course scour my AS mags- i just found the 74 issues in another garage
Old 29 May 2004, 20:28 (Ref:987558)   #247
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by fausto
I cannot say this is the last livery seen, I'm sure about the fact that Capoferri cars sported Marilena and Pioneer sponsorship (very late 70s), probably Marilena money came with Renzo Zorzi (together with Pirelli tyres, Zorzi being a test driver for the Milanese company), who co-drove with Capoferri.

However I don't remember the "latest" T286 body kit, I'll go through the magazine to let you know, bye!
Hi Fausto

Is Marilena an Italian company? When I saw the Pioneer stickers I wondered if the car had at some time been owned by the collector Jacques Setton, who was the French Pioneer importer, IIRC, which is how he made all his money...

Anyhow, your explanation seems logical, would be nice to see some photos of the car in this livery...any pics/more info you find would be great!

Incidentally, does anybody know where/who Skidmore bought his car from? If anyone is going to a race meet where the car is present, perhaps they could ask him...
Old 29 May 2004, 20:41 (Ref:987568)   #248
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marilena is an Italian company (sportwear), it went on to sponsor Arrows in the early 80s (83?, do you remember the race-by-race deals?).

Pioneer money was from the Italian importer, who was actively involved in motosport, mainly formula cars, Riccardo Paletti was one of the recipient, when he drove for Mike Earle in F.2 and Osella in F.1.

I'll look for pictures as soon as I can....
Old 7 Jun 2004, 21:18 (Ref:996669)   #249
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK chaps I've finally got there. The page can be found at http://www.oldracingcars.com/projects/lolat280.htm.

It's a bit of a hack at the moment as I've done my best to put all the posts in the right place but I may have introduced errors.

I have found that it does show where we need to ask some more questions. Some of the links, such as between Lord and Zabrowski are quite tenuous (and some of the present-day cars clearly need to be investigated very closely!)

Against all the odds, I quite enjoyed doing it.

All suggestions for editing and re-writing are now very welcome.

Allen
Old 7 Jun 2004, 21:35 (Ref:996678)   #250
Jeremy Jackson
Veteran

Blimey, have we really been through all that !

Allen, Thanks a lot for what I assume took a great deal of patience!

Re: present day, Like Lister-Jags, I would think there's more existing or now than there were in the period when they were raced.
Closed Thread