Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Sep 2004, 09:41 (Ref:1110144)   #1
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport , Werner & Weaver

Something wrong?

Is there something wrong here or am I going mad
Old 29 Sep 2004, 09:59 (Ref:1110157)   #2
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least they got the car right !!!!!!
Old 29 Sep 2004, 10:39 (Ref:1110174)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Autosport never cease to amaze me, guys have u ever tried using www.lmsr.net or www.crash.net or www.motorsport.com? All these sites are pretty damn good for sportscar racing. And in the order Ive put them Especially when u consider they are free. Im seriously debating now whether or not Ill continue to buy AUTOSPORT magazine, ive been asking myself this for a while now, and this is just the latest in as long line of blunders.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 10:51 (Ref:1110179)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It depends what you want - there are loads of places you can get press releases on the web and that should remain free as cutting and pasting costs nothing other than the time to do it and the bandwidth to host it.

I've not seen the Autosport bit but it sounds like an honest to goodness cock-up - We can all suffer from brain fade (I recently wrote that a Zytek had a Judd engine for gods sake despite knowing full well that it didn't) - looming deadlines do sometimes lead to an unforced error or two.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1110424)   #5
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Im seriously debating now whether or not Ill continue to buy AUTOSPORT magazine, ive been asking myself this for a while now, and this is just the latest in as long line of blunders.
Join the club - I would love to stop buying it but as my collection goes back to 1974 it seems silly to stop, but then it winds me up nearly every week. grrrrrrr!
Old 29 Sep 2004, 14:49 (Ref:1110437)   #6
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Autosport never cease to amaze me, guys have u ever tried using www.lmsr.net or www.crash.net or www.motorsport.com?
Yep look at these from time to time, Not sure about about a motorsport web page calling itself 'crash.net' maybe playing to the max power market.

Quote:
looming deadlines do sometimes lead to an unforced error or two.
As they do in every walk of like, mine included. It's one thing to make a mistake, but to not notice it for 3 days and leave it plstered on your web page is not a very good advert when the product is the jounalist skills your are providing.

Quote:
Join the club - I would love to stop buying it but as my collection goes back to 1974 it seems silly to stop, but then it winds me up nearly every week. grrrrrrr!
I know what you mean, but will the present day editions carry the same useful info for referance in 10 years time? I think the internet will be a far better database. I only stopped buying it 4 years ago when my daughters where born, not sure why I stopped then, guess I just did'nt have the time to read it any longer.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 14:54 (Ref:1110442)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
www.crash.net playing towards the max power market?! How do u work that one out? Theres one section for info about modifying cars, and 22 other sections dedicated to the various motorsport series around the world. Crash.net is hardly max power material lol.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 14:58 (Ref:1110447)   #8
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
CRASH as in bang wallop against the armco
Old 29 Sep 2004, 16:10 (Ref:1110505)   #9
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nordic beat me to it. I've always wondered about Crash.net's name.

But Autosport's website has always been ****. I don't know why they bother.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 16:42 (Ref:1110536)   #10
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Audi R8R
Nordic beat me to it. I've always wondered about Crash.net's name.

But Autosport's website has always been ****. I don't know why they bother.
The name is a bit odd, but it is a very impormative site covering a very broad spectrum of motorsport including Bikes.