Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Closed Thread

Old 15 Feb 2007, 13:21 (Ref:1842131)   #1
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
VE Disaster

The 1st Of the VE Comms hit the track today. 3 Seconds off the pace. Following "A Current Affair" story about customer Dissatisfaction with their VE purchase. Rumour has it(from another Forum), that HOLDEN have been asked to refund over 1000 VE's by Fleet buyers. It seems the car is great in design but falls apart after delivery. One of my Mates who was forced into driving a HSV Jellopy, had the roof console drop on his head!!!! Luckyly being a good FORD driver, he avoided a serious accident. The Billion Dollar Baby will allow Toyota to take them over more quickly.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 13:42 (Ref:1842153)   #2
monaroCountry
Racer

monaroCountry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is this post for real?
Old 15 Feb 2007, 13:45 (Ref:1842157)   #3
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
is this post for real?
Yes it is.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 14:00 (Ref:1842167)   #4
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jellopy?
Old 15 Feb 2007, 14:02 (Ref:1842168)   #5
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
Jellopy?
Yes? It's called English, not USA crap.

Last edited by billy bigtime; 15 Feb 2007 at 14:11.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 14:35 (Ref:1842195)   #6
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Billy, your a total dim whit, I have yet to see you contribute anything positive to this website. Your constant bagging of Holden, Hrt, Mark Skaife etc etc etc its a little bit long in the tooth. Maybe its time for you to move onto maybe a predominately Ford or other website to keep you amused.

Theres a million and 1 stories that relate to new cars and Im sure if you ask the question here we all have our own. For instance, my wifes company was a bank spanking new BA Falcon at the time................The biggest heap of garbage we have ever driven. A new motor replaced under 50000K, new gas tanks as these were unable to be refueled after the fuel nozzles etc became jammed and the list goes on.

Give over or move on, your tiring yawn!
Old 15 Feb 2007, 14:57 (Ref:1842211)   #7
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper
Billy, your a total dim whit, I have yet to see you contribute anything positive to this website. Your constant bagging of Holden, Hrt, Mark Skaife etc etc etc its a little bit long in the tooth. Maybe its time for you to move onto maybe a predominately Ford or other website to keep you amused.

Theres a million and 1 stories that relate to new cars and Im sure if you ask the question here we all have our own. For instance, my wifes company was a bank spanking new BA Falcon at the time................The biggest heap of garbage we have ever driven. A new motor replaced under 50000K, new gas tanks as these were unable to be refueled after the fuel nozzles etc became jammed and the list goes on.

Give over or move on, your tiring yawn!
50,000 km? Gee, most VE's are @20,000 km. The only way Holden Dearlerships will make a buck. Apart from all their liitle cars coming from DAEWOO in KOREA
Old 15 Feb 2007, 15:50 (Ref:1842254)   #8
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Billy....my friend... how wrong.

My father used to manage one fo the best REPCO engine reconditioning shops in Australia. After the sell out, this became a successful private shop who still has the majority of Holden and Ford dealerships for the Hunter region.

I happened to be on the phone to the owner when I read this. And, if you have a problem with what I am about to say, PM me. I am telling you 100$ FACT....

Newcastle, Kelly and Boyd Holdens in the Newcastle/Hunter region have serviced 40 VE's past 50,000k. Expecting the same issues as with the GENIII engine, this shop contacted all dealers mentioned and asked them to give them a heads up if there were issues before 100,000k's reached. Guess what buddy - no 3.5 global V6 or GEN IV V8's have had issues. In fact, the majority of cars, fleet based, have had a return of engine oil that was devoid of metal shaving and also healthy in colour.

To further shoot your rediculous arguement down, the EFI tuning has been similar if not identical to factory, and wheel ballances have been "nearly" factory.

Billy - if you wish to spout rubbish, make sure it's at least half conceivable.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 19:55 (Ref:1842491)   #9
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Armageddon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My brother works on the production line putting front shocks together and assisting in putting in the rear ends on the VE's, you should hear some of the stories he has told me about what goes on there!!! The best one was about a HSV that didn't want to take its diff, out came a hammer and in it went!!! Now thats quality and workmanship at its best!!!

They have already conducted to recalls as well, one to fix a spring in the seat belt retainer, some of the belts where popping out and leaving people unprotected!!!
Old 15 Feb 2007, 20:25 (Ref:1842514)   #10
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper
Maybe its time for you to move onto maybe a predominately Ford or other website to keep you amused.
He's already on one.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 20:44 (Ref:1842539)   #11
Yellow 427
Rookie

Yellow 427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddon
My brother works on the production line putting front shocks together and assisting in putting in the rear ends on the VE's, you should hear some of the stories he has told me about what goes on there!!! The best one was about a HSV that didn't want to take its diff, out came a hammer and in it went!!! Now thats quality and workmanship at its best!!!
I was on a Ford factory tour at Broadmeadows a few years back (late AU days) and we are walking through the factory, and see a rear panel being fitted to a Falcon, with some persuasion from a hammer too. It would happen everywhere, across most fields of manufacturing.

And what is Billy Bigtime doing back on here? I thought school holidays were over?
Old 15 Feb 2007, 20:56 (Ref:1842554)   #12
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nothing to see here folks....

Last edited by 6.213km; 15 Feb 2007 at 21:03.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 21:03 (Ref:1842557)   #13
Yellow 427
Rookie

Yellow 427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I logged onto the net for this? Next Billy will be digging up his threads about how the VE is not selling... that probably came from his same source as this thread.

Last edited by Yellow 427; 15 Feb 2007 at 21:08.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 22:55 (Ref:1842670)   #14
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
The 1st Of the VE Comms hit the track today. 3 Seconds off the pace. Following "A Current Affair" story about customer Dissatisfaction with their VE purchase. Rumour has it(from another Forum), that HOLDEN have been asked to refund over 1000 VE's by Fleet buyers. It seems the car is great in design but falls apart after delivery. One of my Mates who was forced into driving a HSV Jellopy, had the roof console drop on his head!!!! Luckyly being a good FORD driver, he avoided a serious accident. The Billion Dollar Baby will allow Toyota to take them over more quickly.
Billy this is such a ridiculously biased post that many forum trolls would be proud of.

Ford are just as bad as you claim Holden to be. You ever seen the European or American sectors for example? Several cars have been riddled with faults. (I wouldn't be suprised to see the Falcon having issues either but of course you wouldn't mention that would you? ) It isn't a unique thing to happen to ANY manufacturer.

Grow up.

Last edited by maximus; 15 Feb 2007 at 22:58.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 05:15 (Ref:1842831)   #15
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
Yes? It's called English, not USA crap.
The word is Jalopy. Don't they teach you how to spell at school nowadays?
Old 16 Feb 2007, 12:53 (Ref:1843111)   #16
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since this is going nowhere I'm closing it.